TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LIME ROCK PARK MUSTANG CORRALS

QuadCam

I was looking at the schedule, trying to find a time on Saturday that we could all meet at at the Grand-Am Truck where I could give you all a quick tour around the different Mustangs and explain the differences and answer any questions you may have. There are three basic different Mustang race cars that are all quite different. There are the FR500S Mustangs used in the Mustang Challenge series, the FR500C Mustangs which are the last year version for the Continental GS series, and then there are the new 2011 Boss R1 Mustangs also in GS. The only time that I see available on Saturday would be around 9:30 am. If you all would like to do that, I'll be available at that time. The rest of the day get's pretty hectic with the ST race, Mustang Challenge race and then the GS race. If you want to see the Rolex cars, you will need to be there on Sunday or Monday. There's no room at Lime Rock to get them in the paddock area until Sunday when all the Continental cars will be gone. Then the race is on Monday for Rolex.

You guys in the Northeast are really lucky! You have three race weekends in the area where you can see the Continental, Rolex, and Mustang Challenge races all in the same weekends. Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and New Jersey.

Hi Jeff,

A week away, and I'm looking forward to making my first visit to LRP for 2010.

Thanks for offering to "show us around" the facility where you work. Hope to see you on Saturday.

-Rob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ninja: Ilmor has a plan...I plan to arrive at Lime Rock Friday evening in my RV. I will be in reserved camping space no. 9. I look forward to seeing you all!

edit - oh, one other thing...my buddy Jim from MD may not show up until after noon on Saturday...he will be bringing my SGT to the Mustang Corral....so, I wasted at least half my money on that at this point but what the heck... :hysterical:

:ninja: Ilmor has a plan...I plan to arrive at Lime Rock Friday evening in my RV. I will be in reserved camping space no. 9. I look forward to seeing you all!

edit - oh, one other thing...my buddy Jim from MD may not show up until after noon on Saturday...he will be bringing my SGT to the Mustang Corral....so, I wasted at least half my money on that at this point but what the heck... :hysterical:

Just like you, I hope he shows around noon too... In fact, I just hope he shows up!

Otherwise, your "friend" and your "Shelby" are A.W.O.L. in North America...

Hmmmm, I nice "autocross tweaked Shelby" and all the pavement in North America...

Sounds damn good to me!!!

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Naaah, he would never do anything like that...I think... :headscratch:

Actually, I don't really expect him until about 2pm now. He's driving up from MD on Saturday morning to avoid the Friday night Mem. Day traffic. He's also not an early riser!

That's ok, I'll be sipping a cold one watching lots of fast Mustangs fly by on the back straight!!!

By the way, here is the RV map...I'll be in Space no. 9....

LimeRockRVMap.jpg

Naaah, he would never do anything like that...I think... :headscratch:

Actually, I don't really expect him until about 2pm now. He's driving up from MD on Saturday morning to avoid the Friday night Mem. Day traffic. He's also not an early riser!

That's ok, I'll be sipping a cold one watching lots of fast Mustangs fly by on the back straight!!!

By the way, here is the RV map...I'll be in Space no. 9....

LimeRockRVMap.jpg

See You There !

#9, #9, #9, #9, #9...

See You There !

#9, #9, #9, #9, #9...

Maybe Bob will end up in Lot '0' and it's not on the map which might mean a "no show"..... :hysterical:

J/K Bob...... ;)

well, looks like I wont meet Bob on this little get together....he is coming Friday night, I'll be gone by then....... :hysterical:

and do yourself a favor, dont look at the weather report! :doh:

Too late already looked..... :doh: but weather changes everyday and it will for this event..... :happy feet: it better or Mother Nature is going to get her @SS whooped again..... :slapfight:

I'm still coming rain or shine!!! Anyway, these races don't stop for rain. I just checked, however, and the forecast is still great for Sat., Sun. and Mon. Friday is 40% chance of rain during the day but should be over by the time I get there :drool:

I'm having only one problem so far...dang electric step on my brand-new RV quit working!! It doesn't look like it'll get resolved in time, esp. since I have business travel this week. :jackinbox: Need to find a soap box to use as a step! :soapbox:

Oh c'mon Boys and Girls...,

Friday is 3 days away and they don't know if the front is going to do, this or that; just a bit soon to tell.

Will Saturday be a better day for the Mustang class races?

