TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brenspeed Detroit Rockers

I haven't seen these camshafts mentioned, but maybe I missed it. I did a search but didn't find it. Anyway, these look like a good horsepower value. According to Brenspeed they will add 26 to 34 hp I think (the description was a little confusing to me), along w/ a great sound.

I wonder, though, what they would do for emissions - would one still pass the test? :headscratch:

http://www.brenspeed.com/detroit3vna.html

I haven't seen these camshafts mentioned, but maybe I missed it. I did a search but didn't find it. Anyway, these look like a good horsepower value. According to Brenspeed they will add 26 to 34 hp I think (the description was a little confusing to me), along w/ a great sound.

I wonder, though, what they would do for emissions - would one still pass the test? :headscratch:

http://www.brenspeed.com/detroit3vna.html

Sounds good Ilmor.........I like em too.

this forum has some information on them. http://s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33611

Wow, they sound like a great purchase. I'm still wondering, however, how they would effect emissions test results. I'm nowhere near ready to buy these, but I might email Brenspeed to ask.

edit - I emailed them today.

I received a response from Brenspeed....

"You should be able to pass emissions as long as you are still running cats.

We have a lot of people running may of our camshafts in CT with no problems."

Edit - I would think that these cams, coupled with the new Ford Racing intake, some shorties and pulleys and a Brenspeed tune would make for quite a nice package.

I received a response from Brenspeed....

"You should be able to pass emissions as long as you are still running cats.

We have a lot of people running may of our camshafts in CT with no problems."

Edit - I would think that these cams, coupled with the new Ford Racing intake, some shorties and pulleys and a Brenspeed tune would make for quite a nice package.

Ilmor-I live very close to Brenspeed. I'm looking at Kooks LT headers/catted x, FR intake, cams, tune. If I get done before you do, I'll send you some numbers.

Ilmor-I live very close to Brenspeed. I'm looking at Kooks LT headers/catted x, FR intake, cams, tune. If I get done before you do, I'll send you some numbers.

Unless you're years away from getting this done, you'll beat me to it by a long shot!! :hysterical: I'm lucky to get one component per year. I am anxious to see your results, though. I imagine its going to be impressive.

Unless you're years away from getting this done, you'll beat me to it by a long shot!! :hysterical: I'm lucky to get one component per year. I am anxious to see your results, though. I imagine its going to be impressive.

Since you've gotten that hi-temp brake fluid mod out of the way, lol you should be ready for the next big step ilmor. Ken.

Since you've gotten that hi-temp brake fluid mod out of the way, lol you should be ready for the next big step ilmor. Ken.

You haven't noticed my latest suspension mods?? See my sig!! I'm trying!!!

I may do 4:10's next...everyone seems to think that's the biggest bang for the buck. I can get them installed for next to nothing.

Archived