TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Press Release

Staff

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unknown?

Read the Press Release...

Waiting for the other information to come...

Rumors are what they are...

Facts can be understood and made comments on...

Tom

Who do I send my resume to for the open President's seat? :bowdown:

are you sure you want to be a CEO

2-5 year life span

have to answer to the share holders

negotiate your severance package up front

your a hired gun and the share holders will dump you when your done (even if you do a good job)

myself I will stick with the government; I am getting quite good at using lots of words to say nothing :hysterical:

Gentlemen,

"Change you can believe in" has required just about every private company in America to "Change like you can't believe" to survive. My company has had to make radical cutbacks and for the first time in my life I am not looking for opportunities to expand. I am looking for ways to hang on. Next year, after tax incomes for those of us who can and have purchased numerous Shelby automobiles are going to get smoked and expensive toys are the first things to go. God bless Shelby American and best of luck to them.

Chip

Gentlemen,

"Change you can believe in" has required just about every private company in America to "Change like you can't believe" to survive. My company has had to make radical cutbacks and for the first time in my life I am not looking for opportunities to expand. I am looking for ways to hang on. Next year, after tax incomes for those of us who can and have purchased numerous Shelby automobiles are going to get smoked and expensive toys are the first things to go. God bless Shelby American and best of luck to them.

Chip

The words of truth! Change what is going to be "left" in your pocket after this administration is through!

2-5 year life span

your a hired gun and the share holders will dump you when your done (even if you do a good job)

myself I will stick with the government; I am getting quite good at using lots of words to say nothing :hysterical:

Sure, I'll take that gig, be around horsepower and like minded individuals, get paid for it, get some cool cars to add to the collection, then the golden parachute in a few years....whats not to like, could do a lot worse...perhaps being with the same company for the past 25 years as I've been, a short term gig may be just what I need...

The speedshop will be a blessing for Shelby. . .there are things that it can do that as a manufacturer, SAI cannot.

As in forged stroker upgrade for my SGT/SC?

Please say yes Robert! The Shelby pedigree is very important to me...

Like Roger said to me last year, "We don't want your car, just your money!"

Well, you can have it_

Edit*** it was Roger, not Bud***

Gentlemen,

Chip

Please no politics. I really think we can discuss the topic without them.

Thanks!

2-5 year life span

Sounds good to me! When you're done, after getting the huge salary, bonuses and golden parachute, you can retire on easy street if desired!! :happy feet:

I know we all what details....but I dont think those will ever be coming...and frankly they shouldnt have to.

Respect the privacy of those invloved and move on......

there has been a change......the exact reasons arent really anyones business.

Speculating about the circumstances has no value and only serves to increase the rumor mill.

IMO.

Well said Mike!

Sounds good to me! When you're done, after getting the huge salary, bonuses and golden parachute, you can retire on easy street if desired!! :happy feet:

good luck with that

Not uncommon for a junk stock. CSBI is in a very tough business that is dependent on discretionary income which is evaporating by the day as the effects of a world economy hits the homeland.

+1

No crying over penny stocks .... :cry:

Gentlemen,

Chip

" I am looking for ways to hang on " ... at 220MPH! :evil2.0:

Chip ... Welcome to the Dark Side. :hysterical:

I just keep looking at the big picture and totally understand SA must make adjustments to align with current demand and survive during this economic downturn.

The last 3 years they've produced:

1,000 Shelby GT-Hs

1,700 KRs

10,000 to 15,000 Shelby GTs

2,000 to 3,000 Super Snakes

300 to 500 40th Annv

My numbers may be off....maybe someone can correct me (be nice).

Fast Forward to 2010:

300 to 400 Shelby GT350s

200 to 300 Super Snakes

I also realize they are still building Cobras and a few other specialty cars

My point is the markets have changed. They can no longer assembly line produce these cars at SA. The demand is not what is was.

It sounds like they are going back to being more of a mod shop and the speed shop could do well.

The most valuable marketable asset for SA now has to be the Carroll Shelby name. Due to the rebirth of these cars the next generation has been introduced to the Shelby Mustang. They might not have the money to buy one now but they might want a hat, shirt, jacket, and etc. If I were SA I would market the heck out of the brand. Their Shelby brand should be in every store in America. I'd like to walk into my local Walmart and see Shelby apparel. I think it would sell. America is now familiar with the brand. I remember a couple of years ago when the shelby minature cars were in Walgreens. They sold out immediately and they were 3x the price of the matchbox and other brands they carried.

Call me crazy (I'm sure someone will) but if selling hats at Walmart keeps them alive I'm all for it.

I wish everyone at SA the best during this transition.

SVT

I just keep looking at the big picture and totally understand SA must make adjustments to align with current demand and survive during this economic downturn.

1,000 Shelby GT-Hs

1,700 KRs

300 to 500 40th Annv

Fast Forward to 2010:

300 to 400 Shelby GT350s

200 to 300 Super Snakes

My point is the markets have changed. They can no longer assembly line produce these cars at SA. The demand is not what is was.

It sounds like they are going back to being more of a mod shop and the speed shop could do well.

The most valuable marketable asset for SA now has to be the Carroll Shelby name. Due to the rebirth of these cars the next generation has been introduced to the Shelby Mustang. They might not have the money to buy one now but they might want a hat, shirt, jacket, and etc. If I were SA I would market the heck out of the brand. Their Shelby brand should be in every store in America. I'd like to walk into my local Walmart and see Shelby apparel. I think it would sell. America is now familiar with the brand. I remember a couple of years ago when the shelby minature cars were in Walgreens. They sold out immediately and they were 3x the price of the matchbox and other brands they carried.

Call me crazy (I'm sure someone will) but if selling hats at Walmart keeps them alive I'm all for it.

SVT

Worked for Harley, why not?

1,000 Shelby GT-Hs

1,700 KRs

300 to 500 40th Annv

Fast Forward to 2010:

300 to 400 Shelby GT350s

200 to 300 Super Snakes

SVT

YOU KNOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA !!!

NICE MARKETING JOB " SVT AKA CRAZY " :hysterical:

NO YOUR NOT GROUNDED , BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO GO ON VACATION. :lol::hide:

SCOTTY

Oh s&*^ not the dreaded "vacation"! I promise to play nice and clean my room and eat my broccoli.

Archived