TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I think I'm about to get screwed

Ezareth

Ezareth,

It sounds like your dealer is either very incompetent, or they are playing you. Time will tell if "your" Shelby arrives... or "a" Shelby they chose to sell to the highest "ADM" buyer. I would tell them, "no DORA, no deal" and get your deposit back if they can't produce it for you! This sounds very much like several 2010 deals that went sour this time last year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that is definately my VOC.

So the dealer basically told me they definately have the allocation, I ordered the first 2011 Shelby at their dealership, and their allocation was scheduled for some time in May. I brought up the Shelby the other dealership had on Ebay and he mentioned they sell a lot more Shelbys at that dealership and that his dealership mainly focuses on Commercial trucks.

This guy has been really friendly to me and is taking all these steps to help get my bank lined up, asked me again today about whether I want them to wash it when it comes in (I think they want to take pictures with it) and a couple of the salesmen who walked by stated that they couldn't wait to see it. Is there any reason Ford wouldn't have given them their DORA (it's been 3 weeks) on my order yet? Has this changed at all recently? (since Grabbers 06 order?)

Ezareth,

This is exactly the BS I was dealing with... Either they have the DORA or they don't. When I couldn't get a DORA after 6 weeks, I bailed. There has to be a better way (especially in this economy where they should be valuing EVERY sale).

Didn't work out for me...but I love my Grand Sport Vette Vert.

Good luck

I'm going to go in tomorrow to buy a new 2010 Fusion for my wife as well.

I would ask them to produce the DORA or else they're still going to have a 2010 Fusion on the lot when you leave. ;)

It's a shame that you have to nag them for something that they should just give you. Maybe you should ask them to call another dealer and explain the VOC/DORA process to them. It's so hard to tell if they "KNOW" and are playing games with you...or if they're just not well informed. The lack of knowledge of the salesmen regarding Shelby car ordering has been discussed in the past.

As far as your salesman being "friendly"...unless you actually are a friend of this guy, I don't need to tell you that it's all part of the game of being a salesman. (No offense to the few salesman on here who are genuine - you know who you are.) So I would totally set aside his "friendly" persona and look at him as your opponent in a game.

I sent you another PM too. Really hope things work out for you.

I would ask them to produce the DORA or else they're still going to have a 2010 Fusion on the lot when you leave. ;)

It's a shame that you have to nag them for something that they should just give you. Maybe you should ask them to call another dealer and explain the VOC/DORA process to them. It's so hard to tell if they "KNOW" and are playing games with you...or if they're just not well informed. The lack of knowledge of the salesmen regarding Shelby car ordering has been discussed in the past.

As far as your salesman being "friendly"...unless you actually are a friend of this guy, I don't need to tell you that it's all part of the game of being a salesman. (No offense to the few salesman on here who are genuine - you know who you are.) So I would totally set aside his "friendly" persona and look at him as your opponent in a game.

I sent you another PM too. Really hope things work out for you.

I completely agree with Burning Blue Star IV and the other, recent, posters advise. Your dealer definitely knows the order procedures and is very familiar with VOC and DORA. They do it every day. I would most certainly NOT buy the Fusion from them and I would cancell my order and get the hell out of there fast. Hope you have better luck with another dealer. Even if they finally produce a DORA, after the way they've jerked you around, I wouldn't trust them any further then I could throw my 2007 GT500. Please keep us posted. My dealer thinks this is total B.S.

Relax, its just a car. Before you get all worked up just wait until May (only 15 days away). Trust me when I tell you that in 6 months there will be many 2011 GT500's on ebay as dealers pay inventory costs on cars that are not moving well. If you have to wait a little longer so be it. You might get a better deal. I am seeing 2010's going for invoice + $500 right now.

Relax, its just a car. Before you get all worked up just wait until May (only 15 days away). Trust me when I tell you that in 6 months there will be many 2011 GT500's on ebay as dealers pay inventory costs on cars that are not moving well. If you have to wait a little longer so be it. You might get a better deal. I am seeing 2010's going for invoice + $500 right now.

In 6 months It will be October and I'll be paying interest (and storage fees) for the 6 months afterward on a car I've never driven. Might as well tell me to wait until next year or buy used.

I don't care about wasting money, I have nothing else to spend it on but my life has been a living hell of work for the past year working 100+ hours a week and I plan on enjoying this summer one way or another. Cruising is one of the few things I can do to relax.

I'd like to Enjoy it in a Shelby, but if I have to in a Viper or (God forbid) a Vette I guess that's what I have to do.

