TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertible wind baffle

I'm finally catching up on the BJ Auction I DVRed and noticed that the prototype convertible GTH had a wind baffle that looked like it attached to the light bar and covered the rear seat area. I've seen pictures of them before but have never been able to find one.

I looked both at the Ford parts and Shelby store and can't find one. Anyone got a pointer?

I'm finally catching up on the BJ Auction I DVRed and noticed that the prototype convertible GTH had a wind baffle that looked like it attached to the light bar and covered the rear seat area. I've seen pictures of them before but have never been able to find one.

I looked both at the Ford parts and Shelby store and can't find one. Anyone got a pointer?

How about this one? It's made for the CDC light bar which is what SA installed on the verts (GTH and SS).

http://www.classicde...ct_detail&p=130

I would like one with a Tiffany snake embossed (silkscreened?) on the center of the screen, but no one makes them (yet?).

Perhaps Robert and Sharon need to look at a "Shelbyized" verison of this for us vert owners that have the "Shelby" (CDC) light bar on their cars.

Hey Robert!!

HEY GUYS ,

SCOTTY HERE , IN REGARDS TO THE FLIP WIND SCEEN CDC MAKES IT'S THE BEST ONE ON THE

MARKET I HAVE ONE ON MY 03 TERMINATOR. THE OWNER OF CDC IS GEORGE H. IS A MUSTANG

GUY THRU N THRU AND WILL NOT RELEASE A PRODUCT UNLESS IT PASSES THE LITMUS

TEST. BE ASSURED THAT HIS PRODUCTS ARE WORLD CLASS.

CDC makes very good stuff and most, if not all, of it is made in the USA!

I have heard good things about George H. also from mutual friends. I also heard he has worked with Shelby on a few things.

I have a CDC one on order, well back order! Looked at a couple of differant ones and the CDC fit the best of the ones I saw at Knots. As soon as I get it I will post some pictures if you want. They said a couple of weeks till they ship.

I need to be compatible with the light bar too, so the CDC looks like the best match.

I know GT500FLYBOY has the CDC version. As I recall he really likes it. That was the one I was eyeing as well.

Yep - I have the CDC version. The other one above is fine if you don't have the light bar.

I use it all the time - and it really works. It cuts off the circular flow that runs thru the car with the top down. Early spring, late fall when it's cool - with the windows up and heat on - the heat stays in. In the summer heat - the a/c stays in. And it doesn't mark the bar - or the quarter trim. There's a rubber pad under the mount that sits on the trim.

Here's a couple pics.

DSC04910.jpg

DSC04912.jpg

DSC04908.jpg

DSC04906.jpg

DSC04904.jpg

DSC04903.jpg

I have been eying this model for a bit. Have had no hands on experience with it though

http://www.lovethedrive.com/catalog/Mustang/Mustang_2005_to_2010/13

Hey glroy,

I considered that one too, (and you may feel some canadian loyalty as that guy is from Vancouver!)

I ended up with this one http://www.mywindstop.com/Privacy%20Policy.htm which I got for about $90.00 less, and they picked up the shipping too, but that was about a year ago.

It really has enhanced the driving experience, as it really cuts down on the turbulents (sp)

here is a pic of mine, as you can see, it really fits around the styling bar nicely. I'm sure mine, cdc, and your link are all equal in quality. But get one, you won't regret it. Lower pic quality as it was taken with cel phone.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Yep - I have the CDC version. The other one above is fine if you don't have the light bar.

I use it all the time - and it really works. It cuts off the circular flow that runs thru the car with the top down. Early spring, late fall when it's cool - with the windows up and heat on - the heat stays in. In the summer heat - the a/c stays in. And it doesn't mark the bar - or the quarter trim. There's a rubber pad under the mount that sits on the trim.

Thanks FLYBOY, I just ordered mine!

Wow looks great! just wish mine would get here :cry:

Added bonus - works well with the doggies. I strap them in and the wind screen keeps them down.

My dog would never go for that. He likes to cruise with his nose up in the wind and knows not to touch the sides, he has his own doggy seat cover to protect the seats and of course his doggles.

CoolPuppy.jpg

Riley, ready to go cruisin!

• 2 weeks later...

...for us vert owners that have the "Shelby" (CDC) light bar on their cars.

I assume you are refering to the light bar at the Shelby store? I didn't think that was made by CDC, it looks too rounded at the corners...hmmm.

Does the Shelby bar have any designating emblems?

Archived