TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Barcode

Hertz Barcode Stickers  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the barcodes???

• Yes, keep them on for the history of the car!
    • No, get rid of them so it doesn't look like it's still a rental!

I am looking for some opinions. My car still has the barcode stickers from when it was at Hertz. One on the windshield and one on each of the rear quarter windows. Should I keep them on the car for originality or remove them since really there is no value to keeping them on. The car is a higher mileage car that is going to be driven. If it was a 500 mile car for a museum, I would definately keep them on.

Let me know what you think or what you did.

Personally, I like all the Hertz bits on my GT-H. It makes it just a little more unique. Many people I meet with my GT-H are surprised it was a rental car, so having the Hertz bar codes just adds to the story.

I am looking for some opinions. My car still has the barcode stickers from when it was at Hertz. One on the windshield and one on each of the rear quarter windows. Should I keep them on the car for originality or remove them since really there is no value to keeping them on. The car is a higher mileage car that is going to be driven. If it was a 500 mile car for a museum, I would definately keep them on.

Let me know what you think or what you did.

The bar codes will eventually start to deteriorate so I decided to remove the barcodes that were on the glass of the car. I carefully peeled them off (used a razor blade to get under the barcode) and stuck them on decal backer paper. I left the door jamb barcodes and Hertz Maintenance sticker in place. I took pictures of the car with the barcodes on, then placed the pictures and barcodes in my car show display book.

When I purchased my GT-H it still had all the labels including the one on the winshield ("Hertz") and I took that one off. If we took the car anywhere people would leave handprints all over the car. Once I removed it for safekeeping this didnt happen again. As for the other labels we just left them on. Did you find the secret envelope in the trunk which included replacement lables, key tag, manuals and spare remote?

I'd love to see pictures of the Hertz markings. I don't seem to have any remaining on my car, and don't know why. I've got some sticker residue in the shape of an arrow on the inside of the gas cap, but don't even know what that looked like. I'm guessing it was a notice to use 91 octane or better.

If someone has pictures but doesn't want to post them to cut down on possible use for making a clone, PM me and I'll give you my email address to send them to.

Tom

I'd love to see pictures of the Hertz markings. I don't seem to have any remaining on my car, and don't know why. I've got some sticker residue in the shape of an arrow on the inside of the gas cap, but don't even know what that looked like. I'm guessing it was a notice to use 91 octane or better.

If someone has pictures but doesn't want to post them to cut down on possible use for making a clone, PM me and I'll give you my email address to send them to.

Tom

Just look at any Hertz rental car. You will see a black (printing) over white bar code affixed to the driver's side rear window as well as the lower left side of the windsheld. The barcode is used for inventory control at the rental facilities and has not changed since the they were put on the GTH cars.

Need another option in the poll, of the barcodes were not there on purchase. I'm the first owner, but either Hertz or the dealership removed them before I got it. I imagine there was some of both on many cars. I know the local Denver Hertz location purposely scrapes those off before all cars go to auction.

When I purchased my GT-H it still had all the labels including the one on the winshield ("Hertz") and I took that one off. If we took the car anywhere people would leave handprints all over the car. Once I removed it for safekeeping this didnt happen again. As for the other labels we just left them on. Did you find the secret envelope in the trunk which included replacement lables, key tag, manuals and spare remote?

I looked for the envelope but it was not there. I do have the manuals and extra key fob.

David,

As a side note, if your car had a sticker on the windshield that said "Hertz" then that was most likely put there by the auction. Hertz almost always sells through an auction and their cars, non-GTHs as well, are so marked as it helps potential buyers and the auctioneer separate Hertz, Avis, etc cars for sale. Hertz uses a Corporate standard on what type barcodes are used and where they are to be placed. The word "Hertz" would not appear on the exterior of the car . (obviously the Hertz metal trim piece on the fenders being the exception). Briefly the fleet install instructions dictated that barcodes were to be placed on the lower driver side windshield, rear window/quarter window, driver's side door jamb, and in some cases inside the gas door. A Maintenance sticker with punchouts (black about 2 inches square) is to be placed on the driver's side door jamb. Extra barcode stickers, extra key, extra remote, extra key fob inserts (has Hertz car number/owning area) were to be placed inside the trunk inside a large white envelope that says "do not remove" and was placed in the spare tire well. Frequently you will find these extra barcodes put on the car in different places as car cleaners didn't always know the correct place to put them when replacement of the originals occured. Hope this helps, Larry

Archived