I'll see what the dealer says again today when I ask him again to produce a DORA.

So basically what everyone is saying is he does NOT have the allocation correct? If he has the VOC and Ford hasn't aknowledged the order that means only he has no Allocation right? Is there a way he can have a VOC without it actually being submitted? I need to know these things with certainty. I don't want to turn into a giant asshole to this guy and end up in the wrong.

If this Dealer is screwing me I swear I'll drive next door and buy my Wife a Damn Toyota Camry.

In 6 months It will be October and I'll be paying interest (and storage fees) for the 6 months afterward on a car I've never driven. Might as well tell me to wait until next year or buy used.

I don't care about wasting money, I have nothing else to spend it on but my life has been a living hell of work for the past year working 100+ hours a week and I plan on enjoying this summer one way or another. Cruising is one of the few things I can do to relax.

I'd like to Enjoy it in a Shelby, but if I have to in a Viper or (God forbid) a Vette I guess that's what I have to do.

I'll see what the dealer says again today when I ask him again to produce a DORA.

So basically what everyone is saying is he does NOT have the allocation correct? If he has the VOC and Ford hasn't aknowledged the order that means only he has no Allocation right? Is there a way he can have a VOC without it actually being submitted? I need to know these things with certainty. I don't want to turn into a giant asshole to this guy and end up in the wrong.

If this Dealer is screwing me I swear I'll drive next door and buy my Wife a Damn Toyota Camry.

Ezareth, I feel your pain..... Know exactly how you feel. Have been in the same boat with my previous career. I think its safe to say that w/o a DORA your car has not been accepted for production. The dealer could have a confirmed allocation, but according to my dealer, w/o the DORA to confirm acceptance of the order by Ford.... I think you've got a problem. Most of the time the allocation follows a DORA confirmation by Ford, but not always. If he already had a confirmed allocation prior to the DORA it would only speed the process along. He can have a VOC, but until he gets the DORA back from Ford, the car will not be scheduled. You don't have to scream and shout with him, just calmly ask, "Where is the DORA for my order?, I'd like a copy. " If there isn't one, then you're done and move on. Hang in there and look for another dealer who will order you one or a dealer that has one enroute, not spoken for, and to your liking. Life is short, my friend, and we don't know whats around the corner. If you want one ASAP, I'd go for it. My life experience has proven the sage saying" Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do today". P.S. Please don't buy a Camary!!

Just like 03reptile says...you don't have to be totally nasty when asking for the DORA. Just be calm and assertive that you would like a copy. Sounds like you want to let loose on this guy and I don't blame you. :finger:

So basically what everyone is saying is he does NOT have the allocation correct? If he has the VOC and Ford hasn't acknowledged the order that means only he has no Allocation right? Is there a way he can have a VOC without it actually being submitted? I need to know these things with certainty. I don't want to turn into a giant asshole to this guy and end up in the wrong.

No way to tell for sure if he has an open allocation. I don't believe that the DORA and the dealership having or not having an allocation have any relationship with each other. But maybe MM can answer that for sure.

Good luck with everything.

I just called my Salesman and he said the DORA is only available upon "Scheduling" of the order? Is this true? At first he tried to say they didn't offer those any more....he says he's getting all of this information from his "Boss".

MM does it make sense that originally they told me their "allocation" did not have the SVT package available?

NO! This is NOT TRUE!!! I had my DORA within minutes of the dealer submitting the order. Submitting and order and getting a car are 2 different things though. All the DORA means is that Fords system has received the order and acknowledges it. The Order will not get build until an allocation is privided. The order will not get a VIN until it is scheduled.

NO! This is NOT TRUE!!! I had my DORA within minutes of the dealer submitting the order. Submitting and order and getting a car are 2 different things though. All the DORA means is that Fords system has received the order and acknowledges it. The Order will not get build until an allocation is privided. The order will not get a VIN until it is scheduled.

So basically they haven't truly submitted my order? I've heard before from people that they've gotten their DORA but because the dealership didn't have the allocation they didn't get the car. If I can be sure these guys are screwing with me then I can try to get my deposit back.

That is the main reason I'm upset here, these guys have already told me my deposit is non-refundable and I don't feel like having 2 grand put down on a car that will never exist or at least not in the near future. If they are lying to me about one thing I'm sure they'll be lying about another.

I've already passed up a better deal to stay true to my word to them and if they aren't being true to their word to me I'll redefine the word "Angry Customer" for them.

