TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel Mileage

owenkelley

Obviously, for anybody buying a GT500 fuel economy is not a major issue or we would be buying a Prius or one of those ugly little Hondas. Because the rumor has been raised that the EPA estimates are going to be lowered for the '08 MY it got me wondering what people are really experienceing for MPG.

If you take your GT500 on a 500 mile trip and set the cruise in the 75 to 80 MPH range what are you actually getting in MPG?

If you drive your car back & forth to work on surface streets that require stop & go driving what are you experiencing?

Is fuel economy improving as time goes on due to the engine breaking in and loosening up a bit?

My intention has always been to use this car mostly for travelling, but the closer it gets to getting here the more I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to resist driving it. This is why I'm curious as to what people are really getting for fuel mileage.

Obviously, for anybody buying a GT500 fuel economy is not a major issue or we would be buying a Prius or one of those ugly little Hondas. Because the rumor has been raised that the EPA estimates are going to be lowered for the '08 MY it got me wondering what people are really experienceing for MPG.

If you take your GT500 on a 500 mile trip and set the cruise in the 75 to 80 MPH range what are you actually getting in MPG?

If you drive your car back & forth to work on surface streets that require stop & go driving what are you experiencing?

Is fuel economy improving as time goes on due to the engine breaking in and loosening up a bit?

My intention has always been to use this car mostly for travelling, but the closer it gets to getting here the more I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to resist driving it. This is why I'm curious as to what people are really getting for fuel mileage.

I have just under 800 miles on my car

I started out with an avg. of 12.8and it is now at 13.5. Most of my driving is flat Florida highway and back roads. Sunday mornings are great for a cruise through town. Occasionally the black stuff wrapped around the wheels comes off real fast if your not careful.

My computer sez 14.5 MPG average since I got the car.

Nice car

I like the color

do you like the Sat radio?

I opted away from it because I didn't like the look of the ant on the trunk

Nice car

I like the color

do you like the Sat radio?

I opted away from it because I didn't like the look of the ant on the trunk

I tend to be anal about fuel economy but this car .. Im not .. in part because i have a dealership gas card ! :banana piano:

But i avg about what everyone else does too ... about 14.5 . I think that most know that the computer MPG are going to be generous .. real world driving should still get you high teens or low 20's at best

dond

I tend to be anal about fuel economy but this car .. Im not .. in part because i have a dealership gas card ! :banana piano:

But i avg about what everyone else does too ... about 14.5 . I think that most know that the computer MPG are going to be generous .. real world driving should still get you high teens or low 20's at best

dond

Is your GPS Tracking system built in or portable?

I actually reset the computer every so often to see if it was getting better as the car got broken in but just as i passed 600 miles the weather turned so I've not been out much lately. On the highway coming back from OH when i bought the car i did pretty good crusing at 80. I would gues in the 19-22 range. Around town it gets a lot worse but how much depends on how i drive. I can get 12.8 or 16 but normal city driving is likely about 15 mpg.

I have not yet noticed the economy getting better (other than gas prices going down a little). But i've not gotten back on the highway for a long drive either. The key point was i didn't buy it for the gas milage as you stated - it's doing all i could ask as is :)

on my first two tanks with no tune/intake I got about 17 mpg. also included in these first two tanks were 4 continuous 50 mile runs on the highway. my next 4 tanks with tune/intake have given me from 13.2-15.5 mpg. no continuos highway runs of more than 20 miles on these last 4 tanks.

btw, i told myself i would only drive it occasionaly during the week and on weekends. not. no way can i resist not driving it at least 2-3 times a week to work.

6,700 miles on mine. Drove it 500 miles coming home from dealership....varying speeds from 60-80 and got 21.5

Pre-mods, 60mph got me 22mpg. 70 gets me 18mpg.

CAI and tune....60 gets 21.8 and 70 gets me 18.3

City (Chicago) commute...all stop and go, 15 if I never get on it. Running around town...getting on it once in a while yields around 11.8

I'll tell you tomorrow what a 2.6 pulley, JLT cold air, Evo pulley tune and 3.73 gears gets me. :banana piano:

Da Pig

6,700 miles on mine. Drove it 500 miles coming home from dealership....varying speeds from 60-80 and got 21.5

Pre-mods, 60mph got me 22mpg. 70 gets me 18mpg.

CAI and tune....60 gets 21.8 and 70 gets me 18.3

City (Chicago) commute...all stop and go, 15 if I never get on it. Running around town...getting on it once in a while yields around 11.8

I'll tell you tomorrow what a 2.6 pulley, JLT cold air, Evo pulley tune and 3.73 gears gets me. :banana piano:

Da Pig

I am getting around 14.8 Around town and highway here, if i do the math after the fill up it is more like high 15's Im happy as my truck gets around ten on a good day.

Last week I had a round trip of 660 miles with an average speed of 81mph (according to the info center) and averaged 19 mpg. I probably could have gotten better but I had to teach an 04 JagXKR - who had been riding my rear bumper for about a mile - a lesson - didn't see him the rest of the trip.

I haven't measured mine yet...I wouldn't trust it with only 150 miles.

Is 'funner' a word? :headscratch:

Yes, it's a snack.

Oh wait...that's a funyon. :hysterical2:post-3382-1169783376_thumb.jpg

And here's a thread where people are saying funyon is the best snack to eat when you're high. :redcard:

http://420.marijuana.com/showthread.php?t=4035&page=5

I have a feeling this may replace Cheez whiz on Ruf's list. :hysterical2::hysterical:

post-3382-1169783376_thumb.jpg

I get about 15 gallons per Gas Station, three stations a week. But the amount of Gas Stations you visit in a week may vary. :shift:

I get about 15 gallons per Gas Station, three stations a week. "For comparison only". "The amount of Gas Stations you visit in a week may vary". :shift:

Daily driver, over 8200 miles. Computer says between 19.5 to 21.4 week in, week out. Most often it's close to an even 20. Obviously a significant amount of my time is commuting, so there is little time to go nuts when few others are on the road. The computer says I use about 0.3 - 0.4 fewer gallons per fill up than the gas pump says, so the numbers above are about 0.5 MPG too high.

Gotta pay to play, and I don't get much play time. Considering all the attention I get, with my luck I'll get nailed if I play too hard.

I am willing to bet i have one of the lonest trips yet i picked my car up in Bridgman, MI and drove her stright back to Miami, fl getting lost in the back woods of MI for a few miles. I Clocked 18xx miles and at 70-80 mph i got 21-22 mpg i was geting close to 300 miles a tank if i pushed it a few times i put close to 15 gal. in.

Its funny ill drive may car 1 or 2 days a week to work it will get the ave mpg up to around 18. then ill take the car out sat. nite for some fun and come home with the avg aroung 12. Cars not that bad on gas at all,

Now my wifes SRT8 PIG ON GAS wow its bad

Archived