TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Press Release

Staff

shelby-american-logo.jpg

• Shelby American is ramping up production of 2011 GT350 and Super Snake

• 2011 Ford Mustangs in transit to Shelby American for transformation into new GT350’s

• Shelby Performance Parts becomes major emphasis

• John Luft assumes operational responsibilities

SHELBY AMERICAN GEARS UP PRODUCTION OF 2011 GT350, SUPER SNAKE AND PERFORMANCE PARTS BUSINESS

LAS VEGAS – April 20, 2010 – The board of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI:PK) has announced today that production is ramping up for the first shipment of Ford Mustang GT’s, which are in transit to be transformed into Shelby GT350’s at its Shelby American subsidiary in Las Vegas. In addition, the company continues to grow its Shelby Performance Parts division with products for the 2005-2011 Ford Mustang, GT500 and Shelby GT.

“I still show up 50 years later, guiding and directing this great Shelby American team in Las Vegas that you’ve grown to know and trust,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby American. “I’ve brought in John Luft, who has been president of Shelby Licensing for the past decade. He will be responsible for leveraging these companies in support of the one Shelby brand.”

Over the past six months, Carroll Shelby International introduced Shelby Nation, distributed a new merchandising catalog and built a parts business.

“We’ve retooled our production lines in Las Vegas to focus on the new GT350 and the Super Snake, beefed up our Shelby Performance Parts business and looked for ways to integrate all the units in a more cohesive way,” stated Mr. Luft. “Now that Ford is beginning to turn out the 2011 Mustang GT and GT500, we can’t wait to start putting our latest cars on the road. The future is bright at Shelby American.”

CFO Keith Belair, vice presidents Gary Davis, Gary Patterson and Jim Owens will continue at Shelby American. As well as growing the car business, they will also be responsible for building the newly integrated Shelby Performance Parts company. In addition, a chassis dyno was recently installed at the new “Shelby American Motorsports Speed Shop” at the Las Vegas location. The shop is now open for Shelby performance tuning.

For inquiries about the Shelby GT350, GT500 Super Snake, performance parts program or new speed shop, call (702) 942-7325.

About Shelby American, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American Inc., (www.shelbyamerican.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Shelby American is a division of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of Carroll Shelby's trademarks and vehicle design rights. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. Info is at www.carrollshelbyinternational.com.

###

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...... Is Amy still on vacation? The statement is actually pretty vague on Mr. Luft's role. Is he taking over the entire show and everyone now reports up to him, including Amy, does his postion complement Amy, or does it secede Amy?

If she has parted with Shelby America how about a public parting thank you and show of gratitude for her many years of service?

So...... Is Amy still on vacation? The statement is actually pretty vague on Mr. Luft's role. Is he taking over the entire show and everyone now reports up to him, including Amy, does his postion complement Amy, or does it secede Amy?

I think this line covers that.....

CFO Keith Belair, vice presidents Gary Davis, Gary Patterson and Jim Owens will continue at Shelby American.

I heard the door slam

And I couldn't tell

Was it just the wind

Or was she mad again

Ah hell she's gettin' in her car

I hallard baby is there somethin' wrong

Thought I heard her say something

Sounded like I'm gone

But these days gone can mean so many things

Well there's gone for good and there's good and gone

Then there's gone with the long before it

I wish she'd been just a little more clear

Theres gone for the day and gone for the night

Gone for the rest of your dog-gone life

Is it whiskey night or just a couple of beers

I mean what kinda gone are we talkin' 'bout here

Well its gettin' dark out she ain't back yet

Ain't called home

Turned off the phone

Ah man this mighta not be good

Would have stopped her when she went to leave

But I didn't 'cause I didn't really think what I'm thinkin' now

Still not sure what gone is all about

Cause there's gone for good

And there's good and gone

And theres gone with the long before it

I wish she'd been just a little more clear

Well there's gone for the day and gone for the night

And gone for the rest of your dog-gone life

Is it whiskey night or just a couple of beers

I mean what kinda gone are we talkin' 'bout here

Is it the kinda gone she's at her moms' coolin' down she'll come around

Or the kind that says you had your chance she ain't comin' back

I think this line covers that.....

CFO Keith Belair, vice presidents Gary Davis, Gary Patterson and Jim Owens will continue at Shelby American.

I know what is not said is just as important as what is said, but I just don't understand when companies side-step and act as if everything is business as usuall. A change like this in any organization no mater how big or small is a big deal.

Maybe Mr. Shelby has other plans for Amy.

My understanding of the situation is that Amy resigned her position after a meeting with the lawers, After Bud was let go....Ken

I know we all what details....but I dont think those will ever be coming...and frankly they shouldnt have to.

