TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daytona is here for all you road race fans

moabman

In addition to a bunch of FR500cs (The Mustang GT race variant) entered in the Grand Am Koni Challange, Blackforest racing is entering a Mustang Cobra GT ( Manracer, the GT500 race variant) in the Rolex 24 hour challenge. It's the only Mustang I could find on the Rolex entry list. Good luck Blackforest - mow down those vettes and porsches!

Galleries_1.jpg

BlackForest Motorsports link

I am new to the Auto Racing Sports on TV, so I was wondering if anybody knew where else you could see Ford Racing with its Mustangs. Not too into NASCAR. I have heard of this 24 hr daytone, but where does the FR500C race? Or is it here?

The FR500C is raced in the Koni Challenge and Grand Am. Or something like that! The Koni is a new name for an existing event. This Sunday on Fox Sports and Speed Channel is a Daytona event. The Number 2 Car is for sale by Black Forest Motor Sports.

I am new to the Auto Racing Sports on TV, so I was wondering if anybody knew where else you could see Ford Racing with its Mustangs. Not too into NASCAR. I have heard of this 24 hr daytone, but where does the FR500C race? Or is it here?

The FR500C is raced in the Koni Challenge and Grand Am. Or something like that! The Koni is a new name for an existing event. This Sunday on Fox Sports and Speed Channel is a Daytona event. The Number 2 Car is for sale by Black Forest Motor Sports.

Grand Am Cup is the sanctioning organization. They have two series: the Rolex Challange and The Koni cup. The Rolex challange will have a few different classes - The fastest of which is the Daytona Prototype class (not to be confused with the race). They also have 2 GT classes for cars like vettes, porsches, and now GT Cobras. This race will be a 24 hour endurance race. The Koni challange will be raced on the same track a day earlier but is only a 2 hour race. Many FR500C mustangs are entered in this race. Here's a link to the Grand Am site:

Grand Am site

Thanks, Mark. I miss the Trans-Am series from back in the '80's.

Do you know the best magazine for coverage of this series?

I can't wait to see the car in full race trim.

Ruf -

I know what you mean - I miss the trans am series also!

Don't know of any good coverage. Sounds like a market for a enterprising writer to cover.

BTW it looks like they need somebody to Zaino that car. Will wax for seat time in that bad boy? :hysterical2:

Hey guys if you're interested on more specs and pics of the car go here:

Grand Am GT500

The car uses mostly carbon fiber body parts and is powered by the cammer motor. I hope those CF parts become aftermarket. I love the CF look. The only thing thats really GT500 about it is the hood, front fascia, and rear bumper. But who cares right! Close enough for me. I'll just call it my Shelby's brother from another mother.

Grand Am GT500

The car uses mostly carbon fiber body parts and is powered by the cammer motor. I hope those CF parts become aftermarket. I love the CF look. The only thing thats really GT500 about it is the hood, front fascia, and rear bumper. But who cares right! Close enough for me. I'll just call it my Shelby's brother from another mother.

So would that like make it a step bumper? :hyper:

I bet you did, but how do you think you would have done against Dorsey Schroeder?

Ouch - thats cold :hysterical2: I probably would misspell it also.

Is Dorsey the guy who has the TV show where he gets a famous racer to wheel around a circuit in twin exotics and discuss their characteristics?

Did anyone notice that Tags car is not exactly stock chassis either? Look at the picture with the hood up. Hello, where's the strut tower? I'm smelling a tube frame job here.

In addition to a bunch of FR500cs (The Mustang GT race variant) entered in the Grand Am Koni Challange, Blackforest racing is entering a Mustang Cobra GT ( Manracer, the GT500 race variant) in the Rolex 24 hour challenge. It's the only Mustang I could find on the Rolex entry list. Good luck Blackforest - mow down those vettes and porsches!

Galleries_1.jpg

BlackForest Motorsports link

Is this televised? If so what channel / day / time?

Here's a link to the GT class information:

Rolex 24 GT class news

Here's the quote about the BlackForest Cobra GT entry:

"...The Ford Mustang Cobra GT will also make its Rolex Series debut in the Rolex 24 At Daytona, with Blackforest Motorsports campaigning the No. 15 USG Sheetrock/Ramset Tools/Guardian Insulation Mustang Cobra GT. Champ Car World Series veteran Alex Tagliani, Rolex Series regular Guy Cosmo and Canadian up-and-comer Valerie Limoges will share the driving duties with team owner Tom Nastasi...."

Should be interesting! It will be hard to beat those GT3's but I'm hoping they smack the vettes!

Grand Am GT500

Thanks for the pics and info!

CC

Archived