TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Press Release

Staff

The 350 is a post title car. The car must have a registered owner to have it built. Will there be some dealers that figure out a way to cheat the system? Probably, but then they have to sit on $35,000 for the upfit that they can't floor with the FoMoCo credit or their local bank.

I don't think that many dealers will take that deal.

And unless somesort of miricle happens in the future, there will be no more ship through programs with FoMoCo and Shelby. Consider the SGT's and the GTH's as the one and only group of cars that were built like the 1965-1967 Shelby cars were.

:whew:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unofficial by my research of posted info from various sites:

SHELBY PRODUCTION:

SHELBY GT-H 2006 500 TOTAL COUPE

SHELBY GT-H 2007 500 TOTAL CONV

SHELBY GT 2007 5632 TOTAL 2259 WHITE CP 3373 BLACK CP

SHELBY GT 2008 2171 TOTAL 1376 CP 745 CV

TOTAL 8803

SVT SHELBY GT500

2007 10,844 TOTAL 8,150 CP 2,694 CV

2008 8,583 TOTAL 6,513 CP 2,070 CV

2009 3,004 TOTAL 2,449 CP 555 CV INCL 1,000 KR CP

2010 4,458 TOTAL 3,545 CP 913 CV INCL 571 KR CP

TOTAL 21,670

2011+ GT350 production is supposed to be limited to 2200 units.

OOOPS!blush.gif Sorry about that...YES, KR's too!

I like to associate the '08-'09 KR's to what the '67 GT500 was, the last big block that Shelby American had their hands on BEFORE the consumer could buy it from a Ford dealer. If SAI never makes another pre-title Mustang, that will be just fine with me!

RE: Shelby Part business.

When are those NEW Shelby parts coming?

Specifically, the rear end suspension - traction control parts.

Status?

I found JLT is offering an Oil Separator. Very nice. Billet aluminum. and offered in optional black anodized. :happy feet:

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_40_41&products_id=315

This is very nice. Who has installed this? How is it working?

I also see METCO is making a Valve Cover Breather.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_40_41&products_id=265

Seems like a great idea. Who has installed this? How is it working?

RE: Shelby Part business.

I also see METCO is making a Valve Cover Breather.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_40_41&products_id=265

"This breather will reduce the effectiveness of the vehicle's PCV system, and it is not emissions-legal."

Jim

SHELBY PRODUCTION:

TOTAL 8803

SVT SHELBY GT500

TOTAL 21,670

Correction- Shelby production

2008 1011 KR

2009 712 KR

A KR style fiberglass hood for the 2010 and up GTs would be a great parts item to bring to market.

You can order a super snake style hood that looks like the KR. We don't need " no stinkin' KR faux parts " out there, Ha HA !!!

SHELBY PRODUCTION:

TOTAL 8803

SVT SHELBY GT500

TOTAL 21,670

What about the Orange Shelby GT's?

The 350 is a post title car. The car must have a registered owner to have it built. Will there be some dealers that figure out a way to cheat the system? Probably, but then they have to sit on $35,000 for the upfit that they can't floor with the FoMoCo credit or their local bank.

I don't think that many dealers will take that deal.

And unless somesort of miricle happens in the future, there will be no more ship through programs with FoMoCo and Shelby. Consider the SGT's and the GTH's as the one and only group of cars that were built like the 1965-1967 Shelby cars were.

Well, to be fair, the little Shelby GLHS's and CSX's produced in his Shelby Whittier plant ('86-'89) also qualify.

Well, to be fair, the little Shelby GLHS's and CSX's produced in his Shelby Whittier plant ('86-'89) also qualify.

Fair enough. I have to admit that I overlooked those cars too. My apologies to the SDAC owners. salute.gif

what about the 08-09KR's :headscratch:

"PLEASE BUY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS WHENEVER POSSIBLE; NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE! "

Absolutely, I live in Canada and bought a winter home in Arizona and just bought a 2009 Porsche Cayenne from a dealer in Texas. And off to Arizona Monday to buy another home there. (The Porsche is not made in the USA, but I gave a Car dealer in the USA my money)

I love the USA and their citizens.

MM

what about the 08-09KR's headscratch.gif

I covered that error/oversight in post #120.

"PLEASE BUY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS WHENEVER POSSIBLE; NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE! "

Absolutely, I live in Canada and bought a winter home in Arizona and just bought a 2009 Porsche Cayenne from a dealer in Texas. And off to Arizona Monday to buy another home there. (The Porsche is not made in the USA, but I gave a Car dealer in the USA my money)

I love the USA and their citizens.

MM

Umm, did you read the topic, or did you just blindly click and post? Even if you did find the right section, what does A Porsche have to do with American, and why lump us Texans with the rest of the country? :hysterical:

Crazy Cannucks...

On a related topic, I bought a Toyota tundra because A. its built in my hometown, and B. I like the option of telling a cop my accelerator stuck when I get pulled over.

I know we all what details....but I dont think those will ever be coming...and frankly they shouldnt have to.

Respect the privacy of those invloved and move on......

there has been a change......the exact reasons arent really anyones business.

Speculating about the circumstances has no value and only serves to increase the rumor mill.

IMO.

Well said

Shelby is a publically traded comapny. The public has every right to know what has actually happened, imo, though it's unlikely we ever will. There are ways to explain what happened without violating anyone's privacy. That's what announcements are for -- managing perception.

Speculation is what happens when a company doesn't adequately manage satisfaction of the demand for usefull information. Speculation necessarily fills a self-defining gap. Sharing it here in a public forum is a natural part of this 'community.'

Rightly or wrongly, whether AB was pulled to another opportunity or shoved out by the BoD provides usefull substantive insight, imo, into the workings of the Shelby organization.

While the public has no right to know the details of how it went down, they do have a right to know whether the position of president of SA is presently filled or vacant and, if filled, who occupies it -- the announcement never actually specified.

Of course, with a wink and a nod, execuive changes can be 'timed' to delay disclosure of such info until when it's more convenient, so, tehcnically, I must conclude that either AB is still [technically] president of SA and just on an extended 'walk-about' (temporary leave of absence) until such time as an orderly transition can be effected *or* AB has been removed and Mr.Luft is now the acting president of SA.

From the thinly-worded announcement, I must conclude it's the latter until the organization announces something to the contrary. Some my think that's speculation but I see it as a logical conclusion based on the known facts and the gaps that were left in the anouncement.

Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

they do have a right to know whether the position of president of SA is presently filled or vacant and, if filled, who occupies it -- the announcement never actually specified.

Of course, with a wink and a nod, execuive changes can be 'timed' to delay disclosure of such info until when it's more convenient, so, tehcnically, I must conclude that either AB is still [technically] president of SA and just on an extended 'walk-about' (temporary leave of absence) until such time as an orderly transition can be effected *or* AB has been removed and Mr.Luft is now the acting president of SA.

I guessz today's press release should have cleared that up by quoting John Luft as president of SA ;)

Archived