TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB- GT500KR CLUTCH ISSUE

Hello,

I have a 2008 GT500KR and will be taking it into the dealer for the TSB on the Clutch, I have a great relationship with my dealer as we are good friends, and he will go the extra mile for me and my car as he handled it with kit gloves when it arrived.

It has 178 miles on it and is experiencing issues going into/out of gear, I simply need to know what the proper replacements parts for it are as I have been reading mixed reviews on this repair, thank you as your help is greatly apprieciated as this car means the word to me,.

I also have a great relationship with Ford Motor Company so getting the proper repair and parts should not be any issues I just need to make sure what they order is the best for the car. They even delivered the car to my home for me instead of the dealership, Ford and Shelby are outstanding to work with.

Thank you very much

Hello,

I have a 2008 GT500KR and will be taking it into the dealer for the TSB on the Clutch, I have a great relationship with my dealer as we are good friends, and he will go the extra mile for me and my car as he handled it with kit gloves when it arrived.

It has 178 miles on it and is experiencing issues going into/out of gear, I simply need to know what the proper replacements parts for it are as I have been reading mixed reviews on this repair, thank you as your help is greatly apprieciated as this car means the word to me,.

I also have a great relationship with Ford Motor Company so getting the proper repair and parts should not be any issues I just need to make sure what they order is the best for the car. They even delivered the car to my home for me instead of the dealership, Ford and Shelby are outstanding to work with.

Thank you very much

All the parts are listed in the latest and greatest TSB 10-3-8 . Your dealer will enter your VIN into the system called OASIS and the current TSB 10-3-8 will be available to them. A complete parts list will be on TSB 10-3-8 . You will not have to worry about that at all.

All the parts are listed in the latest and greatest TSB 10-3-8 . Your dealer will enter your VIN into the system called OASIS and the current TSB 10-3-8 will be available to them. A complete parts list will be on TSB 10-3-8 . You will not have to worry about that at all.

Thank you for the response, is this a very labor intensive proceedure as I'm worried about any issues occurring to the car while in for the repair, in other words does it take a special mechanic to handle this repair of is it somewhat mondane to install.

I have been readin horror stories about this repair in regards to the wrong parts going into it as such, what an amazing car the KR is I drove a 2010 GT500 and it almost seems to be the same car in handling and power aspects?

Thank you for the response, is this a very labor intensive proceedure as I'm worried about any issues occurring to the car while in for the repair, in other words does it take a special mechanic to handle this repair of is it somewhat mondane to install.

I have been readin horror stories about this repair in regards to the wrong parts going into it as such, what an amazing car the KR is I drove a 2010 GT500 and it almost seems to be the same car in handling and power aspects?

Request that a Senior Master Tech that is certified in Transmissions and Clutchs do the work. He will do a simple test to check your syncros in your transmission. If the syncros check out, then he will not touch the tranny and just do the clutch and flywheel and pilot bearing and CSC (concentric Slave cylinder). If this is the case, then it is a 4 hour job for a top notch master Tech. I watched mine do the work and it took him 4 hours total. He was a real pro. If the tranny needs to be rebuilt, it takes special tools and they will need the car over night. It takes a tranny tech to break into the tranny. Don't let a tech that has not done several GT500's touch your tranny period!!

Request that a Senior Master Tech that is certified in Transmissions and Clutchs do the work. He will do a simple test to check your syncros in your transmission. If the syncros check out, then he will not touch the tranny and just do the clutch and flywheel and pilot bearing and CSC (concentric Slave cylinder). If this is the case, then it is a 4 hour job for a top notch master Tech. I watched mine do the work and it took him 4 hours total. He was a real pro. If the tranny needs to be rebuilt, it takes special tools and they will need the car over night. It takes a tranny tech to break into the tranny. Don't let a tech that has not done several GT500's touch your tranny period!!

Spke to the dealer today, he stated that the replacement is not of the same race quality as the orig., the orig was made for racing and the new one is softer and lighter on the pedal for daily driving,?

Spke to the dealer today, he stated that the replacement is not of the same race quality as the orig., the orig was made for racing and the new one is softer and lighter on the pedal for daily driving,?

The new 2010 clutch has Organic pads. He is correct that it is easier for some to drive. It's a strong clutch.

Archived