TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can you add 100 rwhp without a supercharger upgrade?

MongoCobra

Great information on this site and thanks to all for posting. I have a goal of adding 100 hp on my 2010 but don't want a TVS or to port the blower. Question is would the following mods reach that goal:

2.6 pulley and tune

AFCO heat exchanger

new throttle body and plenum

I think it would probably be close. I want to keep it street legal so really don't want an x pipe. The underdrive pulley looks like a pain to install and might be too much for the stock blower

Any opinions/experiences?

Thanks

An evo stage zero and a heat exchanger will do the trick.

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=128_132&products_id=723

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=128_134

ask for kent if you have any questions.

I'd be leary of their numbers. My car didn't come close to the numbers they were advertising with the Lund 93 Octane tune.

I'd be leary of their numbers. My car didn't come close to the numbers they were advertising with the Lund 93 Octane tune.

That's what I've gathered from reading the other posts. The claims from lethal and evo seem to fall a bit short (no offense meant). I'm conservatively estimating 70 from the 2.6 pulley and tune, and maybe 20-30 from the throttle body and plenum. perhaps with a custom tune of the whole package including the upgraded heat exchanger might get it over the +100 mark, but good custom tuners are hard to find here in metro NY

We have done a ton of them and #'s are from 530- 550 to the tire with a heat exchanger.

530RWHP on a Dynojet sounds about right. Some more, some less depending on how that dyno is mantained and other factors.

An evo stage zero and a heat exchanger will do the trick.

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=128_132&products_id=723

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=128_134

ask for kent if you have any questions.

:happy feet: Never thought I'd be excited for winter to hit, but I can't wait till this next winter when I can pickup a Shelby and let the modding begin! In my short time checking out these cars in more detail, definitely impressed with how they respond to mods! :shift:

Come on Spring 2011! lol

AMEN. I was wondering how to say it while being tactful.

I'd say a little more than 50% of what they're claiming to be more realistic.

We have done a ton of them and #'s are from 530- 550 to the tire with a heat exchanger.

This is the 2010 forum, so the stock rwhp #s are around 480-490. Jumping up to 530-550 is approximately a 70 hp gain on the high side. You're claiming up to 135 hp gains at the rear wheel, so this would 615-635 hp to the tire. So I must ask why your reply above is only showing 530-550?

I do business with Evo, and I plan to continue doing so, but I think you're stretching it here a bit.

And as a FYI - my mods shown below (minus the heat exchanger) gave me 552/552 at the wheels on a conservative 91 octane tune with a heat soaked engine. This was on a custom tune which I have since done away with to be replaced with a canned tune by VMP. The reason being is because I trust a canned tune by Justin more than a custom tune by a shop that had never done a 2010 GT500 prior. The shop was a good tuner, but the GT500 has specific attributes that may be overlooked by someone not familiar with the 2010's.

Question regarding the OP mods.............if you were to do these, and maybe say some long tubes -- is there a HUGE difference between a dyno tune and a canned tuned if you send back the data???

Anyone????? :headscratch:

TX STIG.....did you data log your results and send the info back to make adjustments????

AMEN. I was wondering how to say it while being tactful.

I'd say a little more than 50% of what they're claiming to be more realistic.

TX STIG, I can tell you from personal experience and with dyno results to prove it, that my results were pretty close to what they claim.

Anyone????? :headscratch:

TX STIG.....did you data log your results and send the info back to make adjustments????

No I didn't. The mods I had in place (LT headers, high flow cats w/ stock mufflers, and a lower 10% pulley) are all combinations that Justin has had on his car with tunes available for those exact mods, and whatever tweaks necessary specific to a 2010.

I've spoken with Justin about future mods (I'm more or less copying his setup) and data logging will be needed once stock fuel injectors are changed out because that starts getting very specific.

When I had my car dynoed after the lower pulley and LT headers w/ high flow cats were installed, the performance shop said the tune in the car (VMP's tune) was almost dead on and they did very little modifications. To make a long story short I accidently erased the tune from my SCT tuner from the performance shop (which is 500 miles from my house) and they didn't know how to email me the file with an end-user file extension, they only knew how to send a file with a dealer's extension, and I didn't want to mail my SCT tuner back to them. Since I was within 6 months of buying the SCT tuner from VMP, I simply told Justin what mods I now have and he sent me the tune for those specific mods and the car runs great.

