TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Press Release

Staff

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Luft's Biography

John Luft - President, CFO, Director John Luft, President of Carroll Shelby International Inc., is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations and all financial reporting of the Company which is the parent of Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles. His responsibilities include; global brand extension and positioning, all sales, marketing, advertising and branding opportunities, strategic partnerships and programs, existing and new product development, market and business plan development.Mr. Luft joined Carroll Shelby Licensing in 2000 after serving 2 years at SkyNet Holdings, Inc. as Sr. Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and Business Development. During his tenure, he was responsible for managing the company's global branding, planning launch strategies for international markets and developing and implementing all of SkyNet's advertising and promotional initiatives.Previously, Mr. Luft spent 13 years with the Hilton Hotels Corporation. He served as Director of Global and Strategic Partnership & Product Development for 4 years where he was responsible for developing various Hilton innovations. In his first seven years at Hilton, Mr. Luft served as corporate director of U.S. Marketing, where he helped improve revenues and profitability as well as providing day-to-day supervisory support to Hilton's regional offices.Mr. Luft also worked for the Walt Disney Company as Director of Resorts/Attractions Marketing at the Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort in Orlando, Florida. In that capacity, Mr. Luft developed and executed the company's annual marketing plan strategy and represented Walt Disney World resorts in Disney's Synergy's programs and initiatives.A graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Mr.Luft holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Speech Communications.

thats all fine and dandy, but how will this affect share price for investors..??

it was .21 yesterday....it keeps fluctuating as peeps dump and others buy.......hasnt gone lower than .19 or higher than .32 in over a year.........

Not uncommon for a junk stock. CSBI is in a very tough business that is dependent on discretionary income which is evaporating by the day as the effects of a world economy hits the homeland.

I'm not trying to read in-between the lines in the announcement, but no mention about the production of the SGT Certificates. I have to wonder if they will ever be available now that everyone involved is gone....... :rolleyes:

I might put another grand or two today into the stock. Its either going to go up or bankrupt and usually when a person goes broke once they never make that mistake again.

I think Carroll is a smart man and puts people in power that will make things happen.

I'm not trying to read in-between the lines in the announcement, but no mention about the production of the SGT Certificates. I have to wonder if they will ever be available now that everyone involved is gone....... :rolleyes:

I'm sure we will get ours in the mean time look who got theirs....

http://www.gtcsregistry.com/

:backtotopic:

John Luft's Biography

John Luft - President, CFO, Director John Luft, President of Carroll Shelby International Inc., is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations and all financial reporting of the Company which is the parent of Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles. His responsibilities include; global brand extension and positioning, all sales, marketing, advertising and branding opportunities, strategic partnerships and programs, existing and new product development, market and business plan development.Mr. Luft joined Carroll Shelby Licensing in 2000 after serving 2 years at SkyNet Holdings, Inc. as Sr. Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and Business Development. During his tenure, he was responsible for managing the company's global branding, planning launch strategies for international markets and developing and implementing all of SkyNet's advertising and promotional initiatives.Previously, Mr. Luft spent 13 years with the Hilton Hotels Corporation. He served as Director of Global and Strategic Partnership & Product Development for 4 years where he was responsible for developing various Hilton innovations. In his first seven years at Hilton, Mr. Luft served as corporate director of U.S. Marketing, where he helped improve revenues and profitability as well as providing day-to-day supervisory support to Hilton's regional offices.Mr. Luft also worked for the Walt Disney Company as Director of Resorts/Attractions Marketing at the Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort in Orlando, Florida. In that capacity, Mr. Luft developed and executed the company's annual marketing plan strategy and represented Walt Disney World resorts in Disney's Synergy's programs and initiatives.A graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Mr.Luft holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Speech Communications.

AWESOME WERE ALL GOING TO DISNEY LAND !!! :shift::doh:

SCOTTY

it was .21 yesterday....it keeps fluctuating as peeps dump and others buy.......hasnt gone lower than .19 or higher than .32 in over a year.........

all that I am saying is that you would think someday that this stock will break away from this trading range and really start to move..

if you were in the buss building business and you publicly came out and said " we just signed a contract to build 500 buses, and we need to ramp up production", then, yes the stock should gain in value....the same would hold true if you said " sorry guys, we lost a big contract and things dont look so good", well then the price would plummet...

all i HEAR and SEE is positives for the company, and I that there a huge potential here to make alot of money, but until i see some really big movement in volume, I will continue to wait on the sidelines..............

all that I am saying is that you would think someday that this stock will break away from this trading range and really start to move..

if you were in the buss building business and you publicly came out and said " we just signed a contract to build 500 buses, and we need to ramp up production", then, yes the stock should gain in value....the same would hold true if you said " sorry guys, we lost a big contract and things dont look so good", well then the price would plummet...

all i HEAR and SEE is positives for the company, and I that there a huge potential here to make alot of money, but until i see some really big movement in volume, I will continue to wait on the sidelines..............

