TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dodge Rampage

• 2 months later...

There was a California Shelby Rampage or Direct Connection Rampage how ever you name it.

http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3955&g2_serialNumber=1

"We are going to do a Rampage or a Shelby Street-Fighter version of the Rampage. That is the first thing we are going to do."

- Carroll Shelby, Car Exchange Magazine, 1983

It is thought of to be the first Shelby Dodge before Shelby was a manufacture. I hope some one finds an origanal window sticker from one of these trucks some day. My self I own one of the 200+ built trucks, an origanal with the 15" tire call out on the door. Would have been nice to buy one with a 5 speed or auto in 85 with a turbo.

Well that is a JY queen, since it's a 4 headlight nose it can't be the California Shelby Rampage. The hoodscoop and side scoops are off an 82-83 Rampage 2.2 and the CS and Turbo Z emblems are from a Daytona. Also notice the side skirts are too short so they are from a Charger since the Rampage wheelbase is slightly longer than a Charger.

Below is a pic of an 84 Rampage Cali Shelby.

7320540485_medium.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

They made a total of 218 Direct Connection Rampages in 1984,only for the California market.

They all have special factory option codes,and also have a 205 50 15 tire size sticker inside the door jam.

Chrysler did not want to pay the shelby licensing fees for a dead model,so the trucks were done up without the shelby decals.

Direct Connection decals were used in place of shelby.

The official name of is " California Direct Connection Rampage"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Canada had it's own "Direct Connection" Rampage in 83, with number totaling a little over 200. I believe they had the H.O 2.2, along with roof spoiler, graphics etc. There was a pic of Shelby beside one....in one of the Mopar performance catelogues from the 80s I believe.

I think we need to inject a little more info in this thread, so here goes.

For the 1984 U.S spec "ZH28" D.C Rampages

AEAA01 - "EXTERIOR APPEARANCE PACKAGE - SHELBY" [Read: Shelby upper front grille and lower spoiler].

KPPF41 - "STRIPES & DECALS DIRECT CONN." [Read: Shelby beltline and lower strips as well as "Direct Connection" windshield decal].

ZTDA06 - "DIRECT CONN. INSTL. BULK PARTS" [Read: Direct Connection side ground effects].

DLDA01 - "TRANSAXLE - 5 SPEED - 2.78 O.T" [Read: Close-ratio 5-speed transmission. This is the same unit used on the Shelby Charger and Omni GLH].

NT9A01 - "ACCELERATOR PEDAL - SHELBY".

WJCA01 - 15x6.00 CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS [Read: "Pizza" wheels, which were also used on 1984 Shelby Charger].

LMAA21 - "SINGLE HALOGEN HEADLAMP SYSTEM".

NEBA01 - "PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM".

CUAA01 - "CENTER ARM REST AND CONSOLE".

MRAA01 - "DELETE WHEEL LIP MOULDINGS".

SBAA01 - "POWER STRG. - FAST RATIO" (Read: Quick-ratio power steering. This is the same unit used on the Shelby Charger and Omni GLH).

ZW9E01 - "SPECIAL GVWR OF 3350 LBS"

For the 248 Canadian Spec "Special Order" 1983 D.C Rampages, visual differences were much like the US. Spec DCs, only with a few things added, and a few taken away. Standard features include:

"EXTERIOR GROUND EFFECTS PACKAGE" ZTDA06

"Direct Connection front airdam"

"Body-side molding delete"

"Fender vent appliqués"

"Roof-mount spoiler"

"Sport hood scoop - black"

"DC Performance Chrome Valve Cover"

"Road wheels - 13x5 steel"

"Dual Remote mirrors"

"Bed Tonneau Cover - Hard shelled style, with ribbed design and integrated spoiler - Black"

"Stripe package, with 'Direct Connection' logo, and bodyside stripe" (could be deleted upon request)

29920970003_large.jpg

38033850006_large.jpg

24215750011_large.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived