TEAM SHELBY FORUM

9.8 Compression 3V Aluminator Short Block

I was told last month that FR will be coming out with a new Aluminator short. Then I found a thread on the S197 forum that linked to this thread.

Pretty good deal for $3200, add in a pair of Livernois stage 2 heads and Comp stage 2 blower cams :shift:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/tousley-ford-full-line-ford-lincoln-mercury-ford-racing-distributors-320/688232-9-8-compression-3v-aluminator-short-block.html

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same cr as your stock motor, only this one has forged internals :happy feet:

Which is why if I bought or built a short block with forged internals I would build it with a lower cr. Why waste the money? Im serious, am I missing something? I dont know, I dont mean to be a smart ass, Im asking for a real answer. A built short block is forthcoming in my future.

Chris

Which is why if I bought or built a short block with forged internals I would build it with a lower cr. Why waste the money? Im serious, am I missing something? I dont know, I dont mean to be a smart ass, Im asking for a real answer. A built short block is forthcoming in my future.

Chris

first, what are you goals with your SGT? street/track? or dragster? what kind of hp are you looking for? more power mean more mods to support it.

My main goal is longevity. I'm fine with the power that I have now, its for street/track. I just want to build my power safely, I would do at most a pulley upgrade, maybe cams.

Chris

boost vs. compression

I think based on what I've learned, this article is pretty accurate.

in a nutshell, lower compression means you need more boost to get the same output, depending on the blower, you may not be able to push enough more to gain back what is lost.

the flipside, is too high of compression means possibly your fuel will limit you and not being able to use the full boost your blower is capable of.

one of the paragraphs recommends starting with a compression that WITHOUT boost gives you enough power for normal driving, which puts us at the 9.8 CR aluminator

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT do this for a living and this is based only what i've learned playing with my own cars. Seek professional help :)

^For a self proclaimed amateur, you did awfully well right there. salute.gif

lol, thanks man, I just want people to double check when it's something that will make a TON of difference in what thier car will/can do... I was a low compression beleiver till I did a lot of looking.

lol, thanks man, I just want people to double check when it's something that will make a TON of difference in what thier car will/can do... I was a low compression beleiver till I did a lot of looking.

same here after owning a GT500 :lurk:

• 1 month later...

Paul,

I'm psyched, our engines are finally coming in this week. Luck dog, you got engine number one, I'm proud to be right after you my friend. Let me know when you're coming up to pick it up as mine will be done right around the same time hopefully.

Adam

Paul,

I'm psyched, our engines are finally coming in this week. Luck dog, you got engine number one, I'm proud to be right after you my friend. Let me know when you're coming up to pick it up as mine will be done right around the same time hopefully.

Adam

I sure hope they come in this week, along with the Whipple system. I hate the waiting game. The last time I was first, it wasn't so lucky. No more of that stuff. You will still be first to have the new FR aluminator in a SGT. I hope to be up there this coming month. I will let you know when and look forward to meeting you after all these years.

I sure hope they come in this week, along with the Whipple system. I hate the waiting game. The last time I was first, it wasn't so lucky. No more of that stuff. You will still be first to have the new FR aluminator in a SGT. I hope to be up there this coming month. I will let you know when and look forward to meeting you after all these years.

So where did you guys buy these and do you have the part # ? I got a whipple sitting on the floor looking for an engine with forged internals.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew – I’m pretty sure it’s this http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12039

This is beginning to look like the core piece of the next (BIG) mod if I can figure out a way to pay for it… Planning to do most of the work myself but it still a big number to do it right. Kids going to college is overrated right?

Adam/Paul – I’m freakin’ jealous as hell. I’m sure you have this all laid out so are you gonna keep us in suspense or spill the beans? You can PM me if you don’t want to post, I promise I won’t tell (NOT)!

Longblock as-built specs?

-heads

-cams

-valves

-flywheel

- manifold

- other…

- Power Adder(s)?

Drivetrain mods?

-clutch

-drive shaft

-differential

-axels

Part numbers?

Prices?