So basically they haven't truly submitted my order? I've heard before from people that they've gotten their DORA but because the dealership didn't have the allocation they didn't get the car. If I can be sure these guys are screwing with me then I can try to get my deposit back.

That is the main reason I'm upset here, these guys have already told me my deposit is non-refundable and I don't feel like having 2 grand put down on a car that will never exist or at least not in the near future. If they are lying to me about one thing I'm sure they'll be lying about another.

I've already passed up a better deal to stay true to my word to them and if they aren't being true to their word to me I'll redefine the word "Angry Customer" for them.

The Deposit has to be refundable, because without a DORA they have not submitted the order...so there is no order. What's the deposit for? Even if they can produce a DORA, still is not a sure thing you'll get your car (example, they get 1 allocation but take deposits from more than 1 person...it's happened). Protect yourself!!! Sure you may have a deal in place, but do not commit to them until they commit to you. Did this dealer get at least 1 2010? If so, they'll get at least 1 2011, but your guess is as good as mine as to when. If they did not get a 2010, that means they will not get a 2011 (dealers had to pay a $2k fee to get into the program and get a 2010 & 2011).

The Deposit has to be refundable, because without a DORA they have not submitted the order...so there is no order. What's the deposit for? Even if they can produce a DORA, still is not a sure thing you'll get your car (example, they get 1 allocation but take deposits from more than 1 person...it's happened). Protect yourself!!! Sure you may have a deal in place, but do not commit to them until they commit to you. Did this dealer get at least 1 2010? If so, they'll get at least 1 2011, but your guess is as good as mine as to when. If they did not get a 2010, that means they will not get a 2011 (dealers had to pay a $2k fee to get into the program and get a 2010 & 2011).

They did get a 2010. They also have a 2011 at their other Dealership so I *think* it is safe to assume they paid their fee.

The real question remains on if they are just trying to "Shop" their allocation around. If they haven't submitted their order yet then that would explain why they haven't received a DORA.

Here is what I received from them.

They did get a 2010. They also have a 2011 at their other Dealership so I *think* it is safe to assume they paid their fee.

The real question remains on if they are just trying to "Shop" their allocation around. If they haven't submitted their order yet then that would explain why they haven't received a DORA.

Yeah, see the comment at the bottom of this..."S099 - Press F4 to Submit". This order has not been submitted. They have your deposit, make 'em F4 it!!!! I'd advise going directly to the Sales Manager, not the salesman.

This may help to.

Order Process.doc

Order Process.doc

Yeah, see the comment at the bottom of this..."S099 - Press F4 to Submit". This order has not been submitted. They have your deposit, make 'em F4 it!!!! I'd advise going directly to the Sales Manager, not the salesman.

I noticed that as well, but it was also on Grabbers (posted earlier) VOC.

I noticed that as well, but it was also on Grabbers (posted earlier) VOC.

Listen to what Henry is telling you. A VOC means NOTHING. Even a DORA means NOTHING. Dealers can submit orders all day and night and get DORAs back and have ZERO allocation left.

The fact that your dealer will not even produce that 'worthless' DORA is a strong indication of their trustworthyness.

Go with your gut here. "Shopping their allocation around?" Ya think?

I know with my dealer I stayed on them until I had a VIN (proves they have allocation) and they produced the run sheet with my info on it (linked that VIN to my order number). Not to say they couldn't still try to pull a fast one but I now have an awful lot of documentation..... It would be really ugly for them.

Non returnable deposit? For what? Placing an order they won't even verify that they placed?

Shop the other Ford dealers in your area. Send emails. Find out who is interested in doing a deal and tell them what your expectations are.

Under no circumstances would I reward their sh*t behavior by buying another car from them.

P.S..Do tell the name of the dealership. :)

Ezareth,

You have had several fellow car guys, including 3 dealers, here telling you to run like hell. This dealer is a snake in the grass and your letting him strike!!! He is NOT "friendly" when he is lying thru his teeth to you. There is no reason for this at all weather incompetents, stupidity, or just plain deceptive, the guy is a snake!! I wouldn't give him one cent and I'll bet if you ask for your deposit, he is going to give you a runaround for that too. Also, never let the dealer deal with your bank. YOU deal with your bank. The dealer has no interest in your behalf and can slip charges into the deal you'd never know about. There is a lot of good advice being given you on this thread, but the best ones are to get away from this dealer as fast as you can. If you want a 2011 GT500, there are several dealers willing to make you a below MSRP deal on allocations and scheduled vehicles, just ask.

Good luck and take care!!!

