TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SIDE LOUVER (SCOOPS)

dupuyf

BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE A PAINTED SIDE SCOOP (LOUVER) FOR A 2008 GT500

FD

Didn't find any after market painted side scoops that suited me, looking for an OEM, Super Snake look. I bought the Ford OEM CS/GT & Super Snake side scoops from Blue Oval Industries and had my local body shop paint to match car for $50. A win, win...OEM scoops at a reduced price, not many others have them, and they match the Shelby perfectly.

Darksnake.

Didn't find any after market painted side scoops that suited me, looking for an OEM, Super Snake look. I bought the Ford OEM CS/GT & Super Snake side scoops from Blue Oval Industries and had my local body shop paint to match car for $50. A win, win...OEM scoops at a reduced price, not many others have them, and they match the Shelby perfectly.

Darksnake.

You could get the factory ford type painted to match your car from Bangastang. Here is a link to the scoops.

Bangastang

If you guys wouldn't mind taking the time, can you take some close up pics of your CS side scoops? Particularly the edge closest to the door jamb, and the top along the body panel crease. If there is a measurement you can take along the door jamb edge (parallel to the black honeycomb) that would be helpful as well.

I have a pair, just came back from paint, and I would like to install them using the 3M tape. I'd like some reference photos just to ensure I get it right the first time.

Take care!!

Dan

If you guys wouldn't mind taking the time, can you take some close up pics of your CS side scoops? Particularly the edge closest to the door jamb, and the top along the body panel crease. If there is a measurement you can take along the door jamb edge (parallel to the black honeycomb) that would be helpful as well.

I have a pair, just came back from paint, and I would like to install them using the 3M tape. I'd like some reference photos just to ensure I get it right the first time.

Take care!!

Dan

I can send you the instalations instructions with template if you want from Ford. Pm me your e-mail as it is a 6 page pdf file.Here is a couple of photos for you.

RedlineHoodStruts023.jpg

RedlineHoodStruts024.jpg

RedlineHoodStruts025.jpg

BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE A PAINTED SIDE SCOOP (LOUVER) FOR A 2008 GT500

FD

If these had been available a few months ago I would have considered these for mine. Instead I choose the Shelby spp-112-ss for the uppers and the 2006 Ford California Special lowers. Had a local body shop paint mine for me.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product.sc?productId=516&categoryId=143

Darksnake.

I did the same. It was probaly the best mod I did. The car should of come from the factory with them. I guess a +50k sticker wasn't high enough to include them! P.S., don't worry about drilling any holes, the 3M tape holds them just fine.

I did the same. It was probaly the best mod I did. The car should of come from the factory with them. I guess a +50k sticker wasn't high enough to include them! P.S., don't worry about drilling any holes, the 3M tape holds them just fine.

I have to agree! I just installed mine with the help from Rag Top Day and I am sorry I waited so long. They just look "natural" on the GT500.

I just put mine on last Sunday. I agree they should have come from Ford this way. :happy feet:

post-6385-127212489757_thumb.jpg

post-6385-127212495493_thumb.jpg

post-6385-127212508234_thumb.jpg

post-6385-127212489757_thumb.jpg

post-6385-127212495493_thumb.jpg

post-6385-127212508234_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived