TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinion on the latest clutch TSB

BCPD199

Has anybody had the latest clutch TSB done and not happy with the results? The reason I ask is that my '08 has almost 28,000 miles on her now. The only symptoms I have is an occasional grind going into second when I get on it real hard or when it's extremely cold out. I do have the chatter when trying to leave smoothly from a light once in a while; but, after this many miles, I've learned how to drive her. I've posted before that I believe there are two GT500's out there. Those that have needed the TSB and those that will. I now have the chance to get it done. Anybody out there with any regrets? Is the 2010 clutch strong enough for 500 horsepower? Is it really better than what I've got? Thoughts?

Also, any complaints about the KR shifter? The shop foreman said he had no problem installing it while the transmission was out.

If you have the chance to get the TSB done, get it done !!

I had the TSB done on my '08 GT-500 and it was fine afterwards. I had them install the FRPP short throw shifter when they did the TSB.

If you have the chance to get the TSB done, get it done !!

I had the TSB done on my '08 GT-500 and it was fine afterwards. I had them install the FRPP short throw shifter when they did the TSB.

Well that answers my second question as well. The foreman warned me that new clutch will grab/feel differently than what I'm used to now. I'm guessing you're happy with getting it done?

I'm happy with getting mine done, that's for sure. Mine started showing symptoms at... 14k miles I think? :headscratch:

The clutch, as I remember (vs. pre-tsb) is much easier and softer now. The chatter is still there, but last I checked after the tsb it's still a twin disk design, so lat-te-dah, that's normal. Just have to learn the car, like you said. And absolutely, it's going to feel different, but it's a GOOD different. :yup:

Anybody out there with any regrets? Is the 2010 clutch strong enough for 500 horsepower? Is it really better than what I've got?

Guess I'll eventually have the same questions - although I've only got 9k miles on my '08 and no symptoms so far. I'm also wondering if my dealer offers me a choice between the '08 OEM assembly -vs- the 2010 setup - which I would choose. After driving my '06GT with a Spec stage 3, I don't have any problem with the "feel" of my original clutch on the GT500 and don't need it to be any softer. I just don't want to replace the original flywheel with one having the same design flaw that may eventually fail too. The "new" FW/clutch setup seems to have eliminated the FW warping issue but substituted a "softer" disc material - correct?

I currently have a pulley/intake/tune with approx 550rwhp - if I eventually decide to go TVS or Whipple and 650rwhp or so, will the "new" 2010 clutch hold up, or would I be better off rolling the dice on my original?

Sorry if this has been covered, but BCPD199 asked the question too & I'm all ears.

im hoping when i have to have mine done it will get the new Flywheel an TOB, but i would rather have the 07-09 stronger type clutch as i am making 644HP/639TQ and people have been saying that the 2010 Clutch is not as strong. but it is easy clutch feel.

people have been saying that the 2010 Clutch is not as strong. but it is easy clutch feel.

That is one of my concerns; but, I'm stock and the only mods I foresee doing would the FRPP CAI and 3.73's. And I really don't drive it hard, so I guess/hope I'll be alright.

That is one of my concerns; but, I'm stock and the only mods I foresee doing would the FRPP CAI and 3.73's. And I really don't drive it hard, so I guess/hope I'll be alright.

i would say youll be fine that clutch for you future mods. youll be in the same HP/TQ as a 2010 GT500 an the clutch is fine for that power. what i heard was the 2010 GT500 clutch is good till the 600HP plus range

JMO, but I keep reading this line,

How strong the 07-09 ceramic clutch is. Fine If your at 800 rwhp and live at the drag strip, even then there are better clutches for that.

How many failures/repalcements of this clutch have I read about, I lost count.

2010 clutches, haven't heard of any failures. It's what there using now for the TSB on the 07-09 cars. Ford knows how these cars are beat on, they offer a 660 hp & 750hp kit for the 2010 cars and they know what these clutches will handle.

Now you can break anything, I saw a product that was guaranteed against about anything, but grizzly bear attack and 5 year old kids.

Archived