TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some help here...

Gents (and Ladies)...Almost ready to return LuLu to the blacktop, but I have one small problem to address.

I need a set of factory stock 4.6L-3V valve/cam covers for one final engine bay modification. Visual condition is not important, as I will be refinishing them, along with making a few small changes. However, OEM function is critical because I do not have the funds for repairs, or, reconstruction. So...Any of y'all who have upgraded your valve/cam covers, and have the OEM stuff lying around your garage, can we talk?

Like I said, my funds are low at the present time. I'm retired and living on a fixed income, and between my health issues (and some fairly hefty medical bills that follow all that crap), and all of LuLu's new stuff...Well, my budget has burned up, need I say more? I can barter/trade some stuff I have now, and cover shipping costs if necessary, but that's about it.

Right now...

I have a set of "Pypes" (MFG) shorty headers in T-304 stainless that performed very well on LuLu in her stock trim. Install was a breeze, took under 2 hours. I also have a complete "muffler delete" kit including polished Shelby tips that worked very nicely with the shortys and the sound was awesome for a stock SGT. Any muffler shop can add this mod to your SGT in under 1 hour, the bending is complete and accurate. BTW...This combination of "shortys" and "MD" added quite a few HP/TQ numbers for the cost, and again, the install was no sweat, and it's all still "bolt-on" stuff. I also have a Stillen/ACT clutch and pressure plate (10 spline) for the SGT (Teremec 3650), with less than 2k miles of non-abusive duty.I also have the complete SGT/FRP cold air induction kit, 90mm MAF and all, but minus the MAF sensor because I transported that to the new build.

Add this all up, and my offer for barter/trade holds some real value for the stock SGT owner, and it's all still a perfect "bolt-on" upgrade to any stock SGT. No real harm done to the original car, you can get back to true factory stock in one aftenoown.

Help me out, Gents, and I will help you back. Just looking for a nice home for LuLu's retired mods, and watching the budget line so it does not become the "Battle of th Bulge", Thanks for reading, be safe y'all.

Sergntmac@aol.com

Or, call 312.401.1396...Voice mail is 24/7

Thanks again, y'all drive safely, eh?

Happy motoring, gents.

Hi LuLu,

I can't help you out on the valve covers as my originals are still on the car, but I would be interested in the shorty headers that you have. Send me a PM of what you would like to get for them, I am seriously interested in them for my car.

Robert

07SGT4478

Gents (and Ladies)...Almost ready to return LuLu to the blacktop, but I have one small problem to address.

I need a set of factory stock 4.6L-3V valve/cam covers for one final engine bay modification. Visual condition is not important, as I will be refinishing them, along with making a few small changes. However, OEM function is critical because I do not have the funds for repairs, or, reconstruction. So...Any of y'all who have upgraded your valve/cam covers, and have the OEM stuff lying around your garage, can we talk?

Like I said, my funds are low at the present time. I'm retired and living on a fixed income, and between my health issues (and some fairly hefty medical bills that follow all that crap), and all of LuLu's new stuff...Well, my budget has burned up, need I say more? I can barter/trade some stuff I have now, and cover shipping costs if necessary, but that's about it.

Right now...

I have a set of "Pypes" (MFG) shorty headers in T-304 stainless that performed very well on LuLu in her stock trim. Install was a breeze, took under 2 hours. I also have a complete "muffler delete" kit including polished Shelby tips that worked very nicely with the shortys and the sound was awesome for a stock SGT. Any muffler shop can add this mod to your SGT in under 1 hour, the bending is complete and accurate. BTW...This combination of "shortys" and "MD" added quite a few HP/TQ numbers for the cost, and again, the install was no sweat, and it's all still "bolt-on" stuff. I also have a Stillen/ACT clutch and pressure plate (10 spline) for the SGT (Teremec 3650), with less than 2k miles of non-abusive duty.I also have the complete SGT/FRP cold air induction kit, 90mm MAF and all, but minus the MAF sensor because I transported that to the new build.