Ezareth,

You have had several fellow car guys, including 3 dealers, here telling you to run like hell. This dealer is a snake in the grass and your letting him strike!!! He is NOT "friendly" when he is lying thru his teeth to you. There is no reason for this at all weather incompetents, stupidity, or just plain deceptive, the guy is a snake!! I wouldn't give him one cent and I'll bet if you ask for your deposit, he is going to give you a runaround for that too. Also, never let the dealer deal with your bank. YOU deal with your bank. The dealer has no interest in your behalf and can slip charges into the deal you'd never know about. There is a lot of good advice being given you on this thread, but the best ones are to get away from this dealer as fast as you can. If you want a 2011 GT500, there are several dealers willing to make you a below MSRP deal on allocations and scheduled vehicles, just ask.

Good luck and take care!!!

I called Ford Customer Service as Burning Blue Star suggested to me and talked to a sales rep there. I gave her my order number and dealer number and she looked up.my order for me. She read off the information to me there and everything checked out. She said my order was on "Material Hold" and that mean they were waitng on parts or something. She said the car would definately be built and everything checked out.

I stopped by the dealership just as they were closing and my Salesman had already left. I talked to the General Manager there for almost an hour after closing. I work with vendors and suppliers a lot in my business and I've been a pretty good judge of character I think. The General manager was very sure of his answers where the Salesman had to keep asking him things he was sure of. He said that I arrived on the perfect day to place the order as that was the same day they recieved notice of their allocation. (I had stopped out there 2 weeks earlier to try and make a deal and the other salesmen I talked to said they had no information or allocation yet). I mean I know these guys can be shady but I kept throwing curveballs at him and he didn't miss a beat or try to misdirect or BS me. He said he would not get anything additional from Ford at this point until the order was pulled and Scheduled.

My wife has a lease that is up in May and she had slid into a snowbank over this last winter which scratched up her front and rear bumpers pretty bad. The General Manager noted that Ford would hit us pretty hard on the repairs on the lease and refered me to a guy he said would repaint both for about $150 bucks. I know he is trying to get me to buy the new car from him and everything (which is Z plan and he has to get from another dealer because he doesn't have a stick), but this guy is just not doing anything that seems untrustworthy. He even offered for free a "Professional Teflon Coating" that they do to both my Shelby and wifes Fusion which lasts for 5 years and removes the need to wax your car, free of charge.

It just seems to me at this point that they are being honest with me, besides what I am hearing from people here. I think I'm just going to hold out and see if he starts making any excuses for the vehicle not being produced in May. I have another week or so before I plan on signing anything for my wifes car so we'll see what his bodyshop friend can do for us as well.

Does anyone have a copy of their 2011 DORA that they could scan on here as proof that DORAs are being released on 2011 Shelbys?

And what do you guys think about a Teflon Coat on a Shelby? Anyone ever had that done before?

I called Ford Customer Service as Burning Blue Star suggested to me and talked to a sales rep there. I gave her my order number and dealer number and she looked up.my order for me. She read off the information to me there and everything checked out. She said my order was on "Material Hold" and that mean they were waitng on parts or something. She said the car would definately be built and everything checked out.

I stopped by the dealership just as they were closing and my Salesman had already left. I talked to the General Manager there for almost an hour after closing. I work with vendors and suppliers a lot in my business and I've been a pretty good judge of character I think. The General manager was very sure of his answers where the Salesman had to keep asking him things he was sure of. He said that I arrived on the perfect day to place the order as that was the same day they recieved notice of their allocation. (I had stopped out there 2 weeks earlier to try and make a deal and the other salesmen I talked to said they had no information or allocation yet). I mean I know these guys can be shady but I kept throwing curveballs at him and he didn't miss a beat or try to misdirect or BS me. He said he would not get anything additional from Ford at this point until the order was pulled and Scheduled.

My wife has a lease that is up in May and she had slid into a snowbank over this last winter which scratched up her front and rear bumpers pretty bad. The General Manager noted that Ford would hit us pretty hard on the repairs on the lease and refered me to a guy he said would repaint both for about $150 bucks. I know he is trying to get me to buy the new car from him and everything (which is Z plan and he has to get from another dealer because he doesn't have a stick), but this guy is just not doing anything that seems untrustworthy. He even offered for free a "Professional Teflon Coating" that they do to both my Shelby and wifes Fusion which lasts for 5 years and removes the need to wax your car, free of charge.

