TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LIME ROCK PARK MUSTANG CORRALS

QuadCam

Our friends at Lime Rock Park asked me to spread the word about their Mustang Corrals on Friday and Saturday.

We are welcome to gather, picnic, BBQ, and enjoy Safe Parking during the Memorial Day Weekend events.

Contact me or go to: www.limerock.com if you have any questions.

Please join me, and the elusive ILMOR at the best road course in the Northeast.

-QC

Slide1-1.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our friends at Lime Rock Park asked me to spread the word about their Mustang Corrals on Friday and Saturday.

We are welcome to gather, picnic, BBQ, and enjoy Safe Parking during the memorial Day Weekend events.

Contact me or go to: www.limerock.com if you have any questions.

Please join me, and the elusive ILMOR at the best road course in the Northeast.

-QC

Slide1-1.jpg

pm sent.

Perhaps I could add Shelby stripes to my motorhome....

:dance:

Motorhome? You graduated from the pop-up to a motorhome? :o

Home many people can we put on the roof?

Soooooo... I guessing your wife can't drive a stick which means she can't drive the SGT, and the motorhome is TOO BIG for her to drive. Right? :banghead:

I have to agree with Wick... FUMBLE! :runaway:

Motorhome? You graduated from the pop-up to a motorhome? :o

Home many people can we put on the roof?

Soooooo... I guessing your wife can't drive a stick which means she can't drive the SGT, and the motorhome is TOO BIG for her to drive. Right? :banghead:

I have to agree with Wick... FUMBLE! :runaway:

Hmmm...complicated questions....the wife can drive a stick but doesn't like driving the SGT because of the attention and because she's scared she'll hurt it. Plus, she may not even be going...but she might go if a friend of mine from Maryland who SAYS he is coming up to the race is a no-show. In other words, I don't know if I'll be there by myself or who I'll be with! :confused:

My wife can also drive the motorhome fine... unitl it comes to parking, backing up or tight manuevers. In those cases, she's not even that good in a car :hysterical:

If my MD buddy comes up I'll probably have him drive the Shelby over...which could solve that issue.

We'll see.....

Oh, and as for the roof...I don't know...its a little motorhome so maybe me and whoever is nicest to me... :lurk:

I'm working on getting tickets again for this event.... :banvictory: if plan falls through ilmor I have my camping gear ready..... :happy feet:

Hope to C ya!!

Hmmm...complicated questions....the wife can drive a stick but doesn't like driving the SGT because of the attention and because she's scared she'll hurt it. Plus, she may not even be going...but she might go if a friend of mine from Maryland who SAYS he is coming up to the race is a no-show. In other words, I don't know if I'll be there by myself or who I'll be with! :confused:

My wife can also drive the motorhome fine... unitl it comes to parking, backing up or tight manuevers. In those cases, she's not even that good in a car :hysterical:

If my MD buddy comes up I'll probably have him drive the Shelby over...which could solve that issue.

We'll see.....

Oh, and as for the roof...I don't know...its a little motorhome so maybe me and whoever is nicest to me... :lurk:

:dreamy::wub: :bag:

:hysterical2:

I'm not sure if my car will be there or not...so I'm not going to risk a $30 corral ticket cost. I do get a 20 x 60 RV space, so there should be plenty of room for my personal car show if I get it there..... :happy feet:

Got my Mustang Corral ticket for Friday..... :happy feet: :happy feet:

Good Deal Wick! :dance:

I gotta get off my a$$ and get tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Monday (Rolex GT).

You didn't mention the Mustang race ("Continental Challange") on Saturday.

You know you (and yours) are welcome to stay in Southington with us (exit 30, I-84) ~50 mins to LRP.

...And you can you camp with Ilmor right at the track! Bring your sleeping bag!!!

I saw Laurie and Sean at the SAAC show on Sunday, I doubt they will make it on Friday (work day), but Laurie is getting tickets for race on Saturday!

:party2:

I gotta get off my a$$ and get tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Monday (Rolex GT).

You know you (and yours) are welcome to stay in Southington with us (exit 30, I-84) ~50 mins to LRP.

...And you can you camp with Ilmor right at the track! Bring your sleeping bag!!!

I saw Laurie and Sean at the SAAC show on Sunday, I doubt they will make it on Friday (work day), but Laurie is getting tickets for race on Saturday!

Im still negotiating for Saturday.....keep that spot open, I may very well take you up on that deal......

Well...It looks like my friend from Maryland is coming up to the race and camp w/ me, and therefore he will be driving my car over to the track on Saturday morning. SO....I went ahead and purchased a Corral ticket tonight. I figure even if for some reason he doesn't show and my SGT doesn't make it, the $30 will help Lime Rock. :dance:

Sean and I were able to get Friday the 28th off from work.... :happy feet: I'm just waiting to hear from my source for the tickets..... :waiting: hopefully will cover the entire weekend and the actual Mustang Parade Laps with our own cars are just on Friday I believe at 12:00.... :peelout: Rob I think you mentioned that you will be there on Friday?? :lurk:

Sean and I were able to get Friday the 28th off from work.... :happy feet: I'm just waiting to hear from my source for the tickets..... :waiting: hopefully will cover the entire weekend and the actual Mustang Parade Laps with our own cars are just on Friday I believe at 12:00.... :peelout: Rob I think you mentioned that you will be there on Friday?? :lurk:

Yes, Lauren and I will be there! She said she will record "T.H.E. Car" making the parade laps and be my arm candy for the day. :wub:

:excl:

A REMINDER TO ALL:

"Corrals Tickets" are independent of "GateTickets" and must be purchased prior to the day(s) of the corrals.

