TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone installed OEM Side Scoops on a 2010 Shelby?

You can see them on the Patriot Edition. http://www.winthemustangs.com/car2.aspx .

Mmmmm....

I like those aluminum door panels inside. And the dimple-less dash panels. And the rear quarter window scoop looks killer. I saw a Super Snake at the autoshow Shelby Exhibit and that solidified it as a mod I will be making on my car. Now....the SS hood. I wonder...

I like the look of these on Mustangs... has anyone added these Ford OEM side scoops and have a picture to share? Thanks

I put a set on mine but haven't taken pics yet.

I do have a pic of another TS members 2010 with side scoops and quarter window scoops. I will attach it.

I'll put pics of mine up after take a bunch that are small enough to attach to this list as I have done some other mods too.

HTH,

Phill

post-26522-12732495222_thumb.jpg

post-26522-12732495222_thumb.jpg

I put a set on mine but haven't taken pics yet.

I do have a pic of another TS members 2010 with side scoops and quarter window scoops. I will attach it.

I'll put pics of mine up after take a bunch that are small enough to attach to this list as I have done some other mods too.

HTH,

Phill

Thanks, I like them allot... it dresses up the side very nice, I wish they had put these on originally from the factory on all Shelby's... Anyone know where I can buy a set online OEM ford style painted? Rather find one place that does it all. I've got a call into http://www.bangastang.com/_e/dept/20/2010.htm they carry their own version, but I like the OEM look. They may be able to get it, waiting on a call back.

Thanks, I like them allot... it dresses up the side very nice, I wish they had put these on originally from the factory on all Shelby's... Anyone know where I can buy a set online OEM ford style painted? Rather find one place that does it all. I've got a call into http://www.bangastang.com/_e/dept/20/2010.htm they carry their own version, but I like the OEM look. They may be able to get it, waiting on a call back.

And that's not a real good picutre of the side scoops either! CaliKR took that photo with his cell phone and wasn't really highlighting the side scoops as much as the whole car.

The side scoops look GREAT in person. I'm real glad I put them on my car. You're right, they look factory and should'a been there from the get go.

But the OE Ford items, you won't regret it. They have a faux grill in them that matches the hood vent PERFECTLY too. I was going to paint my grills silver to make it stand out better until my wife pointed out that they match the hood vent pattern to a tee.

You can get any decent body shop to paint match them. Mine are *perfectly* matched, in any light. You can NOT tell they were added after purchase. I'll likely be getting the window scoops from SAI like elkhorn did (that's his car in the pic) and I have a good friend who works at a auto paint store who does side work to paint them for me.

Oddly enough, when I talked to the folks at SAI about not having the side scoops on the 2010 Super Snake they said it was a design decision to omit them "because they look STUPID"!

They might wanna rethink that decision because *everyone* who has ever seen them, likes them.

JMHO,

Phill

are the original equipment side scoops available from Ford??? Are they painted to match the body color ?? how difficult is the install, was the install done by a Ford Dealer or a body shop?

what was the prox cost installed (scoops plus install)?

thanks in advance to the group for any inputs or info they can provide.

> are the original equipment side scoops available from Ford???

Yes. According to my instruction sheet they are available at: www.fordaccessories.com

I'm not sure if this is the part number or the instruction sheet number but this is listed at the bottom of my insttuction sheet: SKAR3J-63279D12-AA

EDIT: Here is the part numbers I found on fordaccessories.com:

Left side: AR3Z-63279D37-AA

Right side: AR3Z-63279D36-AA

> Are they painted to match the body color ??

No, they come primered and you have to have them painted to match.

> how difficult is the install,

Very easy to install. I used blue painters masking tape to lay down a template (4mm along top edge, 4mm along the door edge) then taped the scoops in place before pulling the double-sided tape covering along the edges. Then apply pressure along the tape edges and you're done.

> was the install done by a Ford Dealer or a body shop?

By myself.

> what was the prox cost installed (scoops plus install)?

I bought mine from a guy on e-bay who decided not to use them. He paid $220 for the pair of scoops and $150 to have them painted. $220 is about the going price for a pair of 2010 side scoops but you can get them painted for less than he did. Having said that, the paint on mine is perfect in both quality and color match.

HTH,

Phill

I just ordered a pair from Bangastang, here is the infor for anyone insterested. 3D actually makes the OEM part for Ford.