Of course I haven't driven the car now for a month and a half because I have no wheels, but I'm expecting the car run stronger than ever now that I've installed the dual-fan HE, and I hope to place an order for the TVS very shortly.

TX STIG, I can tell you from personal experience and with dyno results to prove it, that my results were pretty close to what they claim.

Baby Gorilla - I must respectfully disagree. The mods and numbers you're showing still don't match what they're claiming. Put back on your stock lower pulley, put back on your stock throttle body, and remove anything else that is NOT INCLUDED in the Stage Zero kit for $800 as shown in the picture at the top of their page and see where you're at in power numbers.

I think the issue here is Evo is claiming a HUGE power increase specific to a kit with a specific picture and with a specific price, but then start offering "options" above and beyond the original description, price and represented picture. Therefore if you simply place an order for "Stage Zero kit" you will NOT get the 135 hp claim they are making. To do that you must add several other options, at a much higher price than the stated $800, and then you're basically into a quasi Stage 3 kit.

In my legal opinion, Evo should state an expected HP gain for ONLY the upper pulley, spark plugs, and tune that is included in the $800 Stage Zero package. Then they can state significant power increases can be gained by adding additional options shown at the bottom of their page.

It's not being honest nor fair for someone to place an order for a Stage Zero kit for $800 and have them expect to see a 135 rwhp gain on the dyno because they simply will not; and this is proven by Evo's post above that states they've done many of these mods with rwhp at the 530-550 range.

I'm not trying to slam Evolution Performance because they have been very helpful to me over the phone and with orders I've placed with them, but I think they owe it to everyone to represent a realistic power increase that's associated with a specific package at a specific price.

Both VMP and EVO are great vendors. I have used tunes for both and both are accurate.

Numbers on a dyno can be deceiving. I have dynoed my Stage II car on a dyno jet a few years ago and than a different dyno about 2 mths ago.

My car dynoed 553 rwhp .... on a fairly cool motor.

My car dynoed on the other dyno jet with heat soaked motor 510 rwhp.

Now that said .... we dynoed a couple of cars that morning all stage II and my car was 20- 30 hp higher than anyone else.

So numbers can vary.

Everything Fred has sold me or told me has been right on ... same goes with Justin.

Too be consistent you need to use the same dyno and someone who really know what there doing. Do a base line stock with the motor around the same temp as before and start your quest for HP ... thats about the only real accurate way to determine your gains.

My 2 cents worth ....

Both VMP and EVO are great vendors. I have used tunes for both and both are accurate.

Numbers on a dyno can be deceiving. I have dynoed my Stage II car on a dyno jet a few years ago and than a different dyno about 2 mths ago.

My car dynoed 553 rwhp .... on a fairly cool motor.

My car dynoed on the other dyno jet with heat soaked motor 510 rwhp.

Now that said .... we dynoed a couple of cars that morning all stage II and my car was 20- 30 hp higher than anyone else.

So numbers can vary.

Everything Fred has sold me or told me has been right on ... same goes with Justin.

Too be consistent you need to use the same dyno and someone who really know what there doing. Do a base line stock with the motor around the same temp as before and start your quest for HP ... thats about the only real accurate way to determine your gains.

My 2 cents worth ....

If I'm wrong please let me know. Evo has a Mustang Dyno. They claimed they got 510RWHP on their Grabber Blue 2010 GT500 with just a 93 Octane Jon Lund tune. There is no way in hell a stock GT500 with just a tune is going to get those kind of numbers on a Mustang dyno if reported accurately. I'm not saying Evo doesn't do good work overall. However, their claims always seem to push the limit and then some at times.

I find it odd that not more pepole go for a shot of laughing gas on these cars, seems a great way to get a quick boost of performance when you need it, just a 125 shot would give you monstrous torque numbers too, better yet, lower intake tmepratures as well, shoot, I imagine a Pulley, CAI, Tune, Exhaust, and a 125 shot would drop some pretty amazing numbers down, riviling some of the whipple and KB cars and equaling if not besting TVS numbers.

Maybe someone can shed some light on what I am missing on why not more are sqeezing on these cars. The motor seems plenty stong.

Archived