TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Raceskinz still in business?

I have sent Mike Smith multiple emails, no reply. I have attempted to order from their website, my cart stays empty even when I add an item to my cart. I have signed up on their website in order to order something, but I am getting no where. I call the 702 643 3888 from their site, it has been disconnected. I call the 818 988 number, it has been changed. I call the changed number and get an auto attendent, I press the option for customer service it rings with no answer and I end up back in the main menu, I dial 0 for the operator, no one answers and back to the main menu.....................I'm just trying to spend some $$$ with them. Are they still in business??

Robert

Yes sir, I was there last week and will be there again in a few days.

What are you looking for?

I think Robert is looking for:

1. Good telephone #.

2. Working website to place an order.

What else is a guy to do. :banghead:

Yes sir, I was there last week and will be there again in a few days.

What are you looking for?

Since the middle of last year (approx. July), when Scott Centra was still there, before they moved, I have been trying to buy a pair of the CF mud flaps to finish off the CF on my Super Snake. I purchased the CF rear diffuser and was waiting for the mud flaps to be produced per an email from Scott. Scott is no longer with them from what I was told by Mike last November. I have been trying since that time to buy a pair of the CF mud flaps, with no luck. I received an email stating that I was on a list for these flaps, and now I see that they are available, I can't seem to buy them. Since there have been so many businesses going under in the last few months, I was not sure if I was waisting my time trying to contact them?

I have sent multiple emails asking for an invoice to be sent, but no replies, and then the attempts outlined above.

There also seems to be a gloss finish or matte finish for the CF. I believe that the Super Snake CF is matte finish, but I wanted to talk to someone to verify this to be true. I don't want to order the wrong finish.

Thanks, Robert

Yea Scott has been out for sometime, stuff I had going with him was delayed as well.

Updated # is 818-767-8525, ask for Tirrell. If you can't get ahold of them tomorrow I will call him direct.

Thanks, that 8525 number is the one I called and could not get anyone, except the auto attendent or leave a message. This was multiple days at approx. 16:30-17:30 EST.

I don't mind the delay and I know that they moved a few moths ago, I just don't want to waste my time trying to contact a business if they are not in business.

R

I think Robert is looking for:

1. Good telephone #.

2. Working website to place an order.

What else is a guy to do. :banghead:

Yes, I am just trying to spend some money, and I know that it is not a lot of money at $170 plus shipping for a pair of CF mudflaps, but I did spend the larger $$$ with Raceskinz on the CF rear diffuser when it first came out, and now I am just trying to complete the lower CF package on my Super Snake. If the mud flaps would have been available when the rear diffuser was first offered, I would have bought them at that time. Now it has become a many month project, just to spend $170 and get those illusive CF mudflaps.

R

Yes, I am just trying to spend some money, and I know that it is not a lot of money at $170 plus shipping for a pair of CF mudflaps, but I did spend the larger $$$ with Raceskinz on the CF rear diffuser when it first came out, and now I am just trying to complete the lower CF package on my Super Snake. If the mud flaps would have been available when the rear diffuser was first offered, I would have bought them at that time. Now it has become a many month project, just to spend $170 and get those illusive CF mudflaps.

R

Hello Robert.

Save your money.

CF mudflaps. I have seen the pictures. Something just doesn't look right with the CF mudflaps.

Do you really want them?

However. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Bangastang radiator cover.

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Radiator_Covers/product/RCGT500SS/Super_Snake_Radiator_Cover.htm

Hello Robert.

Save your money.

CF mudflaps. I have seen the pictures. Something just doesn't look right with the CF mudflaps.

Do you really want them?

However. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Bangastang radiator cover.

http://www.bangastang.com/_e/Radiator_Covers/product/RCGT500SS/Super_Snake_Radiator_Cover.htm

+1 on the Rad Cover. That is my next purchase.

Did no one get the CF mud flaps before Scott left Raceskinz?? I guess that makes mine worth something, eventhough they were the rough prototypes.

Hello Robert.

Save your money.

Do you really want them?

It matches the Diffuser. Must better than plastic flaps with the Carbon Diffuser. :happy feet:

It matches the Diffuser. Must better than plastic flaps with the Carbon Diffuser. :happy feet:

My thoughts exactly. I bought , or should I say paid the big $$$ to have a GT500 transformed into a Super Snake at SAI. It came with CF in the front (the splitter) and on the sides (the rocker panels). I have purchased the rear diffuser from Raceskinz when Scott offered that group buy, to finish the CF lower.............since the CF mudflaps are now available, why would I keep my black plastic mud flaps with the rest of the bottom CF'ed? The mud flaps are the final piece to that CF look.

I did talk to Tirrell. He said he would send me an email invoice yesterday afternoon, have not received it yet. He probably got busy. I will call him later today if I don't receive it.

One fact about CF mudflaps...................Not all CF mudflaps are created equal. I have found through some quick research that some have a protective coating on the front/tire side, some do not. If there is no protection, in the form of rubber coat, or something else, the front/tire side of these flaps will quickly be degraded by stones and rocks.<<Then they will look like crap, from both sides. The tire side has to be properly protected from flying projectiles.

