TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help, my 2002 CETA has been jackd

J-Train

My 2002 CETA Has been stolen from my driveway in Bossier City this afternoon, it was stolen between 12 and 4 pm. It is the only CETA coupe in Shreveport/Bossier area. They only made 2300 of these cars world wide, and 300 went to Canada. The car is a A-4 with 65XXX miles.

IF you see this car call the police ASAP. The plate is PZC 991, LA

Vin is 2G2FV22G222142423

These pics were taken just Saturday.

dsc04501xk.jpg

dsc04503x.jpg

dsc04504s.jpg

dsc04505nb.jpg

dsc04506u.jpg

dsc04508u.jpg

dsc04509s.jpg

dsc04513p.jpg

dsc04515g.jpg

*****UPDATE***** Got a call from a Detective in Horn Lake, MS they found the car and got the bastard that stole it, evidently the car is is great shape, except two flat tires/messed up wheels, I guess he hit something and stopped at a hotel, (those wheels are impossible to find btw) He had a bunch of other stolen property with it, (not mine)

I have to call my insurance tomorow and figure out how I am going to get the car back, hopefully it is not too damaged, they said it looked "mint" but I have my reservations till I see it in person. Either way, I am just glad they found it and my baby is not being violated anymore. Even if the car is destroyed and ends up being a total loss (doubt it)

Going back to sleep now, I will stay tuned for any advice or help

Whew, glad you found it!

Please pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a CETA? I googled it and came up with pictures of other Pontiacs like yours, but no explanation or history.

Glad that you got your car back!

Two words:

LO JACK!

Not 100% fool proof, but it will give you better odds of getting your car back.

Just got a message from the Geico adjuster, he seemed pretty sure the only damage he could find was repairable rash on two of the wheels and two blown out tires. He said everything else looked good, my Ipod was still even in the center console. I will believe it when I put eyes on it myself though. I know that car like the back of my hand.

Just got a message from the Geico adjuster, he seemed pretty sure the only damage he could find was repairable rash on two of the wheels and two blown out tires. He said everything else looked good, my Ipod was still even in the center console. I will believe it when I put eyes on it myself though. I know that car like the back of my hand.

You're lucky. Your thief was pretty inexperienced. Lemme see, I'm gonna rob some houses and steal a car. Choice between a totally nondescript Toyota Corolla that looks like 1,000,000 others or a really cute slick yellow sports car. I'll take the yellow one. After all I have my Klingon Invisibility Cloak!

Hope everything gets put back together.

Why are you not having it Flat bedded to your town to a shop of your choice for repairs?

That way you can look the car over,agree disagree with repair options;what do the back of those wheels look like?

Seen your oil pan? Insurance companys like Gieco are there to turn a buck and fix it as cheap as possible.

1) Get it to your shop

2) inspect it

3)Get it fixed.......Correctly

4)Talk to Hagerty and get a agreed value policy

5)LO-JACK!!!

Doc Scott

Why are you not having it Flat bedded to your town to a shop of your choice for repairs?

That way you can look the car over,agree disagree with repair options;what do the back of those wheels look like?

Seen your oil pan? Insurance companys like Gieco are there to turn a buck and fix it as cheap as possible.

1) Get it to your shop

2) inspect it

3)Get it fixed.......Correctly

4)Talk to Hagerty and get a agreed value policy

5)LO-JACK!!!

Doc Scott

+1...To me, the big question mark would be what was the perp doing when he wrecked two rims and tires and how long had he been doing it for!

Glad you hear you were able to get it back! That's awesome.

I'd argue for getting the rims replaced. I'd also get the interior cleaned...you don't want any of his funk left inside your car. The POS criminal probably has more disease than a 3-day old dead rat in a NY sewer....and he was inside your car...nasty.

Archived