TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 TPMS Issues

J-Train

I changed my wheels to TF 20"'s and bought a set of Schrader Brand TMPS Sensors, the exact same as the OEM Ford sensors. I also bought the training tool expectingt o have to go through the whole porcedure of training the new sensors, well weird thing, I never retrained them and they are working perfect. I had heard stories about the computer picking up the sensors in the old wheels and as long as you only drive less than 20 miles the light would never go off. Well I think I have disproved that theroy as I have several full days of start and stop driving with multiple cold starts and 50+ miles, so basically I am wondering if by updating the TMPS system on the 2010+ cars to the new style Scrader valve sensors, did they take out the need to program the system, maybe it's just smart enoguh to pick them up? Whats going on, I have had the wheels on for a month now.

I changed my wheels to TF 20"'s and bought a set of Schrader Brand TMPS Sensors, the exact same as the OEM Ford sensors. I also bought the training tool expectingt o have to go through the whole porcedure of training the new sensors, well weird thing, I never retrained them and they are working perfect. I had heard stories about the computer picking up the sensors in the old wheels and as long as you only drive less than 20 miles the light would never go off. Well I think I have disproved that theroy as I have several full days of start and stop driving with multiple cold starts and 50+ miles, so basically I am wondering if by updating the TMPS system on the 2010+ cars to the new style Scrader valve sensors, did they take out the need to program the system, maybe it's just smart enoguh to pick them up? Whats going on, I have had the wheels on for a month now.

Same thing happened to me when I put winter tires on. I trained the sensors, anyway, so specific tire with low pressure could be identified. When I changed back to original tires I got a TPMS error message that would not go away until I retrained the sensors! Very strange...

Archived