R

My thoughts exactly. I bought , or should I say paid the big $$ to have a GT500 transformed into a Super Snake at SAI. It came with CF in the front (the splitter) and on the sides (the rocker panels). I have purchased the rear diffuser from Raceskinz when Scott offered that group buy, to finish the CF lower.............since the CF mudflaps are now available, why would I keep my black plastic mud flaps with the rest of the bottom CF'ed? The mud flaps are the final piece to that CF look.

I did talk to Tirrell. He said he would send me an email invoice yesterday afternoon, have not received it yet. He probably got busy. I will call him later today if I don't receive it.

One fact about CF mudflaps...................Not all CF mudflaps are created equal. I have found through some quick research that some have a protective coating on the front/tire side, some do not. If there is no protection, in the form of rubber coat, or something else, the front/tire side of these flaps will quickly be degraded by stones and rocks.<<Then they will look like crap, from both sides. The tire side has to be properly protected from flying projectiles.

R

Hey Robert. I have all of my CF covered with clear bra (actually Venture Shield). I would think that would work as well for the mudflaps if you need added protection. Should be cheap to have covered before installing.

My thoughts exactly. I bought , or should I say paid the big $$$ to have a GT500 transformed into a Super Snake at SAI. It came with CF in the front (the splitter) and on the sides (the rocker panels). I have purchased the rear diffuser from Raceskinz when Scott offered that group buy, to finish the CF lower.............since the CF mudflaps are now available, why would I keep my black plastic mud flaps with the rest of the bottom CF'ed? The mud flaps are the final piece to that CF look.

R

I don't know what is going on there, but it is not good. I have been waiting for a invoice for 4 weeks or so now, the last few day's I can't get any one on the phone either. Makes me nervous, I gave them my credit card # for a set of mud flaps ,and sat cover they were supposed to have ready to ship two weeks ago.

I don't know what is going on there, but it is not good. I have been waiting for a invoice for 4 weeks or so now, the last few day's I can't get any one on the phone either. Makes me nervous, I gave them my credit card # for a set of mud flaps ,and sat cover they were supposed to have ready to ship two weeks ago.

They're solid, I've been in both their shops numerous times.

Just a lot of projects going at once and they also do work for Shelby. I'm sure many companies working with SAI are trying to figure out what's going on right now.

they are definately still in business, I got received my CF front splitter and satelite antenna cover.....

I didnt go to them direct, I went thru Champion Mustang and got 10% off the listed prices......

try JD, he was my contact....

J.D. Saxon

Champion Mustang

www.championmustang.com

modern@championmustang.com

Phone: 817-715-9749

Fax: 817-615-3432

STUFF IS BEAUTIFUL!

I have sent Mike Smith multiple emails, no reply. I have attempted to order from their website, my cart stays empty even when I add an item to my cart. I have signed up on their website in order to order something, but I am getting no where. I call the 702 643 3888 from their site, it has been disconnected. I call the 818 988 number, it has been changed. I call the changed number and get an auto attendent, I press the option for customer service it rings with no answer and I end up back in the main menu, I dial 0 for the operator, no one answers and back to the main menu.....................I'm just trying to spend some $$$ with them. Are they still in business??

Robert

Robert we're still here please email me your information 00smith@msn.com Raceskinz is fine, we went through a very rough patch and we relocated 3 facilities within a month we apologize things have been a little crazy we have lots of new products and will be changing the website soon.

Thanks

Mike

Yup, saw, spoke to, and shook Mike's hand yesterday at the FFF show. As he states above, aside from some logistal changes the last few months, all is well at Raceskinz.

As always, it was great to see you again Mike! salute.gif

they are definately still in business, I got received my CF front splitter and satelite antenna cover.....

I didnt go to them direct, I went thru Champion Mustang and got 10% off the listed prices......

try JD, he was my contact....

J.D. Saxon

Champion Mustang

www.championmustang.com

modern@championmustang.com

Phone: 817-715-9749

Fax: 817-615-3432

STUFF IS BEAUTIFUL!

On orders over $100 you should be able to use the discount code 'FIND' for another 5% off.

Robert we're still here please email me your information 00smith@msn.com Raceskinz is fine, we went through a very rough patch and we relocated 3 facilities within a month we apologize things have been a little crazy we have lots of new products and will be changing the website soon.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Sent you an e-mail. I'm hoping you can help me get the satellite antenna cover that I ordered last year.

• 1 month later...

R

R

I do not have the CF mudflaps, but I do have a the CF fuel door cover from Raceskinz if you are interested. Make me an offer. I went without the mudflaps when I switched to the CF rear diffuser. Hang in there with Raceskinz if you have already placed your order. They usually take care of the companies with supplies before their individual customers. It took me a few months to get my CF diffuser and that was after I complained that SAI had them on the shelf cheaper than what I bought them direct for (as stated previously RS supplies SAI). They shipped it out promptly then. Very nice folks at RS though with great craftsmanship. I would order again if needed.

Charles

Archived