TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Heated Seats in the 2011 GT500?

F150 Duke

All,

I'm sure many of you have already seen the pictures of one of the first 2011 GT500s to hit dealer lots in the modularfords website.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1560492#post1560492

Looking at the pictures in detail, it appears there in fact won't be heated seats as previously thought in the 2011 GT500. Vehicles at the car shows had the heated seat buttons installed in the center stack where it is for the regular Mustang GT. Then many of us recieved feedback from the Ford reps at the auto shows that the '11 GT500 would in fact have the heated seats.

Well it appears it won't....thanks for the disappointment Ford.

Not that the customer should have to take it on...just like the power seat back and power seat bottom for the passengers side....but I have to imagine the stock GT heated seat button would fit perfectly in the blank on the GT500 center stack. It would just be a matter of seeing if the wiring is there to the seat already, and then taking off the seat cover to install the heat pads. I have to imagine they cost a fortune through Ford though for parts.

I wonder if there is a risk to the alcatar as a possible reason for not applying heat. Or they're just being cheap to increase margin on the GT500.

here is a few how bouts

the sticker on the drivers side door jam " do not operate below 40 F" why would I need heated seats above 40F?

you just purchase a 500 HP car for under 6 figures - be thankful you have a passenger seat at that price

Just my 2 cents

here is a few how bouts

the sticker on the drivers side door jam " do not operate below 40 F" why would I need heated seats above 40F?

you just purchase a 500 HP car for under 6 figures - be thankful you have a passenger seat at that price

Just my 2 cents

CTS-V has 556HP and is $65k. Want me to mention its interior features?

here is a few how bouts

Just my 2 cents

Thats surprising coming from someone who lives in an area that never gets warm (as someone who grew up in BC, I can make that statement), actually, Victoria is quite mild, but once you have those on with your top down in the spring or fall...you'll say, how'd I ever live without those. I retro-fitted mine in, see anothter post in this thread...

Plus with my bad back, those really do wonders and make ME much more comfortable. EVERY one of our cars have them.

My wife used to have a 2004 Range Rover HSE, and it even had a heated steering wheel....talk about comfort....

Don't forget that it has a Curb Weight of 4222. No thx!

I have a convertible on the way and I still don't see the need or want for heated seats.

It could also have to do with power as well don't forget. Anyone wonder why the Shaker1000 is not available with the SVT package? Don't understand that unless it has to do with the alternator or something.

Living in MN where is can be 50 in the morning on a nice warm summer day...heated seats are welcome in a vert for my Florida blood....to each his own.

Full power seats....there isn't an execuse here, it's just cheaper for Ford.

These two things are really making me lean towards ordering a loaded Mustang GT in white and then having it sent to SAI for the GT350 package. Then I have Shelby folk lore, GT500 power and agility, along with creature comforts that should come in a car with a price tag in the $50-$60k range.

sure

want me to mention how many tax dollars on both sides of the boarder it take to buy that at 65K

sure

want me to mention how many tax dollars on both sides of the boarder it take to buy that at 65K

The car was released before any of the bailouts. If you want to change the subject when a valid point is made fine.

My point is, while the car is awesome, it still needs to be a little bit nicer inside for the price. It is almost there.

The car was released before any of the bailouts. If you want to change the subject when a valid point is made fine.

My point is, while the car is awesome, it still needs to be a little bit nicer inside for the price. It is almost there.

from what I can find http://www.propublica.org/special/government-bailouts seems the bailout started September 2008

the 556hp cts v was an 09 that would of been what Sept of 08 for a release date

don't know if I could make the call of who was first :headscratch:

Thats surprising coming from someone who lives in an area that never gets warm (as someone who grew up in BC, I can make that statement), actually, Victoria is quite mild, but once you have those on with your top down in the spring or fall...you'll say, how'd I ever live without those. I retro-fitted mine in, see anothter post in this thread...

Plus with my bad back, those really do wonders and make ME much more comfortable. EVERY one of our cars have them.

My wife used to have a 2004 Range Rover HSE, and it even had a heated steering wheel....talk about comfort....

You're right about the post in the other thread. You posted your retro-fit in the thread I created.

here's a shortcut to it.

Shortcut to thread

Don't forget that it has a Curb Weight of 4222. No thx!

I have a convertible on the way and I still don't see the need or want for heated seats.

It could also have to do with power as well don't forget. Anyone wonder why the Shaker1000 is not available with the SVT package? Don't understand that unless it has to do with the alternator or something.

Yea...but a 0-60 anywhere from 3.9 to 4.1, and quarter mile in the low 12's sure is nice for a sedan!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All,

I'm sure many of you have already seen the pictures of one of the first 2011 GT500s to hit dealer lots in the modularfords website.

http://www.modularfo...492#post1560492

Looking at the pictures in detail, it appears there in fact won't be heated seats as previously thought in the 2011 GT500. Vehicles at the car shows had the heated seat buttons installed in the center stack where it is for the regular Mustang GT. Then many of us recieved feedback from the Ford reps at the auto shows that the '11 GT500 would in fact have the heated seats.

Well it appears it won't....thanks for the disappointment Ford.

Not that the customer should have to take it on...just like the power seat back and power seat bottom for the passengers side....but I have to imagine the stock GT heated seat button would fit perfectly in the blank on the GT500 center stack. It would just be a matter of seeing if the wiring is there to the seat already, and then taking off the seat cover to install the heat pads. I have to imagine they cost a fortune through Ford though for parts.

I wonder if there is a risk to the alcatar as a possible reason for not applying heat. Or they're just being cheap to increase margin on the GT500.

Here in Michigan, the state of more 2011 GT500 convertibles than any other state, heated seats would be of use when we tough guys are doing top down at 45 degrees.

Archived