TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm such a dork....

jmn444

I keep telling myself they are JUST cars... but the wifey just took the SGT to pick up our babysitter, and I'm sitting here feeling all nervous about it! Only the 3rd time she's asked to drive it since I bought it though...

The only upside was that I got to see it and hear it moving down the street :D

I'm just picturing it sliding around scratching up something OR even worse stuck to the signed airbag cover or something lol...

She's actually really good with the cars, she knows I'm a nutcase... just had to kill some time on here before we get to go out...

I'm just picturing it sliding around scratching up something OR even worse stuck to the signed airbag cover or something lol...

She's actually really good with the cars, she knows I'm a nutcase... just had to kill some time on here before we get to go out...

Relax....she probably screwed it to the dash. :hysterical:

I don't get it? You guys act like your wives are uncapable of handling a car;my wife drove my 500 from LA to Vegas to display at SEMA then from LA back to Oklahoma . She drives my 69 500 and our Kirkham 427; My 16 year old son drives our GT-H while the trans is being replaced in his GT;My 13 year old daughter is learning to drive in our GT-H and older brother S-GT-C so she can master a stick.

THEY ARE TIN AND TIRES; yes part of the family but for ALL of the family

Doc Scott

I don't get it? You guys act like your wives are uncapable of handling a car;my wife drove my 500 from LA to Vegas to display at SEMA then from LA back to Oklahoma . She drives my 69 500 and our Kirkham 427; My 16 year old son drives our GT-H while the trans is being replaced in his GT;My 13 year old daughter is learning to drive in our GT-H and older brother S-GT-C so she can master a stick.

Doc Scott

Well put!

My wife has me going out with her a little to get her re-familiarized with a stick before we take it's first road trip to South Carolina.

She learned to drive a stick in a 75 Mach 1 four speed. Then we had a manual F150 five speed she handled very well. It is kind of like riding a bike, just the SGT is a lot more than that a Mustang II.

Looking forward to visiting son in Greenville and going onto Charleston for a few days.

Tom

My wife doesn't like driving mine because of the attention it gathers...and that's good!!! :happy feet:

LOL that is exactly how my wife feels. one day we were sitting in a turn lane, a group of guys coming the other direction stop right in the middle of the intersection to look at the SGT, then the yell out the window about what a great car I have. I totaly dig it she hates it.

Last year she was at my office and locked the keys in her car so while I am waiting for a lock smith. I tell her to take my car(SGT) to drop our son off at basket ball practice. So her and my son get in the car and he asks " Mom are you sure you know how to drive this" and then proceeds to tell her to be careful its a Shelby! (at the time he was 8). Daddy did a good job training him :) She has only driven it once since then and that was in a parade.

Edited by slbgtsc

Doc Scott

[/qu

You wife is standing over you while you type isn't she

Doc Scott

[/qu

:hysterical::hysterical:

Doc Scott

Honestly though, you can't expect every spouse to be as good a driver as yours. When mine drove... she proceeded to tailgate a dump truck, and then do 20 over in a construction zone (as if the car doesn't get enough attention already).

Trust me... she's not the caliber that I feel comfortable driving the Shelby. Granted, sure, it's "all tin and tires", but not to me. :)

Doc Scott

[/qu

No, Her dad and mine were both working in Ford Dealerships when we were born;We appreciate nice cars and care for them as such;In our families both boys and girls were taught to drive and respect the power beneath your right foot!

a S-Gt only makes 325 HP most of my wifes friends escalades and Mercedes have 100 HP on them.

I want to try and involve everyone in my addiction to these cars including our significant others,makes life alot more fun!!

Doc Scott

Honestly - I don't think that its really the fact that we think anyone is incapable of driving our Shelby GTs. . . . . . . I think it's a matter of simply this. . . . .

We'd prefer to be the one to damage it - we are trying to prevent someone from feeling absolutely horrible for damaging the Shelby - we'd prefer to only have ourselves to blame.

Imagine if you drove your buddies Shelby - you cracked it up - how would you feel?

I think what I am trying to say is - that if there's damage to my Shelby GT - I would want to be the one that caused it - I would only want myself to blame. I wouldn't want someone to feel bad for taking the car for a joyride and bringing it back with damage.

There was a day when I drove my Shelby to work - parked in the usual parking space. . . . . some of my co-workers were going to put the car on go-jacks and roll it across the parking lot and around behind the building to play a joke on me. Someone stopped them and said "Dude - you'd feel horrible if something happened to it. . . . . it's like his kid or something. . . . just leave it alone"

Yeah - it's kinda sad - but these cars are kinda like our kids or even simply just a part of the family - some people treat them differently - just make sure you take better care of your squeeze than you do your Shelby. They tend to get a little jealous otherwise.

If my wife got into my SGT she'd burn the frick'in wheels off it.