TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car lift?

cwilder

I need to find a single car lift and was wondering of any of you guys have recommendations? I may park the shelby underneath and just use the lift for storing a jet ski but I want to be able to lift the shelby as well. I have no idea about lifts so any input would be welcome. pics would be a plus.

Thanks,

CW

Check out -

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53434-car-lifts/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55457-looking-for-1-and-2-post-car-lift-recommendations/

You can also do a search on "car lifts". Include the quotes, it helps, although the search function doesn't always work the way I expect...

I need to find a single car lift and was wondering of any of you guys have recommendations? I may park the shelby underneath and just use the lift for storing a jet ski but I want to be able to lift the shelby as well. I have no idea about lifts so any input would be welcome. pics would be a plus.

Thanks,

CW

Look at Bendpak lifts from www.gesusa.com. They have better prices than almost anyone. Bendpak is a quality lifts used by a number of members. Look at most photos of the Shelby garage and you will see Bendpak lifts.

Thanks,

CW

Here is a link to one I just installed at my house

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54908-new-garage-toy/

I looked at a bunch of venders at Barrett-Jackson and liked this one for price and features. Had it a few years and no issues.

R-Top Lift

Hope this helps.

Picture11-30-07024.jpg

Your garage looks sweet! Good luck with your brake install.

I wish I had a garage like that. Here is mine. Two Shelbys squeezed in. Well I am lucky to have a two car garage as in my country you won't see that much. People over here think that cars are a way of transport from A to B. Now is that stupid? Not for fun anymore.

Here is my garage. Notice the flag half way down. May 4, Rememberance day war casualties. Tomorrow Liberation day, thanks to all Canucks and US in 1945.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

129_2960.jpg

129_2962.jpg

129_2963.jpg

129_2964.jpg

129_2965.jpg

I wish I had a garage like that. Here is mine. Two Shelbys squeezed in. Well I am lucky to have a two car garage as in my country you won't see that much. People over here think that cars are a way of transport from A to B. Now is that stupid? Not for fun anymore.

Here is my garage. Notice the flag half way down. May 4, Rememberance day war casualties. Tomorrow Liberation day, thanks to all Canucks and US in 1945.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

129_2960.jpg

129_2962.jpg

129_2963.jpg

129_2964.jpg

129_2965.jpg

Nice Garage. It must really be something for people to see two Shelbys in your garage over there. Bet it causes alot of conversations. It had not dawned on me but I do not remember there being alot of garages in photos of homes over there.

I remember doing work in a very small garage. Sometimes we forget how spoiled we are!

Looks great Dutch! I can definitely say I have done plenty of work in a small garage. My fathers garage when I was a teen had dirt floors. Man that was not so fun.

I ended up getting a Bendpak lift from asedeals.com. It has worked great. Only way to change the oil.

P1000568.jpg

I like the stripes in the floor. I made the design myself. Two parking spots with Le Mans stripes in the middle.

You bet everybody talks about the cars. Today I was washing my car and two guys came up. Wow, a Shelby GT500. And a Shelby race car (Terlingua). And when I tell it packs about 700 horses they faint. My neighbours Carrera 4 with the 320 hp engine is soo slow.

Bend Pak, Rotary, & Challenger all make good lifts. I found one on ebay that was in Terlingua colors and was cheap. It is what is in my shop now.

I went with two Backyard Buddy lifts. Four posters in two lengths (One to fit a Silverado extended truck). They do not require to be bolted down to the floor. They are made from four sided HD steel post. Easy to move around if needed. Pricey, but worth the extra insurance, and they won't collapse. Right now one has the '65 2+2 on top, and a '66 GT40MKII under it. That is what I mean about the extra assurance it won't fall because one side opened up and collapsed.

post-13173-127317077484_thumb.jpg

post-13173-127317077484_thumb.jpg

I went with two Backyard Buddy lifts. Four posters in two lengths (One to fit a Silverado extended truck). They do not require to be bolted down to the floor. They are made from four sided HD steel post. Easy to move around if needed. Pricey, but worth the extra insurance, and they won't collapse. Right now one has the '65 2+2 on top, and a '66 GT40MKII under it. That is what I mean about the extra assurance it won't fall because one side opened up and collapsed.

Thats a sweet garage also. what is your ceiling height ? Is there a minimum height for these types of lifts ?

Nice Cars!!!!!!!

Nice garage!!!!!

Is it too late for you to adopt me..................... :dance:

Archived