TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crimson II is Finally HOME!

TwinTurboBoss

I must have been asleep for last several months... First I've heard of a NAV system option...

When did Ford add it? How much?

My dealer told me about it last October and I think it was $1,900 bucks. If you get it, then the Shaker 1000 is not an option.

I must have been asleep for last several months... First I've heard of a NAV system option...

When did Ford add it? How much?

My cost was around 1850.00 List is 1995.00

On my car there was a 3,848.52 markup from invoice to msrp

Although I have not actually taken a trip with car i have spent quite a few hours messing with the NAV and unit in general.

Had I known the cost when I made order I would not have purchased it. But now that I have it and have gotten to see what its all about I would not hesitate in getting it again. Its that good!

They became avail for order Nov 1st as order code 58X. Order was for Job2 cars built from Dec 5th or 6th (forgot exact)

Figures that yesterday and today were supposed to be clear days but the FOG is so thick everything is wet like it was raining.

If the fog breaks up I may take a little drive later this afternoon. Not sure whats worse the PSDS or the HSCD syndrome.

I think I'd I'd rather have have the Shaker 1000 system than the Nav system. That way I can listen to my music really loud while I'm trying to figure where I'm going.

The Nav is great because it will allow much more driving time. This unit is so much faster than my Garmin unit its unreal. You cannot type in a wrong address or even phone number. It knows pretty much each exact address in country inc HI and AK. How? I dunno'

Need a cup of coffee, or your tire store for a fresh set of rubber just start to type and it will find it for you along with phone number and address.

Need to find the fastest food in country? Thats easy. So far Wendy's is by far the fastest food on the planet according to Shelby.

Stop at Wendy's then just hammer it until you hit 172 :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

The touch screen is for all radio functions too. Not just the Nav portion. Makes all radio functions much easier to see, adjust etc

Need to change the amt of automatic radio volume increase when cruising at 160? yup' can do

Need to change speakers depending on how many people in car and from what position? Y

Need to keep important phone and addresses very handy? Y

Need to keep them all where only you can access them? Y

Want to know which song is playing and who is doin' the singing? Y

Convinced yet? I hope not then when cars are 40yrs old and some one asks what a Nav system is then asks if it was before the 8track or after you will be able to tell them. You will not be able to show them because it will no longer work :hysterical2::hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

Field Svc Engineer came to my home to inspect my car for its paint problems this morning. Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this issue.

This engineer will contact the plant along with........ (no proof so will not mention) lol. This may help insure next in line Shelby quality is up to par and maybe a few improvements?

So if you happen to be one of those people waiting for your car and it helps a problem to be spotted and corrected prior to leaving plant you will be much farther ahead. The wait will have that much more meaning than not wanting to keep the car or to have to send it back to a unknown body shop for paint or other fitment issues. Every thing will be corrected prior to leaving plant. Many of these cars were acceptable to people buying them but a few nit-pick items raised concern. Lets hope AAI can get it together and correct these issues prior to leaving plant.

Other issues of concern among SU members were also discussed. Lets hope they get corrected. I will only mention one of these issues at this time and thats the concern about the paint on bottom side of hood above EGR valve. (paint blisters etc)

Now that FoMoCo has one of their own field service engineers inspect these issues first hand I have faith FoMo & I can come to an agreement on what needs to be done about my cars issues.

Again I did not come here to knock the Shelby in general in the past but just to point out my car has issues that to me were not acceptable. The engineer did mention he understood why I had concern. Its not up to him to make any decisions he will just report his findings to FoMoCo.

As in another post I made an apology to anyone I had offended with any comments I have made in past. Not sure if it was seen but here again would like to make same apology to anyone I may have offended.

Something else has come up as of yesterday that will put a big damper in my extra time. As in past few days will have very little time to spend on SU. take care!

TTB,

Your meeting with the Ford Engineer will help many future buyers get trouble free cars. I want to thank you for that effort you have done. You have helped many here on this site, and that is a huge positive in my mind. I hope everything works out for you and your family. I understand how frustrated you must be. Thanks for setting the record straight. Keep us posted on your car.

Field Svc Engineer came to my home to inspect my car for its paint problems this morning. Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this issue.

Something else has come up as of yesterday that will put a big damper in my extra time. As in past few days will have very little time to spend on SU. take care!

Thanks TTB, and good luck. Hopefully you'll be back on in the future, and can update us on the paint issues and your car specifically.

Dave

TTB,

I found you a pretty good deal on the Birdie Poop Cleaner. Since the Birthday cake has Featherlax in it, I knew you would need it since those birdies are nesting in your shop rafters inbetween missions.

This bulk deal will save you some cash.

:idea:

http://www.petspillscleanups.com/site/1437112/product/1150

Archived