TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SMS 2011 460 Mustang Package Unveiling

Fontech

I had the pleasure in being invited to the SMS in Corona, CA for the unveiling of the SMS 460 Package for the 2011 Mustang. We all had a tour of the place, the unveiling of the 460 Package and lunch.

I will let the photos state the new 460 package and well as the SMS Plant.

SMS 2011 Mustang 460 Package

SMS2011New460Package_001.jpg

SMS2011New460Package_002.jpg

SMS2011New460Package_006.jpg

SMS2011New460Package_005.jpg

SMS2011New460Package_012.jpg

Tom

Great Pics, Thanks for sharing. I love the Green Challenger, wish it was Sublime Green. I am a little disapointed that he use some of the styling from the old Company on the New SMS Mustangs.

Umm.......I thought these guys went belly up..?

Super condensed version, you can find plenty of the facts out there all over:

Saleen married with Ford and moved/ran most of the operation out of MI. It went ugly and Steve Saleen was no longer part of the company Saleen. Saleen the company was pretty much run into the ground/not funded/or whatever, things went bad. Went out of business, sold inventory/sold company, now being run by a group of folks unrelated to Steve Saleen or Ford. Lots of uglys going on there of them using the Saleen name, now in a bunch of court stuff. Not sure where that will end up, but I doubt that they will be able to continue to use the Saleen name as that probably was a condition of the company going under. Who knows how that will end up for sure.

In the mean time, you can't hold a man like Steve down. He started a few ventures, even working to bring in a super cheap Chinese made car to the US as a manufacturer. I think that is totally dead now, but who knows for sure. Steve got some investors together and started where he belongs, building hot rods out of new cars. SMS (Steven Mark Saleen) is an entirely new company doing what they do. Build cool cars. They are doing both Challengers and Mustangs as you can see, and have other things up their sleeves. In a nut shell.

He also stepped up and offered to warrantee issues with cars built by the company that he was no longer a part of when they went under. That is a pretty cool thing for them to do. I've met and been around Steve in the racing world since the mid to late 80's with the SCCA World Challenge, Trucks, etc. He is a stand up guy and imagine will do very well again.

Great pix Tom, I really like that hot :censored: brunette.....oh, this is a car forum, sorry..They did a nice job with the Mustang, I'm sure it is even better looking live, on the otherside of the spectrum, that ugly hood on the Challenger looks like something you'd find at Toys'R'Us...what the heck are they thinking there?

Super condensed version, you can find plenty of the facts out there all over:

Saleen married with Ford and moved/ran most of the operation out of MI. It went ugly and Steve Saleen was no longer part of the company Saleen. Saleen the company was pretty much run into the ground/not funded/or whatever, things went bad. Went out of business, sold inventory/sold company, now being run by a group of folks unrelated to Steve Saleen or Ford. Lots of uglys going on there of them using the Saleen name, now in a bunch of court stuff. Not sure where that will end up, but I doubt that they will be able to continue to use the Saleen name as that probably was a condition of the company going under. Who knows how that will end up for sure.

In the mean time, you can't hold a man like Steve down. He started a few ventures, even working to bring in a super cheap Chinese made car to the US as a manufacturer. I think that is totally dead now, but who knows for sure. Steve got some investors together and started where he belongs, building hot rods out of new cars. SMS (Steven Mark Saleen) is an entirely new company doing what they do. Build cool cars. They are doing both Challengers and Mustangs as you can see, and have other things up their sleeves. In a nut shell.

He also stepped up and offered to warrantee issues with cars built by the company that he was no longer a part of when they went under. That is a pretty cool thing for them to do. I've met and been around Steve in the racing world since the mid to late 80's with the SCCA World Challenge, Trucks, etc. He is a stand up guy and imagine will do very well again.

Thanks for the update on Steve...hope he does well

THEY FIXED THE ASS END!!! happy%20feet.gif

AWESOME!!! superhero.gif

Saleen Aced the styleing again.................

If I was head of a modern day high performance upfitter and told my staff to

"FIX THAT FUGLY REAR END"..............It had better look better than the competitions

or I would be :censored: ed.........................................IMHO.............

Archived