TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 SVT package stripes...

i just saw a 2011 grabber blue 500 with white stripes..............why are the stripes so small, it looks soo stupid.

personally i think its nonono.gifnonono.gifheadscratch.gifnonono.gifnonono.gif

I had the same reaction when I saw the stripes the first time... but after a couple weeks, they really grew on me...

Now, I think I better like the thin stripes... IMO, looks more racing...

Anyway, I will know for sure really soon as my car is coming in the next couple days/week.

I had the same reaction when I saw the stripes the first time... but after a couple weeks, they really grew on me...

Now, I think I better like the thin stripes... IMO, looks more racing...

Anyway, I will know for sure really soon as my car is coming in the next couple days/week.

I don't care for them at all

i just saw a 2011 grabber blue 500 with white stripes..............why are the stripes so small, it looks soo stupid.

personally i think its :nonono::nonono::headscratch::nonono::nonono:

I would appreciate some common sense and respect for parents and children with disabilities prior to using the "R" word so freely on your topic. Having a child with special needs "being his advocate", I find people that use this word so freely need to think twice before they act. Please REMOVE this word from the posting - thank you

I would appreciate some common sense and respect for parents and children with disabilities prior to using the "R" word so freely on your topic. Having a child with special needs "being his advocate", I find people that use this word so freely need to think twice before they act. Please REMOVE this word from the posting - thank you

Well, FWIW to the poster, I have a son with Down syndrome and never thought twice about the "R" word. I guess I just don't see him that way in my eyes. Anyway, no worries on my end.

Back on topic, I don't like the narrow stripes either and I'm not thinking they'll grow on me.

Sounds like you're referring to the stripes on the SVT package 2011 GT500's. I will say the narrow stripes aren't for me but I wouldn't go so far as to call they retarded. I think Ford wanted to make a clear distinction between the SVT package Shelby's and Non-SVT Shelby's. Also from what I've been reading the smaller stripes do have some heritage, they were used on the GT40 back in the day. So I think everything has it's place but it's not always everyone's tastes.

What's important to me is Ford is listening to it's enthusiasts and brought used an Aluminum block, bump in horse power and glass roof option along with imporvements to the convertible and other revisons to an already amazing 2010 model IMO. I personally love the direction Ford is going with it's GT500, 2011 GT 5.0 and come on a V6 with 305 HP, that's awesome.

I'm excited to see what else Ford has in store in the future and what kind of model(s) they'll have to commemorate the 50th anniversy of America's Pony Car!!!

Well, FWIW to the poster, I have a son with Down syndrome and never thought twice about the "R" word. I guess I just don't see him that way in my eyes. Anyway, no worries on my end.

Back on topic, I don't like the narrow stripes either and I'm not thinking they'll grow on me.

All due respect, I too have a 4 year old w/ Downs and at 38 years old I have to stand up for him and all children w/ disabilities so let me help educate you and others if you dont feel its an issue… because I do along with millions of other people around the world.

I'm not looking to cause conflict or interrupt a conversation thats been beat all to hell about small/big stripes… I'm asking people to respect other people in general. I dont think its too much to ask for, do any of you? Appreciate all your support, as Im sure most of you have children other than our cars to look after.

http://www.specialolympics.org/spread-the-word-to-end-the-word.aspx

As already stated by some others here, the narrow stripes are there for brand identification between the standard GT500 and those 500's with the SVT package. I also thought that they looked odd initally, but after seeing them for the last few months, I have grown to like them now.

All due respect, I too have a 4 year old w/ Downs and at 38 years old I have to stand up for him and all children w/ disabilities so let me help educate you and others if you don’t feel it’s an issue… because I do along with millions of other people around the world.

I'm not looking to cause conflict or interrupt a conversation that’s been beat all to hell about small/big stripes… I'm asking people to respect other people in general. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for, do any of you? Appreciate all your support, as I’m sure most of you have children “other than our cars” to look after.

With all due respect, a word is a word, and if you let yourself be upset by any word uttered by another person that is your fault not the person using it. Thinking you or anyone else has control over "ending" the use of a word is naievety. The word retarded has evolved much like the word "gay" or "queer", to a point where noone even links their original meaning to their current cannotation. Sorry if I seem callous but I get sick of so many people trying to tell me and others what they can or cannot do it get's old fast. Living in a PC world is pointless. Better to teach people not to be insulted or affected by words than to try something as impossible as ending the use of the word altogether. I hope you take this the right (intended) way.

On topic to the post I thought the stripes on the 11 SVT package looked worse at first, but gradually came to like their subtleness more than the glaring larger stripes. (besides who wants more vinyl on their car?). As other's have pointed out, the stripes are the easiest way to identify a PP Shelby from a non PP Shelby. If I had a complaint about them it would be their color restrictions.

seriously, we are talking about stripes on a car, not words towards people.

so what is next when someone uses the actually use of the "R" towards a machine?

Here is straight from the defintion:

Automotive, Machinery . an adjustment made in the setting of the distributor of an internal-combustion engine so that the spark for ignition in each cylinder is generated later in the cycle.

here is my finally chant about the word "R", when i say the word its towards a situation (if u dont like that, then shouldnt gone off on that), i dont think about someone with disabilities, if someone had a disability, i dont even have that word cross my mind they are just another human being in my eyes.

so can we please get back to the topic at hand.

With all due respect, a word is a word, and if you let yourself be upset by any word uttered by another person that is your fault not the person using it. Thinking you or anyone else has control over "ending" the use of a word is naievety. The word retarded has evolved much like the word "gay" or "queer", to a point where noone even links their original meaning to their current cannotation. Sorry if I seem callous but I get sick of so many people trying to tell me and others what they can or cannot do it get's old fast. Living in a PC world is pointless. Better to teach people not to be insulted or affected by words than to try something as impossible as ending the use of the word altogether. I hope you take this the right (intended) way.