I guess I'll have to tell you what you missed! :tease:

I guess I'll have to tell you what you missed! :tease:

well saturday didnt pan out for me, but I will be there friday.......

3 car caravan heading your way from NJ....

gates open at 7am, racing starts at 10am, lime rock says getting there at 9 is perfect, thats what we are shooting for.......

What time are you planning on getting there friday? local boy!

gates open at 7am, racing starts at 10am, lime rock says getting there at 9 is perfect, thats what we are shooting for.......

Sean and I are looking forward to meeting you Mr Wicked..... :happy feet: We'll be there by 9:00 for sure..... :peelout: The weather changed for the better, Mostly Sunny and 70 degrees PERFECT..... :yahoo: :happy feet:

I am hoping that our office will tell us to go home early, by 3pm at the latest. If that happens, I estimate that I "might" arrive by 5:30 on Friday. Maybe I'll catch the Skip Barber qualifying. In any event I'll be ready for their race first thing Saturday morning.

There's also a car show at the track on Sunday all day. Maybe I'll put the SGT in that! Those shows are always fun because the show cars get parked along the track.

Me? I'll be there waiting on you and your buddies. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

SS and SS wanted to hookup and drive up there together, but my expected arrival time is the same as their departure time... :headscratch:

Heck, Sean is driving, she can sleep in the car! Right? :hysterical3:

It must take a loooong time to get LL to look like SS in the morning! :hide:

:dance:

Lauren and I (ok - Lauren) pack a cooler with snacks, sandwiches, sunscreen, and beverages (besides the blanket and lawn chairs).

I was wondering how long do you and the boys plan to stay Friday afternoon?

Might we plan to have a late lunch/dinner together at a restaurant somewhere before you head back?:grouphug:

Me? I'll be there waiting on you and your buddies. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

SS and SS wanted to hookup and drive up there together, but my expected arrival time is the same as their departure time... :headscratch:

Lauren and I (ok - Lauren) pack a cooler with snacks, sandwiches, sunscreen, and beverages (besides the blanket and lawn chairs).

Might we plan to have a late lunch/dinner together at a restaurant somewhere before you head back?:grouphug:

LL and SS are the same girl silly..... :finger: and what's the blanket for??? :lurk:

we are packing a cooler, lunch, beverages, lawn chairs, fireworks and a handgun......we are ready for anything..... :hysterical:

(and of course my headrest video cam for parade lap memory capturing as well as mustang corral hooliganism!)

Michael might have to get back to work Friday night so I cant commit to dinner at this point,

however, if it can be worked out, it sounds great to me.

I mean, how can I leave until I personally verify that Ilmor exists! :hysterical:

Looking forward to meeting the CT Gang!

we are packing a cooler, lunch, beverages, lawn chairs, fireworks and a handgun......we are ready for anything..... :hysterical:

(and of course my headrest video cam for parade lap memory capturing as well as mustang corral hooliganism!)

Michael might have to get back to work Friday night so I cant commit to dinner at this point,

I mean, how can I leave until I personally verify that Ilmor exists! :hysterical:

Including yours truly?? :lurk:the weather is going to be on our side..... :happy feet:

LL and SS are the same girl silly..... :finger: and what's the blanket for??? :lurk:

I've never met LL, just SS.

LL is the person that rolls out of bed in the morning and looks at herself in the mirror while she washes her hands after taking that morning "relief" and before brushing her teeth. :fear:

:hysterical2:

I'll be sure to pack the cardboard cutout of Ilmor I used in Las Vegas last year for photos with "him."

Consider it a day at the beach...

Laying out a "beach blanket" gives you a place to sit and kick off your shoes, lay down and nap between events( or after a few beers - or in your case, Martinis), or even catch some rays.

Things can get crowded during the big events (like Monday). Laying out a blanket sets up a boundary for your "space."

Most folks respect that and will walk around rather than walk in front of you.

That was an incredible Memorial Day weekend at Lime Rock. It was good to see QuadCam and his wife again (yes, he can confirm that I was indeed there!). :ph34r: The racing action was awesome and a FORD won the Daytona Prototype race!! :happy feet:

It's going to be a rushed and busy week for me as we prepare to go to Pocono for the NASCAR race this coming weekend...yes, more race track camping! I don't think there will be much time available for me to post photos and vids but I'll try.

Archived