Add this all up, and my offer for barter/trade holds some real value for the stock SGT owner, and it's all still a perfect "bolt-on" upgrade to any stock SGT. No real harm done to the original car, you can get back to true factory stock in one aftenoown.

Help me out, Gents, and I will help you back. Just looking for a nice home for LuLu's retired mods, and watching the budget line so it does not become the "Battle of th Bulge", Thanks for reading, be safe y'all.

Sergntmac@aol.com

Or, call 312.401.1396...Voice mail is 24/7

Thanks again, y'all drive safely, eh?

Happy motoring, gents.

I have a set laying around in perfect condition you can have, PM me and I will get them shipped.

Jeff

I have a set laying around in perfect condition you can have, PM me and I will get them shipped.

Jeff

Jeff,

Well done. You embody the spirit of Shelby lovers everywhere with your generosity and willingness to step and help another. And Mac is, times 10, worthy of your kindness.

Jim

Gents...Your kind remarks are humbling, thank you all very much.

Problem is...I don't PM, and my phone doesn't take text messages. So, drop me an e-mail to "sergntmac@aol.com" or, just call me at 312.401.1396. One way or another, we can get this done.

Like Jim Ckark said, you guys are what make this "team shelby" work.

Mac I just wanted to let you know it was me that sent you a text message about 3 hours ago.

Problem solved through the kindness of Adam O'Dwyer. He was the first to step, and at no cost to me. He doesn't need anything I offered up in a trade. Quite a gentleman, thank you Adam. And, thank you all for your offers and thoughts.

This is what makes Team Shelby a true winner's circle.

Y'all be safe.

I love seeing this group supporting one another, very cool.

Nice work, Adam, as usual!

It's that Somerset Spirit!

Yay Musictown! Go Blue Raiders!

(we grew up in the same small town, for the uninitiated)...

Jer

Well, gents, here's the sum total of this thread.

Adam (ShelbyGT/SC) and Jeff (BlueOne) have each donated a set of valve/cam covers to LuLu's dress-up project. Neither wanted to barter for the parts I offered, and neither have asked me to cover shipping charges. In fact, they insisted otherwise. The extras set will be handy as I already trashed my OEM set.

Two very generous Team Shelby members, I salute you! And, the generousity has been catching.

I also spoke with Robert (Young768) about the shorty headers I had available. As a result of the generousity shown to me by Adam and Jeff, Robert is getting his shorty headers and a complete muffler delete kit to boot...All for free. The shipping costs were steep due to size and weight, and Robert (again) insisted he reimburse me on the costs. Another generous Team Shelby gentleman.

Y'all...If you have SGT stuff lying around that you won't be using anymore, when someone speaks up about having a need, be a Team Shelby gentleman. You cannot

buy the good feelings this leaves within at any price.

Y'all be safe, happy motoring.

Well, gents, here's the sum total of this thread.

Adam (ShelbyGT/SC) and Jeff (BlueOne) have each donated a set of valve/cam covers to LuLu's dress-up project. Neither wanted to barter for the parts I offered, and neither have asked me to cover shipping charges. In fact, they insisted otherwise. The extras set will be handy as I already trashed my OEM set.

Two very generous Team Shelby members, I salute you! And, the generousity has been catching.

I also spoke with Robert (Young768) about the shorty headers I had available. As a result of the generousity shown to me by Adam and Jeff, Robert is getting his shorty headers and a complete muffler delete kit to boot...All for free. The shipping costs were steep due to size and weight, and Robert (again) insisted he reimburse me on the costs. Another generous Team Shelby gentleman.

Y'all...If you have SGT stuff lying around that you won't be using anymore, when someone speaks up about having a need, be a Team Shelby gentleman. You cannot

buy the good feelings this leaves within at any price.

Y'all be safe, happy motoring.

Mac, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your generosity by giving me the headers and muffler delete for nothing.

Adam and Jeff, your generosity somehow paid off for me but I do want everyone to know that I tried to purchase the headers from Mac but he would have no part of it.

If I can ever do something for you guys or any other Team Shelby memeber, please let me know. What comes around, goes around and now it is my turn to pay it forward.

Robert

Archived