TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Something strange with my car???

mrdci

Yesterday I finally got around to washing the car and I noticed something a little odd. I just had the car in for service last Friday and the Dealership rotated the tires. No wonder I had no traction the way home. I guess I have to drive back 45mins to the dealer to get this fixed or take it to the local one and probably have to pay to have it corrected. Since I don't have a spare tire or two jacks and my jackstands are the 2 ton ones there's no way I can do it at the house. I'm just waiting to call the dealer to inform them of their dumbazz move. Anyone have any other bonehead stuff done at the dealer?

“Anyone have any other bonehead stuff done at the dealer?”

Yes, they put too much oil in when I had my first oil change. I just dread the thought of having to take my car to a dealer to have anything done.

The first and last time I went to my closest dealer for an oil change....took me three days to clean the engine bay from all the oil finger prints and grime everywhere and the oil dripped for about a week. I no longer and will never do business with them again. AT the time I discussed my clutch slipping and actually handed them the TSB, they drove it and said they would have to charge me 5 hours labor to "investiagate" it before they could do anything. geeezzzzzz

I called my selling dealer and just mentioned the clutch and they offered to bring a flat bed down to pick it, it was in the shop the next day, in fact in a private secured dual garage with a '70 GT500 they had in doing service. That's a dealership.

Yup, this one has been posted before. Are they just not paying attention or what. :banghead: I have no bad dealer experiences because my car has never been to a dealer since I bought it.

Yesterday I finally got around to washing the car and I noticed something a little odd. I just had the car in for service last Friday and the Dealership rotated the tires.

What do you mean they "rotated" you tires?

From front to rear (X style) or side to side?

Phill

What do you mean they "rotated" you tires?

From front to rear (X style) or side to side?

Phill

I believe they mean our tires are directional and not to be rotated.

I believe they mean our tires are directional and not to be rotated.

I don't know about the earlier models but the 2010's are *not* directional and are intended to be rotated from side to side, as per the owners manual.

Obviously, with A-symetrical tires you can't rotate from front/rear but if they are non-directional, side to side is fine.

Phill

If you have the stock tires here is what the manual says.

Tire rotation

Because your vehicle is equipped with unique larger tires on the rear

wheels, you can only rotate the tires side to side. You must not rotate

tires in a crisscross pattern or front to rear. If you notice that the tires

wear unevenly, have them checked.

Rotating your tires at the recommended interval (as indicated in the

Scheduled maintenance guide will help your tires wear more evenly,

providing better tire performance and longer tire life. Unless otherwise

specified, rotate the tires approximately every 5,000 miles (8,000 km).

I dubbed my local dealer's service tech "Jethro" 'cause he looked and sounded a lot like the Beverly Hillbillies character. He wandered in from working on my car and said, "Uh you know them tires ain't the same on the front as on the back." I wanted to jump up and scream, "OH NO, somebody stole my tires and put smaller ones on the front!" but he'd probably had a heart attack, so I just said, yeah, I know, side to side, please........they don't do my service any more. Once was enough.

a good freind of mine came over to the house last summer to talk to me about some mods when I noticed his 285 were on the front I ask him how that happened and he took his gt500 in to the ford dealer to have oil changed and they must have rotated the front and rear tires he said that he had no traction I could see that .he is a doctor and he did not notice the change I changed them back where they go and added a vmp stage 2 and he is happy now . he may be back for a blower upgrade this summer . 428cj

I don't know about the earlier models but the 2010's are *not* directional and are intended to be rotated from side to side, as per the owners manual.

Obviously, with A-symetrical tires you can't rotate from front/rear but if they are non-directional, side to side is fine.

Phill

The GY F1 Supercars on my 2007 are non-directional tires. Side-to-side rotation is fine.

Archived