I like many of you I have been in the customer service business for many years and know first hand what providing customer service is all about. Those of us in the service or sales business hear it coming up and down the chain of command every day, service, service, service. If this is truly a change in leadership at SA I would hope a completely new customer service philosophy is in order. Not to say that every encounter with SA is negative, it's not. This is not a slam on the current or former SA employees. Employees must have the tools, training and resources to take care of it’s customers. I would bet the customer satisfaction rate at SA is in the high 90th percentile. We primarily hear the negative feedback 10 fold over the positive.

The one thing I would change if I were in charge is to make sure every phone call is answered and every email is replied to. Employees must follow through with promises to either call back or email back. Nothing upsets customers more than being ignored, again and again. I do have first hand knowledge of this. Another thing customers can’t be told is something is coming or something is changing and it never comes or changes.

IMO many times companies in such as SA selling a very popular product can get a complex thinking they are the only game in town, that may be true for some items. The trick is to have the training and leadership, corporate core values in place to make employees understand that while customers may only be able to get certain items from them, customers have many solutions these days and can either adapt something else or go in a completely different direction when their primary source provides inadequate customer service or gives poor excuses. Excuses like being short staffed, bad phone system, supply line issues are problems of corporate management, most customer care nothing about these internal problems. All he/she wants is service and product, nothing else.

Today, corporations spend millions of dollars on advertising luring potential customers to their products and services. Here, the company need only take care of it's current base of customers and we will in a large part assist in selling the product for them. SA customers are willing to pay a nice premium for their original vehicle purchase and pay a premium for future purchases, that must always be in the mind of employees. Nothing sells like a well taken care of customer.

I’ve only been a Shelby customer since October 2009 but I consider myself a loyal follower and like many others will continue to support the company, but at some point some things will have to change to stay competitive. Hopefully the future changes will be for the better. I hope this doesn’t upset anyone, it’s not meant too, just my own personal observations.

Mr. Luft joined Carroll Shelby Licensing in 2000 after serving 2 years at SkyNet

SkyNet? Wasn't that the computer network that destroyed the world in Terminator 3?

Seriously though, all the best to Mr. Luft and his team. I've always been a very proud owner of a Shelby, and nothing but completely satisfied in my dealings with everyone at SAI.

AWESOME WERE ALL GOING TO DISNEY LAND !!! :shift::doh:

SCOTTY

If Dubai can have Ferrari World and Universal Orlando can get Harry Potter, I don't see why Disney World can't do a Shelby themed area. I'd finally get off my lazy behind and make my way there.

Seriously, I've been lurking/watchign/whatever the last few days as this has unfolded and wish Amy and Bud the best in their new endevours. I also wish the new guys at the top luck in guding the ship through these troubled times. I think we know who to thank for keeping the brand alive and flourishing and I hope they knwo th eappreciation that is out there for them and the hard work they have put in to make us happy. This is not a kind business, and long term relationships/emplyment is the rarity not the norm.

God Bless them, and all of us for the chance to enjoy that which we are fortunate enough to partake in and here's to the hope of a bright future for all involved.

SO, will the Forum "Q & A with Shelby Autos President, Amy Boylan" change to "Q & A with Shelby Autos President, Mr. Luft"? Or is He not really a "Hands On" type of Guy? Will He be a regular on this Site or not?

I just read this entire thread and have to say that it seems to me that EL SHELBY is the only person asking the right questions.

The announcement didn't address AB at all. Mr. Luft assuming operational control of a business whose parent business he's already in operational control of, is tantamount, imo, to saying AB's position is vacant and a replacement will be named in due time. But that was never said.

I'm hugely disappounted that SA didn't release a statement that actually addresses the question of who, if anyone, is the president of SA.

