TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Satellite Radio "hump"

FordGeek

Fellow SVT geeks,

I have yet to see a mustang with satellite radio. Do any of you know whether or not the antenna is located on top of the car (as in most cases). If so, I'll probably change my order to remove this option. From what I've seen with Dodge, BMW, and Lexus, the bulky "hump" enclosing the receiver might detract from the lines of the GT500 (not to mention disturb air flowing over the car as I'm driving 140 down the quarter :D !). Besides, I'm not much of radio fan anyway...but I thought it would add value to the car.

Fellow SVT geeks,

I have yet to see a mustang with satellite radio. Do any of you know whether or not the antenna is located on top of the car (as in most cases). If so, I'll probably change my order to remove this option. From what I've seen with Dodge, BMW, and Lexus, the bulky "hump" enclosing the receiver might detract from the lines of the GT500 (not to mention disturb air flowing over the car as I'm driving 140 down the quarter :D !). Besides, I'm not much of radio fan anyway...but I thought it would add value to the car.

themustangsource.com is having trouble with their server right now. When it comes back up, a guy that orders Ford parts has a schematic of it. It is on the trunk, in the middle between the spoiler and the back window. It looks just like the other manuf antennas.

themustangsource.com is having trouble with their server right now. When it comes back up, a guy that orders Ford parts has a schematic of it. It is on the trunk, in the middle between the spoiler and the back window. It looks just like the other manuf antennas.

Wow...sounds like it wouldn't look too attractive!

On the trunk? I suppose that make sense to Ford, not having to account for two different mounting spots between the coupe and vert. I wonder how it going to look? For some reason I'm envisioning a Tuna or shark.

Any luck getting the schematic?

I'm heading back to the dealerships today to see if I can spot one on a regular Mustang GT anywhere. If I do I'll snap a picture & post it for all to see unless someone already does (Five Oh B do you)?

Archived