TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby: Next version in the works

robertlane

We are working on some final changes for the next version of Team Shelby. The current version was introduced in late December 2009. We're looking toward adding new features and while the site is pretty stable and quick, we also want to make page load times faster.

One idea we're also toying with is adding a speedy design that won't be as graphic rich, hence will load faster.

We are working on some final changes for the next version of Team Shelby. The current version was introduced in late December 2009. We're looking toward adding new features and while the site is pretty stable and quick, we also want to make page load times faster.

One idea we're also toying with is adding a speedy design that won't be as graphic rich, hence will load faster.

Robert,

As always, you and Sharon are always looking to improve your performance! Thanks again...

Stuart

Along this line another suggestion would be a version that would work on a Blackberry. There are far too many graphics and panes to be navigable. I gave up.

Robert,

During the last software change I asked a question that never was resolved. It has to do with a persons topic's being accessed in their profile.

You said you would look into it.

Will this be fixed during the next upgrade ?

Will it remain optimized for Firefox? Thanks.

Jim

All browsers.

Can I suggest a sample interface we can use. The last new skin was not well received.

It will be simple and clean.

Along this line another suggestion would be a version that would work on a Blackberry. There are far too many graphics and panes to be navigable. I gave up.

Yes, we need a mobile look - also with less intensive graphics.

Robert,

During the last software change I asked a question that never was resolved. It has to do with a persons topic's being accessed in their profile.

You said you would look into it.

Will this be fixed during the next upgrade ?

Sorry - I thought I answered this. Due to resources, it only shows the last 200. We will address this.

All browsers.

It will be simple and clean.

Yes, we need a mobile look - also with less intensive graphics.

Sorry - I thought I answered this. Due to resources, it only shows the last 200. We will address this.

Any chance on getting member search back? If its here, i missed it, Thanks, ken

This is great news! I have dropped my visits to the site significantly due to loading issues and stopped visiting on my phone completely! Thanks Robert for moving this in the right direction!

That's cool. A mobile version would be nice. This one is a pig on my phone. :D

Agreed, phone optimized version would be great!

I posted the links to the phone skins for the software used here but anything that makes it easier for quick review on the phone would be great.

Oh...and PLEASE NO FLASH!!!!!!!

No biggie, just go to the parts bin, and grab a supercharger to bolt on, that'll make it faster :headscratch:

In its current format, fine on a computer, not good on iPhone...but i'm sure whatever you do, it'll be good !

Much less graphic intensive is a good idea!!

A search engine improvement would be good too. To me, the current is worse than the original.

Robert, could you add the "hover" text for the topic titles that shows the first few lines of the initial posting? I find that very helpful and useful on other forums.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Agreed, phone optimized version would be great!

I posted the links to the phone skins for the software used here but anything that makes it easier for quick review on the phone would be great.

Oh...and PLEASE NO FLASH!!!!!!!

I don't see any links?

How about only having to log-in once?

That's an issue on your end - cookie setting.

Much less graphic intensive is a good idea!!

A search engine improvement would be good too. To me, the current is worse than the original.

I don't agree that's is worse, but yet, we're working on an improvement.

Robert, could you add the "hover" text for the topic titles that shows the first few lines of the initial posting? I find that very helpful and useful on other forums.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

We will add that.

Archived