-Parts/labor

Tasca Performance Package,

FR HO Whipple SC with custom Whipple inlet

Whipple 15lb 10 rib drive kit

FR Aluminator SB

FR CNC heads, stock cams

L&M 62mm TB

Whipple 105mm maf

47lb GT500 injectors

Tasca fuel pump system

ARH LT's/ceramic coated

FR3 Suspension system

BMR control arms/relocation brackets

BMR adjustable panhard bar

1pc ds

G-Force twin disc clutch

MGW shifter

BMR motor mounts

Brembo 4p brakes with upgraded rotors, pads and stainless steel lines

2010 SVT/GT500 Wheels with 285/40/18 front, 305/40/18 rear

Gauge pod with FR gauges

strut brace

CDC dead pedal

Sequential tail lights

PM me your email addy and I'll send you details but for now here is what I am getting. I've held off talking about this as I have gone through some personal difficulties in the past year but have them all past me so now I can elaborate.

Here is what Tasca is doing:

1) Ford Racing Short Block 9.8:1 Aluminator

2) Head Gaskets, ARP Head Studs, Timing Chain Tensioners, Timing Cover gaskets, Oil Pan Gasket

3) American Racing Long Tube headers (High Flow Cats)

4) GForce Clutch and Flywheel (was doing McLeod but recently changed - thoughts on which one to go with anyone???)

These are the options that I will either get now or wait for the break-in. Therefore I welcome commentary on whether to do now or wait.

5) 47 PSI injectors (should I get something higher???)

6) Tasca/L&M 62MM TB

7) Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive kit (16PSI)

8) Aluminum driveshaft

9) BMR Tubular K member and driveshaft loop (I already have the LCA's),

10) Will do rear suspension and Watts Link next year since I haven't been able to race this year

11) Thought about 3:73's but this will already be sick so I likely won't need it. Thoughts???

When done, it won't be as sick as Ken's, but should be somewhere in the 600+ RWHP. Think Paul is getting most, all, or more done to his car. Paul???

Anyone else recommend anything else?

Ken, this is what I wanted to chat with you when you were in town. I already have the GT500 fuel pump. Should I get the mechanical water pump you got? Should I get the same oil pan you got - ie would that help?

PM me your email addy and I'll send you details but for now here is what I am getting. I've held off talking about this as I have gone through some personal difficulties in the past year but have them all past me so now I can elaborate.

Here is what Tasca is doing:

1) Ford Racing Short Block 9.8:1 Aluminator

2) Head Gaskets, ARP Head Studs, Timing Chain Tensioners, Timing Cover gaskets, Oil Pan Gasket

3) American Racing Long Tube headers (High Flow Cats)

4) GForce Clutch and Flywheel (was doing McLeod but recently changed - thoughts on which one to go with anyone???)

These are the options that I will either get now or wait for the break-in. Therefore I welcome commentary on whether to do now or wait.

5) 47 PSI injectors (should I get something higher???)

6) Tasca/L&M 62MM TB

7) Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive kit (16PSI)

8) Aluminum driveshaft

9) BMR Tubular K member and driveshaft loop (I already have the LCA's),

10) Will do rear suspension and Watts Link next year since I haven't been able to race this year

11) Thought about 3:73's but this will already be sick so I likely won't need it. Thoughts???

When done, it won't be as sick as Ken's, but should be somewhere in the 600+ RWHP. Think Paul is getting most, all, or more done to his car. Paul???

Anyone else recommend anything else?

Ken, this is what I wanted to chat with you when you were in town. I already have the GT500 fuel pump. Should I get the mechanical water pump you got? Should I get the same oil pan you got - ie would that help?

Adam, if you can swing #5,#6 and #8 then do it. the 47lb injectors are stock on the GT500 and will support well over 600rwhp

the L&M tb is better then the FR Tb, flows way more air. 1pc ds, less mass, more hp

Paul, that's going to be sick!!!

Okay, it looks like I need to chat with Dennis to adjust mine - maybe on the MAF, motor mounts and strut brace (non prototype LOL).

I sure hope not. The SGT is a sick ride, I don't need another one. This one will be a perfert sleeper with plenty of punch

Archived