TEAM SHELBY FORUM

curbed exhaust tip

Torched10

Well, somehow i managed to go over one of those concrete markers in a parking lot---the front was fine, but one of my exhaust tips was flattened on the bottom.Trying to get it "perfecrly round" has ben difficult.Do you guys know of anyone making a stock looking 4in exhaust tip for the 2010 so i can return to the round look.Or do you have a way of making it round again--thanks

Well, somehow i managed to go over one of those concrete markers in a parking lot---the front was fine, but one of my exhaust tips was flattened on the bottom.Trying to get it "perfecrly round" has ben difficult.Do you guys know of anyone making a stock looking 4in exhaust tip for the 2010 so i can return to the round look.Or do you have a way of making it round again--thanks

weird----another post on same subject?/Moderator, feel free to kill mine---bob

hey torch10 ; funny this should come up. i think im gonna get some kr mufflers but i cant stand the tips!

the other day i was at the speed shop and went down the muffler isle wow what an assortment of

tips .theyer proud of em though. gonna get the kr's and have the right tips put on.pics to follow.

let us know what you wind up doing--i did find a site which had rolled tip exhaust for a Shelby GT, but not sure they'll fit a 2010--but they are marked shelby on them.I saw themat a car show on a Shelby GT--they looked very good--heres a link http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-exhaust-tips-0509gt.html

hey torch10 ; funny this should come up. i think im gonna get some kr mufflers but i cant stand the tips!

the other day i was at the speed shop and went down the muffler isle wow what an assortment of

tips .theyer proud of em though. gonna get the kr's and have the right tips put on.pics to follow.

Don't forget the KR's have that resonator mesh in the tips..I don't know if it will change the sound but something to consider.

If you want to retain your original tip and just want to repair it, most/all muffler shops have a hydraulic pipe bender that can also spread pipe to. They spread pipe all the time in order to make slip joints between two adjoining pipes.

A good muffler shop should be able to remove your muffler and reopen the tip for you.

Archived