TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hmm quick question

swampfox

was wondering if anybody ever exhibited a noise when turning the wheel ( not talking about when it is fully extended and you here the power steering, im talking even a little bit you here a noise? my only though was that it could be maybe due to the need of a tbs with the sizes of the bushings on the control arms, hmmm but idk sorda sounds like a rubbing noise a bit any thoughts?

If you have headers your steering column may be rubbing on them. Mine did that when they were first installed and I had to loosen up the K member and nudge it slightly to the right to clear.

If you have headers your steering column may be rubbing on them. Mine did that when they were first installed and I had to loosen up the K member and nudge it slightly to the right to clear.

are those LT or the FRPP Shorties that rub

+1 on the exhaust.

I had a rubbing sound on our Terlingua when turning left only; no sound when turning right. The rubbing gradually got louder and more frequent during less aggressive turns. Our Ford Tech used his microphone gadget during a test drive to locate the sound. It was the right cat rubbing the heat sheild under the passenger floor board. For the life of me it sounded like the passenger front tire rubbing the plastice inner fender liner...............

He adjusted the exhaust connections and there's been no noise for almost a year now.

+1 on the exhaust.

I had a rubbing sound on our Terlingua when turning left only; no sound when turning right. The rubbing gradually got louder and more frequent during less aggressive turns. Our Ford Tech used his microphone gadget during a test drive to locate the sound. It was the right cat rubbing the heat sheild under the passenger floor board. For the life of me it sounded like the passenger front tire rubbing the plastice inner fender liner...............

He adjusted the exhaust connections and there's been no noise for almost a year now.

Now that you mentione it my car only rubbed on right hand turns as well.

Archived