TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC Engine OIL

springer

Thought I'd check to see what weight engine oil everyone is using with their GT/SC cars. Ford recommends 5w 20 on the stock engines. I haven't found anything in the Whipple manual regarding the recommended engine oil specifications for the supercharged SGT's. I've been looking at Mobile 1 5w 30 and wanted to see what others are using in the engine. Thanks in advance.

Royal Purple, that's great oil too. I've used it in the Harleys for years. Why not the 5w 50 like the GT 500's? It gets a little warm here in the summer.

iUSE THE 5W20 MOBIL 1. With close tolerances these cars can now use much thinner oil than what was used a few short years ago.I 'm sure you could use a little thicker oil in the summer but i change oil only once a year so i prefer the 5w20 on account it disburses the oil more quickly than the thicker oils.

I'm using Castrol Edge 5w-30 although I have really heard a lot of good things about Pennzoil Ultra. I've heard it's in a class of it's own. But that was from a buddy that works there - although he is in the oil research lab - not sales. I might switch to that.

I use Ford 5-20w synthetic bulk oil at the dealership with a FRPP oil filter. Not because the stock filter is bad but because the FRPP filter housing is thicker and doesnt puncture as easily during racing road or drag.

Motorcraft full synthetic 5W20

Ditto Here on the Motorcraft full synthetic 5W20. I used the standard Motorcraft 5W20 and when I installed the whipple I went full synthetic. Good so far. I still change the oil every 3K and use the motrcraft ford racing oil filter.

-Billy

5-30 Royal Purple for quite awhile. Many track miles on the car, driven daily in Vegas. I have noticed a 2 MPG increase with the Mobil 1. Not that I care about that :hysterical: Also use a K&N filiter. Just changed and switched to Mobil 1 5-30 for comparison.

Roger

Archived