On topic to the post I thought the stripes on the 11 SVT package looked worse at first, but gradually came to like their subtleness more than the glaring larger stripes. (besides who wants more vinyl on their car?). As other's have pointed out, the stripes are the easiest way to identify a PP Shelby from a non PP Shelby. If I had a complaint about them it would be their color restrictions.

"A word is a word" the reason why today there is so much ignorance in the world. By no means do I let myself be upset by it, I just choose to speak out for those that can't. No offence taken, just speaking my mind...

MY BAD ALL - Sorry to interrupt members!! :finger:

All due respect, I too have a 4 year old w/ Downs and at 38 years old I have to stand up for him and all children w/ disabilities so let me help educate you and others if you don’t feel it’s an issue… because I do along with millions of other people around the world.

I'm not looking to cause conflict or interrupt a conversation that’s been beat all to hell about small/big stripes… I'm asking people to respect other people in general. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for, do any of you? Appreciate all your support, as I’m sure most of you have children “other than our cars” to look after.

Sounds like we're in the same boat so no education needed. I'm actually kind of shocked you'd think I need an education since I speak from experience as well. I'm 39 and my son is 4 too, so I live it everyday like you. He's awesome and I have fortunately had nothing but positive experiences and support accross the board from all walks of the community. I feel fortunate to be raising him in our era and not in the generation of our parents or grandparents. I'm surprised by the level of genuine respect we get toward him, and how warm and caring people generally tend to be. I hope your experiences mirror mine, and I hope you too see the positive in at least being as far along as we are today. Peace to you and your family.

BTW, still not digging those stripes!

:backtotopic:

It's my understanding that SVT had the GT40's in mind (as well as differentiating the SVT package). The stripe is very similar to the ones on the GT40's that won the 1966 LeMans

Ford explained the SVT GT 500 stripes at the formal unvailing of the '11 GT 500 on Feb 8, 2010. Go to Chapter 3 of the attached link.

http://www.fordmedialive.com/shelby/webcast.php?sesid=041XUXuiDG2uc

Mystery Solved!!

Sounds like we're in the same boat so no education needed. I'm actually kind of shocked you'd think I need an education since I speak from experience as well. I'm 39 and my son is 4 too, so I live it everyday like you. He's awesome and I have fortunately had nothing but positive experiences and support accross the board from all walks of the community. I feel fortunate to be raising him in our era and not in the generation of our parents or grandparents. I'm surprised by the level of genuine respect we get toward him, and how warm and caring people generally tend to be. I hope your experiences mirror mine, and I hope you too see the positive in at least being as far along as we are today. Peace to you and your family.

BTW, still not digging those stripes!

Same here... right back at you.

Personally, I love the SVT stripes, especially how they are outlined to set them apart from the lager stripes. I think it’s a great play by Ford.

ok, ok, we get it!!! Let it go, i'm sure he didn't mean it that way. If you feel so strongly about it go to write about it somewhere else, this is not the place!!!!

ok, ok, we get it!!! Let it go, i'm sure he didn't mean it that way. If you feel so strongly about it go to write about it somewhere else, this is not the place!!!!

I'll say what I want, when I want. So if you dont like it, dont respond! Move on.... :shift:

I'll say what I want, when I want. So if you dont like it, dont respond and try to keep up w/ curent posts!

It is interesting that you can " say what I want, when I want" but feel so free to admonish others. :)

personally i think its :nonono::nonono::headscratch::nonono::nonono:

Do you know that millions, perhaps billions, of people suffer every day from stupidity?

really, this is a joke. back to cars :)

"A word is a word" the reason why today there is so much ignorance in the world. By no means do I let myself be upset by it, I just choose to speak out for those that can't. No offence taken, just speaking my mind...

MY BAD ALL - Sorry to interrupt members!! :finger:

tom--no apology needed--as my least favorite politiican always says "words have to have meaning", there not just words.Tom have you posted pics yet of your car--id love to see them----bob

tom--no apology needed--as my least favorite politiican always says "words have to have meaning", there not just words.Tom have you posted pics yet of your car--id love to see them----bob

Thank you for understanding, my point exactly...

I did post a few on the 2010 pictures thread, but here is another one. Every time I open my garage, I get this HUGE grin!

Tim "not Tom" :)

post-28049-127301129502_thumb.jpg

post-28049-127301129502_thumb.jpg

Thank you for understanding, my point exactly...

I did post a few on the 2010 pictures thread, but here is another one. Every time I open my garage, I get this HUGE grin!

Tim "not Tom" :)

congrats--great looking car--is it running well??many top down days in Ma??being red, guess that makes you a Red Sox fan--

congrats--great looking car--is it running well??many top down days in Ma??being red, guess that makes you a Red Sox fan--

Thanks! Right back at you! So far so good, I've only put about 75 miles on it since delivery last week. I put a Corsa sport exhaust on it over the weekend along w/ the JLT intake and filter, I plan to get it out this weekend and enjoy it "top down of course!" Big Red Sox fan! :)

There are an infinite number of words with an infinite number of meanings. There is always an intent and a perception, and each is invisible to the party on the opposite end of the word.

Only you can give a word power over you. If I ever had a child (normal or "Special needs") that is what I'd teach him. There is nothing ignorant in understanding we can only have control of ourselves. Eliminating hurtful words may be a noble cause, but it is an ultimately futile one. Better to spend the time and effort or protect those you can with reason.

Archived