TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let's raise some ca$h for Hisssss's widow

Many of you heard that Hisssss (Mark) died last Sunday while on active duty in Afghanistan. The details of his death are in this thread:

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Consider this thread a way off passing the hat for one of our fallen hero's. Many here on TS, including me, believe we have an obligation to take care of widows who have lost their husbands in war. Financial help to those in need is far more meaningful than words of condolences. Below is a post that mrfarmdog made in one of my threads yesterday that makes it very easy to help out Mark's wife Barbie. Stickers and or shirts are available and the money will be going to Barbie. If you find it on your heart to help out....PLEASE DO !!!!!!

Hey everyone I thought I would provide an update.

Brian and I have been working to get everything set up. We discussed this and decided that this effort was a worthwhile cause that others could benefit from as well. Therefore I have established the site www.fallenheros.us as a site that can be used to collect donations for families of fallen soldiers. This site will not only be used to collect donations for Mark's family but is also dedicated to Mark Coleman as a lasting testiment to Mark and as a thank you for a job well done.

On the site homepage look at the bottom and you will find Mark's name is the first name on a list of fallen heros. Click on his name to go to a page specifically for Mark, where you donate in a variety of ways. If all goes well all donations collected to date will be presented at Grabbers event. All proceeds will go to the family with the exception of the cost of the shirts, decals and mailing expenses.

There are several options regarding donations. You have the option of a flexible donation which you can donate any amount you want, or a $20 donation. Decals will be provided to everyone that donates $20 or more. If you want more than one decal then donate twice. We also have 30 shirts that are available for $30 but due to the limited number those will probably go fast. Order them while you can.

I would appreciate your feedback and please let me know if you have any issues. You can send me a PM.

Also please wait until tomorrow to post this on other forums to give us a chance to gather feedback from TS members and correct any payment issues that may arise. After tomorrow I would encourage everyone to post up elsewhere.

Once again you can visit the website at www.fallenheros.us

Thanks

MrFarmdog Out!

Hi John & Rob,

Donation made, seamless and easy...thanx for setting this up

Tom

+1

Thanks John and Brian for getting the shirts and decals done. It will be my honor to wear the shirt and display the decal. Also thanks Rob for putting this thread up for everyone.

God Bless Mark and his family :salute:

I am always surprised, not sure why anymore, of the togetherness TS shows when we are called upon to do what is right for people in need. Thank you for getting this together and allow some of us the opportunity to help Barbie and the kids.

Pay it forward.....this is our "duty"

Pay it forward.....this is our "duty"

I like that.

Also I want to thank John (MrFarmdog) for getting this web page up and working on this with me. Also Rob (Grabber) for all you're doing to get the word out there.

I've got to have my T-shirt order in first thing Monday morning, so please don't wait on ordering.

Thanks everyone for your support!

-Brian

Thanks Bob.

Also there originally wasn't an option to order small shirts on fallenheros.us, but that has now been taken care of. If we could also get everyone to specify whether or not they want their items shipped, or it you'll be picking them up at Grabberville. You can leave this info in the comments area.

Thanks again everyone!

I just posted the following phrase and link to my facebook page and ask that others do it as well.. If you are a friend of mine on facebook please comment or Like this item. Thanks!

------------------------------

Please consider donating a few dollars on behalf of Fallen Hero, Mark Coleman.

http://fallenheros.us/MarkColeman.asp

I just posted the following phrase and link to my facebook page and ask that others do it as well.. If you are a friend of mine on facebook please comment or Like this item. Thanks!

------------------------------

Please consider donating a few dollars on behalf of Fallen Hero, Mark Coleman.

http://fallenheros.us/MarkColeman.asp

Donation sent. Thanks everyone.

Tony Scalies

Archived