NO Corral tickets will be sold at the gate on Friday or Saturday.

I may have this wrong SS, but your Freebees may get you into the race, but not into the Corral. :doh:

I suggest you contact LRP for a clarification so you don't get locked out! :angry22:

More info about Saturday at LRP... :shift:

We know there are fans out there with family plans that don’t include Lime Rock Park on Memorial Day Monday (sigh...). But what about the Saturday before?

It’s only $25, kids 12 and under are free, free parking, new family Midway attractions including Laser Tag, karting, and hotdog stands!

Remember, active military and veterans (and their immediate family) are free with proper ID.

There are four great races on Saturday:

- Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge GS (killer-fast Camaro, M3, Cayman, 911, Boss 302 et al.)

- Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge ST (crazy-cool Civic SI, GTI, 328i, MazdaSpeed3 and RX-8, Mini Cooper, Audi S4, Boxster et al.)

- SCCA Ford Racing Mustang Challenge (a grid-full of identically prepped GTs bangin’ fenders)

- BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda (15-to-21 year old superstars in the making)

So if you can’t come Monday for the Rolex Daytona Prototype & GT race, do not miss Saturday’s other Grand-Am action, ok?

Thanks for reading...

Click here for ticket info.

Or call 860.435.5000

Think fast!

Im still negotiating for Saturday.....keep that spot open, I may very well take you up on that deal......

Oh yeah, I know all about the negotiating "thing." Get trapped into it all the time... :hysterical3:

Of course, the offer is still open...

...or you camp out with Ilmor. You'd never know he was there! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Yes, Lauren and I will be there! She said she will record "T.H.E. Car" making the parade laps and be my arm candy for the day. :wub:

A REMINDER TO ALL:

"Corrals Tickets" are independent of "GateTickets" and must be purchased prior to the day(s) of the corrals.

NO Corral tickets will be sold at the gate on Friday or Saturday.

I may have this wrong SS, but your Freebees may get you into the race, but not into the Corral. :doh:

I suggest you contact LRP for a clarification so you don't get locked out! :angry22:

I received confirmation I'm getting my tickets and they include Friday..... :happy feet:

Will be great to hopefully meet some of you there. I think that I met some of you last time for the Mustang Challenge race. Ask for me at the Grand-Am trailer. Ask for Jeff J or #49. I'll see if I can put together some goodies if possible.

PS, the SCCA has nothing to do with the Mustang Challenge. Mustang Challenge is run out of Miller Motorsports Park in Utah and is sanctioned by Grand-Am. I work for Nascar, as an official for the Rolex series, Continental Tire series, and the Mustang Challenge, all under Grand-Am.

Here's a pretty cool video recap of the last Mustang Challenge race a couple weeks ago at Virginia international.

Here's also a pretty cool video of one of the things that I do for the Rolex series. I'm the one in the video doing the tech work with the window nets, etc and in the picture below.

Here's a pretty cool video recap of the last Mustang Challenge race a couple weeks ago at Virginia international.

Here's also a pretty cool video of one of the things that I do for the Rolex series. I'm the one in the video doing the tech work with the window nets, etc and in the picture below.

Great Stuff Jeff, Thanks! :happy feet:

A BIG welcome from the TS Members here in the Northeast!* :grouphug:

Looking forward to meeting you in person on Friday (and checking in on Saturday)...

If Ilmor materializes from invisablilty, we'll bring him too. :ninja:

-Rob (aka Quadcam)

* According to "JeffIsHereToo" the Northeast is the New England and Mid-Alantic regions in TeamShelby speak! :poke:

:hysterical2: :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I was looking at the schedule, trying to find a time on Saturday that we could all meet at at the Grand-Am Truck where I could give you all a quick tour around the different Mustangs and explain the differences and answer any questions you may have. There are three basic different Mustang race cars that are all quite different. There are the FR500S Mustangs used in the Mustang Challenge series, the FR500C Mustangs which are the last year version for the Continental GS series, and then there are the new 2011 Boss R1 Mustangs also in GS. The only time that I see available on Saturday would be around 9:30 am. If you all would like to do that, I'll be available at that time. The rest of the day get's pretty hectic with the ST race, Mustang Challenge race and then the GS race. If you want to see the Rolex cars, you will need to be there on Sunday or Monday. There's no room at Lime Rock to get them in the paddock area until Sunday when all the Continental cars will be gone. Then the race is on Monday for Rolex.

You guys in the Northeast are really lucky! You have three race weekends in the area where you can see the Continental, Rolex, and Mustang Challenge races all in the same weekends. Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and New Jersey.

Archived