TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took my GT500 to the Dragstrip...

bpmurr

...and I suck! :)

I was up at Cecil County Dragway today and ran the car a dozen times. My best run was 12.622. I was having problems launching the car. I'd either spin like crazy or get bogged down. I kept having to make it up on the top end. I've got a fast street car, not so much at the track. It was a lot of fun though and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Just incase anyone is wondering

Stock weight including air pump and crap in my glove box and center console.

I'm 6'4 235lbs

Half a tank of gas

post-3104-127154248324_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike-

Nice meeting you today. I thought 12.6 was pretty good compared to what I did .. My best was like 13.48. Here you are whippin' up on me!

M.

It was nice meeting you as well. I had a lot of fun. You did fine for your first time. I know it's going to take me a while to get good at this. I'm glad you were able to get a picture. I was hoping somebody there might have some more and some videos.

My buddy with a 09 100% stock GT500 was running 12.5 last weekend. Bottom line is you need drag radials and/or slicks, and practice with the launch too.

MMFF 2010 SHELBY track test

Yeah, I need a lot of practice. I'm not use to the power level. Adding even more power over stock isn't helping with street tires.

My buddy with a 09 100% stock GT500 was running 12.5 last weekend. Bottom line is you need drag radials and/or slicks, and practice with the launch too.

MMFF 2010 SHELBY track test

Dam nice times on that stock 2010 with DR: 11.592... wow I need some more practice on my launch.

...and I suck! :)

I was up at Cecil County Dragway today and ran the car a dozen times. My best run was 12.622. I was having problems launching the car. I'd either spin like crazy or get bogged down. I kept having to make it up on the top end. I've got a fast street car, not so much at the track. It was a lot of fun though and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Just incase anyone is wondering

Stock weight including air pump and crap in my glove box and center console.

I'm 6'4 235lbs

Half a tank of gas

bpmurr, what size of hancook V12's did you put on and how do you like them?

bpmurr, what size of hancook V12's did you put on and how do you like them?

I replaced the Goodyears with the stock sizes front and back. At stock power levels and even with the Evo 93 Octane tune they hooked up much better. However, with the pulley swap and extra power it's lost some of that ability. It hooks up much better on the street then on the track. As you can see from the pic they are sticky!

I replaced the Goodyears with the stock sizes front and back. At stock power levels and even with the Evo 93 Octane tune they hooked up much better. However, with the pulley swap and extra power it's lost some of that ability. It hooks up much better on the street then on the track. As you can see from the pic they are sticky!

Thanks, I still can't believe that ford would put such a crappy tire on a 500hp car.

Thanks, I still can't believe that ford would put such a crappy tire on a 500hp car.

I'm sure it has to do with some kind of agreement Ford and Goodyear have with each other. If they really were serious about the best possible tire they'd put PS2s on the car and be done.

Archived