TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drivers Side WIndow 2010 GT500

ScotFord

Hey guys,,, been noticing lately an air leak in the drivers side window at cruising speed.... 120k and over.... was wondering with these automatic windows that open and shut everytime you open and close the doors that there is a setting that is out to close the window all the way.....??? I have tried opening and reclosing window and not change.... Any thoughts???

Here is the procedure for re-initialization of the glass.

GENERAL PROCEDURES

Window Motor Initialization De-initialization

NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the 1. The motor can be de-initialized in 2 ways:

full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of • Disconnect the battery cable from the

the glass as it travels through the glass channel. battery while the window is operating.

Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled. The • Remove the window motor fuse while the

convertible rear window motors do NOT need to window is operating.

be initialized as they do not have one-touch up or

one-touch down functions. 2. After the motor has been de-initialized,

NOTE: The LH or RH front window motor must reconnect/reinstall the battery cable or fuse and

be de-initialized, then initialized whenever the front carry out the initialization procedure.

window motor is removed from the window Initialization

regulator, a new window regulator and motor is

installed, a new window glass is installed or for any

operation in which grease or lubricants are applied WARNING: Keep objects and body parts

to the window regulator or glass run. clear of the glass panel when carrying out the

initialization procedure. During the initialization

NOTE: A new (original factory setting) or procedure, the glass panel closes with high force

de-initialized LH or RH front window motor may and cannot detect objects in its path. Failure to

allow one-touch down operation, but will not follow this instruction may result in serious

operate in one-touch up mode until initialized. If a personal injury.

new LH or RH front window motor has been

installed, proceed to the initialization procedure. NOTE: If this procedure is only partially

completed, the front window motor remains

NOTE: If diagnosing a LH or RH front window non-initialized and may allow one-touch down

switch problem, perform the window initialization operation, but does NOT allow one-touch up

procedure before replacing the window switch. operation.

NOTE: All front window components (window NOTE: The door MUST be closed during this

glass, window regulator, window motor and glass procedure (for convertibles, the top and quarter

top run) must be installed/tightened and adjusted to glass must be in the CLOSED and UP position) in

specification before carrying out this procedure. order for the door window motor to initialize.

NOTE: Excessive bounce-back (window reverses NOTE: The windows must be in the full OPEN

direction with no obstructions present) may indicate position for this procedure to operate correctly.

that a de-initialization procedure may need to be

performed. 3. Press and hold the window control switch in the

UP position at the second detent until the

NOTE: A battery disconnect does not require this window glass stalls into the glass top run for at

procedure to be carried out unless the battery was least 2 seconds.

disconnected while the window was operating.

4. Once the top run is reached, hold the window

NOTE: The motor will only operate in the 9-16 control switch in the DOWN position at the

volt range. If the voltage drops below 9 volts, the second detent until the window glass stalls at

window will not function correctly or may stop the bottom of its travel for at least 2 seconds.

moving. If the voltage drops below 9 volts while

the motor is operating, the motor will become 5. Cycle the window glass up and down once

de-initialized and will need to be initialized. more to set the window soft stop for the

DOWN position

Hey guys,,, been noticing lately an air leak in the drivers side window at cruising speed.... 120k and over.... was wondering with these automatic windows that open and shut everytime you open and close the doors that there is a setting that is out to close the window all the way.....??? I have tried opening and reclosing window and not change.... Any thoughts???

Are you hearing wind noise or what is the issue with the leak?

I've had a wind whistling on my 07 since day one, usually as soon as I bring it over 80mph. Been driving me nuts. Your Post made me rethink my issue, as it could be the window needing adjustment? :headscratch:

DID THE FACTORY RECALIBRATION FROM MAUNAL AND TAKER HER OUT TODAY WILL TRY AND LET YA KNOW IF IT WORKED!!!

WELL FACTORY RECALIBRATION OF WINDOW DID NOT WORK SO,,, GUESS ITS A STOP A DEALER LET THEM CHECK IT OUT!!!

THANKS FOR THE HELP ALL!!!!

It was nice of Rag Top Day to post the instructions, but after hearing from a friend with a Corvette the process you have to go thru I figured going to the dealer would be easier.

Please let us know what you find out incase the rest of us might have a simlar issue in the future.

It was nice of Rag Top Day to post the instructions, but after hearing from a friend with a Corvette the process you have to go thru I figured going to the dealer would be easier.

Please let us know what you find out incase the rest of us might have a simlar issue in the future.

Have Her Booked In for next week I sure well post my findings on here!!!

Archived