TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 vs Flying Shingle

mr4teth

I haven't been on for a while so I figured I'd share my little story.

I had the Hot Rod out for a nice late Friday afternoon cruise. I drove up to my friends motorcycle shop to check out my Bobber build when out of no where a nasty storm popped up. The sky turned black and the wind started to blow like a mini tornado. My buddy suggested I pull my car into his garage at which point shingles from his neighbors started flying. I luckily missed the first dozen or so but while pulling in "Bang" right across the hood I got hit!! MOTHER F'rrrrr!!!!!balls1.gif

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

Let me say ... American Modern Insurance the underwriter for Heacock insurance absolutely SUCKS! These Jack-offs took almost 4 weeks to get my claim processed and this was with me calling every couple of days pushing the adjuster along. I must have called them 10 times before they called me back ... just a horrible experience. You would expect an underwriter who deals with specialty cars to know the importance of getting a vehicle fix at this time of the year (car shows, cruises and events)

The good news is I'm going into the shop Monday and the body shop guaranteed me they will be done before June 5th so I can make the Carlisle show! happy%20feet.gif

I haven't been on for a while so I figured I'd share my little story.

I had the Hot Rod out for a nice late Friday afternoon cruise. I drove up to my friends motorcycle shop to check out my Bobber build when out of no where a nasty storm popped up. The sky turned black and the wind started to blow like a mini tornado. My buddy suggested I pull my car into his garage at which point shingles from his neighbors started flying. I luckily missed the first dozen or so but while pulling in "Bang" right across the hood I got hit!! MOTHER F'rrrrr!!!!!balls1.gif

Let me say ... American Modern Insurance the underwriter for Heacock insurance absolutely SUCKS! These Jack-offs took almost 4 weeks to get my claim processed and this was with me calling every couple of days pushing the adjuster along. I must have called them 10 times before they called me back ... just a horrible experience. You would expect an underwriter who deals with specialty cars to know the importance of getting a vehicle fix at this time of the year (car shows, cruises and events)

The good news is I'm going into the shop Monday and the body shop guaranteed me they will be done before June 5th so I can make the Carlisle show! happy%20feet.gif

WOW. Glad it wasn't worse...

Yikes man!

It looks like you would probably be able to buff out the scratches on the hood.

The stripe will need replacing though.

No such luck! The scratches go all the way threw ..... :banghead:

Archived