I won't translate that announcement sentence by sentence because I'd get banned if I did, but what it is clearly trying to convey, imo, is:

- everything's great at SI, SA nd SL. CS and Mr. Luft are in charge. Nothing to see here; move along, Johnny -lol

- our business is doing fine: we're still doing the GT350 and MY'10SSs and even opening a speed shop

Most likely that was intended to now pave the way for announcing a relacement for AB as president of SA in due time -- executive searches take time. Does anyone here really think Mr. Luft took a demotion and has replaced AB ...very doubtfull, imo. If so, who replaced him as operations manger of the parent company, SI? If he's doing both jobs, how can that be? Did SA not really need a president? That's rediculous since Amy worked her butt off, whether you agree with her decisions/style or not.

Conclusion: the above announcement was necessarily intended to quell all the rumors until CS/SI/BoD decides what to do about the plainly vacant executive slot at the top of SA -- assuming it's vacant, since it was not addressed in the announcement.

Just my opinion. Sad that we need to be in fear of expressing honest opinions here -- and, no, I won't translate that announcement sentence by sentence -lol. Not only is it appropriate to speculate on such matters that are not explicitly addressed, it's imperitive to do so to decipher how the business is being managed so, as a stockholder, appropriate decisions can be made. Change can be very good; but first you have to figure out what the change is.

Ok, I'll wait for the next announcement -- even if it takes a few months -- it *will* happen when this 'holding-pattern' is resolved. salute.gif

I just read this entire thread and have to say that it seems to me that EL SHELBY is the only person asking the right questions.

The announcement didn't address AB at all. Mr. Luft assuming operational control of a business whose parent business he's already in operational control of, is tantamount, imo, to saying AB's position is vacant and a replacement will be named in due time. But that was never said.

I'm hugely disappounted that SA didn't release a statement that actually addresses the question of who, if anyone, is the president of SA.

I won't translate that announcement sentence by sentence because I'd get banned if I did, but what it is clearly trying to convey, imo, is:

- everything's great at SI, SA nd SL. CS and Mr. Luft are in charge. Nothing to see here; move along, Johnny -lol

- our business is doing fine: we're still doing the GT350 and MY'10SSs and even opening a speed shop

Most likely that was intended to now pave the way for announcing a relacement for AB as president of SA in due time -- executive searches take time. Does anyone here really think Mr. Luft took a demotion and has replaced AB ...very doubtfull, imo. If so, who replaced him as operations manger of the parent company, SI? If he's doing both jobs, how can that be? Did SA not really need a president? That's rediculous since Amy worked her butt off, whether you agree with her decisions/style or not.

Conclusion: the above announcement was necessarily intended to quell all the rumors until CS/SI/BoD decides what to do about the plainly vacant executive slot at the top of SA -- assuming it's vacant, since it was not addressed in the announcement.

Just my opinion. Sad that we need to be in fear of expressing honest opinions here -- and, no, I won't translate that announcement sentence by sentence -lol. Not only is it appropriate to speculate on such matters that are not explicitly addressed, it's imperitive to do so to decipher how the business is being managed so, as a stockholder, appropriate decisions can be made. Change can be very good; but first you have to figure out what the change is.

Ok, I'll wait for the next announcement -- even if it takes a few months -- it *will* happen when this 'holding-pattern' is resolved. salute.gif

That pretty much sums up my take on this PR as well.

SO, will the Forum "Q & A with Shelby Autos President, Amy Boylan" change to "Q & A with Shelby Autos President, Mr. Luft"? Or is He not really a "Hands On" type of Guy? Will He be a regular on this Site or not?

I doubt very much there will be much participation from the senior management team. If it were my company it would be forbidden except for posting press releases. Some of the info has always been on the verge of what the SEC allows - production info, product announcements, etc. (i.e., anything that could affect financials) need to be made available to all shareholders simultaneously. Typically this is press releases.

In that respect, the subforum for QA with the Executive team has only limitied value and probably outbound only.

I questioned this years ago.

I do hope that technical contributions by staff will continue. An example is Bud's answers to questions.

Just my 2c.

I'm sure we will get ours in the mean time look who got theirs....

http://www.gtcsregistry.com/

:backtotopic:

I wonder if, in addition to what SA will be providing as part of the Registry, if we can get something like this for the SGT from Ford! Anyone know this group? Maybe find out the process that worked for them and who the contact(s) were? Takes nothing from the SA Certificate and would be a nice addition to it!

IMHO!

Archived