2010 3D Carbon Side Scoops to our product line. 3D Carbon is the OEM manufacturer for the 2010. The price for the scoops painted is $314.00 plus shipping. Here's the link http://www.bangastang.com/_e/2010/product/691605/3D_Carbon_2010_Mustang_Side_Scoops.htm

post-28051-127325902121_thumb.jpg

post-28051-127325902121_thumb.jpg

And that's not a real good picutre of the side scoops either! CaliKR took that photo with his cell phone and wasn't really highlighting the side scoops as much as the whole car.

The side scoops look GREAT in person. I'm real glad I put them on my car. You're right, they look factory and should'a been there from the get go.

But the OE Ford items, you won't regret it. They have a faux grill in them that matches the hood vent PERFECTLY too. I was going to paint my grills silver to make it stand out better until my wife pointed out that they match the hood vent pattern to a tee.

You can get any decent body shop to paint match them. Mine are *perfectly* matched, in any light. You can NOT tell they were added after purchase. I'll likely be getting the window scoops from SAI like elkhorn did (that's his car in the pic) and I have a good friend who works at a auto paint store who does side work to paint them for me.

Oddly enough, when I talked to the folks at SAI about not having the side scoops on the 2010 Super Snake they said it was a design decision to omit them "because they look STUPID"!

They might wanna rethink that decision because *everyone* who has ever seen them, likes them.

JMHO,

Phill

Thanks for the info, I would love to see a close up shot if you could. Thanks!

are the original equipment side scoops available from Ford??? Are they painted to match the body color ?? how difficult is the install, was the install done by a Ford Dealer or a body shop?

what was the prox cost installed (scoops plus install)?

thanks in advance to the group for any inputs or info they can provide.

Installs w/ 3m tape, very easy.

I just ordered a pair from Bangastang, here is the infor for anyone insterested. 3D actually makes the OEM part for Ford.

2010 3D Carbon Side Scoops to our product line. 3D Carbon is the OEM manufacturer for the 2010. The price for the scoops painted is $314.00 plus shipping. Here's the link http://www.bangastang.com/_e/2010/product/691605/3D_Carbon_2010_Mustang_Side_Scoops.htm

Those don't look like *my* OE/RPO scoops. At least not for the 2010 models.

I'll post a pic ASAP.

Phill

Those don't look like *my* OE/RPO scoops. At least not for the 2010 models.

I'll post a pic ASAP.

Phill

Here is another link for 3D, a little different since this is for 09' But I like the look for the 10'...Curious to see what your look like compared to these. http://www.3dcarbon.com/Pages/Ford/Mustang/GT_Styling.html

• 1 month later...

Tim, this is my car in the pics. The side scoops I got from Ford Performance Parts Direct for $200 ( for the 2010 mustang) for the pair and the quarter window scoops were the same from Shelby that they put on the 2010 Super Snake. Had them painted to match at auto body shop for $400. I always liked the look of the 1968 GT500 KR with the scoops. Let me know if you want to know anything else. Brad

Tim, this is my car in the pics. The side scoops I got from Ford Performance Parts Direct for $200 ( for the 2010 mustang) for the pair and the quarter window scoops were the same from Shelby that they put on the 2010 Super Snake. Had them painted to match at auto body shop for $400. I always liked the look of the 1968 GT500 KR with the scoops. Let me know if you want to know anything else. Brad

Thanks Brad, Love the color. Would you happen to have aclose up picture you can post? Thanks

I'm undecided if I like the scoops of not?

And regarding the Patriot Edition - kudos to Ford for making a 1 of 1 edition and didn't even bother giving it the HID and Sync options, and painting the rear lower bumper while leaving the side rocker panels black. :headscratch:

I do like those scoops since you can see out of them (slightly), but my question is will the adhesive tape (yikes) hold up to triple digit speeds?

Thanks Brad, Love the color. Would you happen to have aclose up picture you can post? Thanks

I

If someone can recommend a resolution to take pics at that will post here (Mine are either HUGE or thumbnail size) I'll take a few snaps of mine and post 'em.

What "size" photo is best for viewing on this fourum?

I'm not just computer illiterate, I'm camera illeterate too!

Phill

I dont have any now and I am kind of in the same boat at Kona Blue GT is when it comes to this kind of stuff but I will let you know if I come up with something.

I

If someone can recommend a resolution to take pics at that will post here (Mine are either HUGE or thumbnail size) I'll take a few snaps of mine and post 'em.

What "size" photo is best for viewing on this fourum?

I'm not just computer illiterate, I'm camera illeterate too!

Phill

800x600

Archived