TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake panhard bar

I need to order my panhard bar and ran across this while searching for the best price.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-suspension-panhard-bars-and-braces-shelby-performance-c-2052_2149_2156_7801/shelby-performance-05-10-mustang-adj-panhard-bar-race-p-30274

Does anybody have this? Is this a rebadged Maximum Motorsports panhard bar? I see Shelby is doing this with MM Camber/Caster Plates, so I was thinking this might be MM piece also. Sent email to Lethal asking this and got no response. I figured someone here would know.

I found this post in the GT500 tech forum.

I wonder if that is just a "CS SHELBY" sticker.

Also, is this the same panhard bar that Shelby puts on the Super Snake package?

Does anybody know?

Does anybody know?

That is a different panhard bar than what I have on my SS.

Does anybody know?

I believe the Super Snake panhard bar is a Granatelli bar. My take-off bar is in a Granatelli box.

It may be this one?..........................

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/product_display.php?gid=42

R

looks about right except that the SS is adjustable.

Ron

Ron - In that link there is a "click to zoom" box below the picture. It appears that the ends of this Granatelli bar do have hex nuts, so I would guess that it is adjustible. I believe (but am not positive) that it is the bar used on our cars. I have not looked at my Panhard bar in detail, I just remember it being blue, and the Granatelli box.

R

That is interesting. I had my 40th done last summer and SAI Vegas installed a BMR adjustable panhard bar. It does not have the sticker on it but looks exactly like this.

PHR002_large.jpg

If this is the case, there may be multiple vendors who supply to SAI, that would not be uncommon. Or there was a production change, or "better buy" or something?

R

If this is the case, there may be multiple vendors who supply to SAI, that would not be uncommon. Or there was a production change, or "better buy" or something?

R

Thanks sorry robert i did not actually click on the picture.

My panhard is blue as well.

ROn

Here is a link to the bar on my car and the part # matches the description and part # that is on my invoice from SAI.......http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/product_display.php?gid=42 All for you info. BTW, I picked up my car from SAI in May '08.

I picked up my car in July 09 and my bar is blue and looks like the granatelli bar.

The panhard bar you have a link listed for on the Lethal site is the same bar shown in the newest edition (2009?) of Shelby Driving Machines magazine and is shown as a "New Item" for Shelby Performance Parts in the parts section of the magazine.

It looks like the real deal to me, not just a CS/SPP sticker on someone else's bar.

Phill Pollard

That is interesting. I had my 40th done last summer and SAI Vegas installed a BMR adjustable panhard bar. It does not have the sticker on it but looks exactly like this.

PHR002_large.jpg

My 08 SS vert - completed mid-October, 2009 @ SAI.

I too have the FRPP 2007-2009 SHELBY GT500 MUSTANG HANDLING PACK -- M-2007-FR3SVT.

I have an adjustable panhard bar.

Looks just like the BMR - Black, red bushings, brass adjustment.

NO box with the take off parts. SAI put the original panhard bar in the FRPP strut tower brace box.

Knowledge is KING! The Shelby forum rocks!

Thank you.

Which suspension did you get, and does it make a difference if you get the panhard bar or not ?

Thanks

I got the basic suspension package (ford racing suspension)

i was under the impression that all SS came with adjustable panhard bar? other members hopefully will weigh in here.....

Ron

Which suspension did you get, and does it make a difference if you get the panhard bar or not ?

Thanks

/quote]

My car did not come with a adjustable bar, I have the Ford racing suspension

Maybe Canadian Super Snakes didn't come with the adj panhard bar??? :o

lol.

regardless of your suspension choice. an adjustable panhard bar is part of the SS package.

I would double check or call your mod shop. Unfortunately, left off, forgotten to install parts has happened to some.

ame='08SHELBYSS' date='26 April 2010 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1272309968' post='955799']

Maybe Canadian Super Snakes didn't come with the adj panhard bar??? :o

lol.

regardless of your suspension choice. an adjustable panhard bar is part of the SS package.

I would double check or call your mod shop. Unfortunately, left off, forgotten to install parts has happened to some.

Isn't an adjustible panhard bar usually needed to properly realign the rear axle after the car is lowered?

R

I talked to SAI about the panhard bar, they said they made a running change and will look into it for me as to when this change took place. Can any of you guys with the adjustable bar tell me when your cars were completed

Thanks

I talked to SAI about the panhard bar, they said they made a running change and will look into it for me as to when this change took place. Can any of you guys with the adjustable bar tell me when your cars were completed

Thanks

Mine was in The Mod Shop during the week of 2/15/09, and loaded in the transporter on 2/17/09.

From reading the earlier portion of this thread, it appears that the running change was made in 2009, by Oct. One thing I can say, for ease of quick install and adjustment, the BMR bar may be the choice. The Granatelli bar requires the end(s) to be un-bolted and turned for adjustment, the BMR bar requires a basic install, and then crank on the brass adjuster. Time is money and a single turn adjustment point is less time consuming than having to remove a through bolt and adjust the end, or ends of the bar.

R

I got the basic suspension package (ford racing suspension)

i was under the impression that all SS came with adjustable panhard bar? other members hopefully will weigh in here.....

Ron

Some of the early build SS & 40ths got out without the panhard bars. Shelby Corrected that and were supposed to have sent out panhard bars to the owners whos cars did not receive them. My 40th was built in March of 2008 and it has the Granelli Blue Panhard Bar. I think SAI made a running change. This also happened on the front splitters. SAI had to change the splitter design so that it did not infringe on Ford's design. My car has the Mark I splitter.

Archived