TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does the LV Mod Shop Still Exist

clark17357

I was supposed to send my car to the LV Mod Shop to have a number of things done to it, including the Revan Racing cooling package. I had to wait for parts for the cooling package and, in the meantime, we learned that Bud was gone from SAI. Bud being gone was enough to convince me that I did not want to send my car to LV so I had the work done locally.

Bud was always the head of the Mod Shop. So,with him no longer there, it does bring up the question of whether the Mod Shop continues to exist and, if it exists, who is running it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim

True, the lack of information coming out of SA is sad. Bud was a GREAT customer service person and will be missed for sure.

SA, how about some information on who is doing what there and what is going on??? The lack of information is causing people to take their business elsewhere....

Carl

True, the lack of information coming out of SA is sad. Bud was a GREAT customer service person and will be missed for sure.

SA, how about some information on who is doing what there and what is going on??? The lack of information is causing people to take their business elsewhere....

Carl

I agree Carl. Bud was a big help in getting me the parts to get my Shelby GT fixed here in Canada. His customer service and personal interest in helping me get my car repaired was top notch. A true gentleman and pleasure to deal with. He will be missed if he is no longer involved in these cars.

Scott

I was supposed to send my car to the LV Mod Shop to have a number of things done to it, including the Revan Racing cooling package. I had to wait for parts for the cooling package and, in the meantime, we learned that Bud was gone from SAI. Bud being gone was enough to convince me that I did not want to send my car to LV so I had the work done locally.

Bud was always the head of the Mod Shop. So,with him no longer there, it does bring up the question of whether the Mod Shop continues to exist and, if it exists, who is running it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim

wow Jim, you have been a strong voice for the LV mod shop. What about Roger? he has been a help in the past.

Bud has always taken care of issues that has come up with my SS and 40th. Did it fast and did it correct........that my Shelby brothers is perfect customer service.

As a matter of fact, Bud is directly responsible for me purchasing the 40th and Cobra. That's right Bud, Marji knows who to blame :hysterical::hysterical:.

wow Jim, you have been a strong voice for the LV mod shop. What about Roger? he has been a help in the past.

Roger will probably be able to answer a lot of questions when he returns from vacation. I know Roger does a lot of things around there, but I do not think he would be running the Mod Shop. But he is probably the best source to fill us in when he returns. I'm sure he will have no more than 1 or 2 e-mails waiting for him when he gets back. :hysterical:

Jim

I might have SC'd my car myself, except that Bud was such a normal non-ego guy when I made my first contact to SA in Oct 07. Missed for sure...so what is the answer to the question?

I come to LV almost everyyear and had planned to have a few bits added...

To the best of my knowledge the Mod Shop has always been run by Gary Davis, not Bud. Bud was the interface between the MS and the customers. My best guess is that Roger is the point person since Bud was working under him the last time I checked.

However, I'm still going back to my original statement: be patient for a couple of weeks while the new boss figures out who is doing and what.

AJ

Yes, Bestia27 is correct. Gary Davis has always been in charge of the mod shop and still is. Bud's title (in the begining anyway) was mod shop supervisor. The mod shop is still alive and Gary is running it.

Bud is an awesome man, and his departure will be a significant loss to SA, IMO.

In a related subjuect, I spoke to Roger today....he is back from his trip but still on vacation.......back to work beginning of next week........ :happy feet: :happy feet:

That's very good news. With all the speculation lately, I was starting to worry that Roger had departed too. Glad to hear he's just on vacation.

The Speedshop is open I was over there taking photos today for the newsletter that we are reinstating in the next couple of months. The Speedshop has had a soft opening. We will be doing a bigger release soon about it. People where so excited to get there cars in the shop that they had the cars out side before the walls where even finished being built.

If any one is interested or has any questions the speedshop has a direct number

1-702-942-1719

We will have lots more information coming in the next couple of weeks about this and many other new things going on.

I was at the modification center today watch them put some engines to the grind - very cool.

The center is actually being totally renovated, so there isn't a customer "store" side yet.

Agreed - Shelby has been bad about getting information to customers - that WILL change.

I was at the modification center today watch them put some engines to the grind - very cool.

The center is actually being totally renovated, so there isn't a customer "store" side yet.

Agreed - Shelby has been bad about getting information to customers - that WILL change.

Thanks Robert and Sharon,

Glad you guys and Roger are still around ....:)

Archived