Respect the privacy of those invloved and move on......

there has been a change......the exact reasons arent really anyones business.

Speculating about the circumstances has no value and only serves to increase the rumor mill.

IMO.

I know we all what details....but I dont think those will ever be coming...and frankly they shouldnt have to.

Respect the privacy of those invloved and move on......

there has been a change......the exact reasons arent really anyones business.

Speculating about the circumstances has no value and only serves to increase the rumor mill.

IMO.

Agreed, no one needs the dirt. But, it would be nice to have some acknowledgemnt of the loss to Shelby America in addition to what it has gained.

By the way, congradulations to Mr. Luft! All of TS looks forward to Shelby America's continued success.

I know what is not said is just as important as what is said, but I just don't understand when companies side-step and act as if everything is business as usuall. A change like this in any organization no mater how big or small is a big deal.

Maybe Mr. Shelby has other plans for Amy.

Maybe it's for Amy to run a Shelby speedshop in Miami....I know, I know, in my dreams.

Well, Amy it was a pleasure meeting you at the run in Terlingua and for giving my wife and I a lifetime opportunity to see CS and see some amazing cars. You always were a straight shooter which I like. Hope to see ya around.

I could care less as to the why, but would like to at least know who's left and what their function is! It's obvious that Patterson, Davis, Owens, Robert and Sharon are all still around. However, it's muddy in terms of Roger and Amy?

The speedshop will be a blessing for Shelby. . .there are things that it can do that as a manufacturer, SAI cannot.

Other then custom tuning and bolt on parts, will you offer custom built engines, clutch upgrades, roll cages, etc?

John Luft's Biography

John Luft - President, CFO, Director John Luft, President of Carroll Shelby International Inc., is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations and all financial reporting of the Company which is the parent of Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles. His responsibilities include; global brand extension and positioning, all sales, marketing, advertising and branding opportunities, strategic partnerships and programs, existing and new product development, market and business plan development.Mr. Luft joined Carroll Shelby Licensing in 2000 after serving 2 years at SkyNet Holdings, Inc. as Sr. Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and Business Development. During his tenure, he was responsible for managing the company's global branding, planning launch strategies for international markets and developing and implementing all of SkyNet's advertising and promotional initiatives.Previously, Mr. Luft spent 13 years with the Hilton Hotels Corporation. He served as Director of Global and Strategic Partnership & Product Development for 4 years where he was responsible for developing various Hilton innovations. In his first seven years at Hilton, Mr. Luft served as corporate director of U.S. Marketing, where he helped improve revenues and profitability as well as providing day-to-day supervisory support to Hilton's regional offices.Mr. Luft also worked for the Walt Disney Company as Director of Resorts/Attractions Marketing at the Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort in Orlando, Florida. In that capacity, Mr. Luft developed and executed the company's annual marketing plan strategy and represented Walt Disney World resorts in Disney's Synergy's programs and initiatives.A graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Mr.Luft holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Speech Communications.

I apologize in advance but who is Luft?

Mr. Luft is a pretty squared away guy. I have dealt with him a couple of times. He certainly deserves our support in the days ahead as he steers the good ship Shelby through the rocky shoals.

Jim

John Luft's Biography

John Luft - President, CFO, Director John Luft, President of Carroll Shelby International Inc., is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations and all financial reporting of the Company which is the parent of Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles. His responsibilities include; global brand extension and positioning, all sales, marketing, advertising and branding opportunities, strategic partnerships and programs, existing and new product development, market and business plan development.Mr. Luft joined Carroll Shelby Licensing in 2000 after serving 2 years at SkyNet Holdings, Inc. as Sr. Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and Business Development. During his tenure, he was responsible for managing the company's global branding, planning launch strategies for international markets and developing and implementing all of SkyNet's advertising and promotional initiatives.Previously, Mr. Luft spent 13 years with the Hilton Hotels Corporation. He served as Director of Global and Strategic Partnership & Product Development for 4 years where he was responsible for developing various Hilton innovations. In his first seven years at Hilton, Mr. Luft served as corporate director of U.S. Marketing, where he helped improve revenues and profitability as well as providing day-to-day supervisory support to Hilton's regional offices.Mr. Luft also worked for the Walt Disney Company as Director of Resorts/Attractions Marketing at the Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort in Orlando, Florida. In that capacity, Mr. Luft developed and executed the company's annual marketing plan strategy and represented Walt Disney World resorts in Disney's Synergy's programs and initiatives.A graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Mr.Luft holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Speech Communications.

I was reading that an half hour ago too. You can't hide on the Internet.

Archived