It just seems to me at this point that they are being honest with me, besides what I am hearing from people here. I think I'm just going to hold out and see if he starts making any excuses for the vehicle not being produced in May. I have another week or so before I plan on signing anything for my wifes car so we'll see what his bodyshop friend can do for us as well.

Does anyone have a copy of their 2011 DORA that they could scan on here as proof that DORAs are being released on 2011 Shelbys?

And what do you guys think about a Teflon Coat on a Shelby? Anyone ever had that done before?

I give up on you. You obviously want to continue to be involved with this dealership and no amount of sage/good/accurate advise from your fellow forum members can sway you from this path. I wish you the best of luck in obtaining your new ride. Sorry if I sound callus, its just frustrating.

Here's a DORA.

Hate to keep giving you the bad news but 'Materials Hold' is the status my dealer's second GT500 order (the one for which he has NO alllocation) went into. Seems a little counterintuitive I know but that's exactly how it showed up. I guess Ford doesn't have a separate 'no allocation' status code.

'Free Teflon Coating'? LOL. Now I know you must be pulling our chains.... :hysterical3:

post-27674-127150639649_thumb.jpg

post-27674-127150639649_thumb.jpg

I called Ford Customer Service as Burning Blue Star suggested to me and talked to a sales rep there. I gave her my order number and dealer number and she looked up.my order for me. She read off the information to me there and everything checked out. She said my order was on "Material Hold" and that mean they were waiting on parts or something. She said the car would definitely be built and everything checked out.

That just means the order is in the system. And I believe that all cars show as being on "Material Hold" when they've not been pulled and scheduled. That's what my order showed for two months - it has nothing to do with them waiting for "parts" in this instance. So I just want to caution you that this doesn't mean your car has been guaranteed to be built. The dealer has to have an open allocation.

I stopped by the dealership just as they were closing and my Salesman had already left. I talked to the General Manager there for almost an hour after closing. I work with vendors and suppliers a lot in my business and I've been a pretty good judge of character I think. The General manager was very sure of his answers where the Salesman had to keep asking him things he was sure of. He said that I arrived on the perfect day to place the order as that was the same day they received notice of their allocation. (I had stopped out there 2 weeks earlier to try and make a deal and the other salesmen I talked to said they had no information or allocation yet). I mean I know these guys can be shady but I kept throwing curveballs at him and he didn't miss a beat or try to misdirect or BS me. He said he would not get anything additional from Ford at this point until the order was pulled and Scheduled.

Did the dealer show you proof of the notification for their allocation? As I mentioned, this dealer only got one Shelby last year and they already got one this year...so I'd still be really suspicious. Maybe you can casually ask them how many allocations they got last year and if they come back with "5" or something..you know they're lying.

All of this is bringing back bad memories. UGH.

I've never been a believer in those coatings on paint. Just me...nothing technical to back it up.

That just means the order is in the system. And I believe that all cars show as being on "Material Hold" when they've not been pulled and scheduled. That's what my order showed for two months - it has nothing to do with them waiting for "parts" in this instance. So I just want to caution you that this doesn't mean your car has been guaranteed to be built. The dealer has to have an open allocation.

Did the dealer show you proof of the notification for their allocation? As I mentioned, this dealer only got one Shelby last year and they already got one this year...so I'd still be really suspicious. Maybe you can casually ask them how many allocations they got last year and if they come back with "5" or something..you know they're lying.

I've never been a believer in those coatings on paint. Just me...nothing technical to back it up.

I'll see what I can do about getting proof of their allocation when I go in next. The have two dealerships. One in Hartville the other in Cuyahoga falls (the one I have my order through), can you see which dealership the car was delivered to last year? Both dealerships should get one allocation correct?

The Teflon "coating" is called an "Enviroshield", he gave me a color brochure on the process and said he could show me a fender they have with the coating on one side and not on the other. He said you can scratch the non treated side with your key easily but it is much more difficult on the treated side. It was after hours so I didnt inquire much on it. He was just offering it for free if I wanted it, wasn't pushing it or anything.

Like I said before I go asshole on these guys I want to have PROOF that they are lying to me. That is the only way I think I'm going to be able to get my deposit back and as I mentioned before I'm very trusting to a point but when I cross my boiling point I'm an unholy hell to behold. I have to be 100% certain as I'll regret it for the rest of my life if I flip out on someone who wasn't screwing me.

I want everyone to understand how much I appreciate and value the advice and information thus far. If I hadn't already been unable to get my deposit back I would have long since left and went to another dealer. If I end up going apesh*t on them and still can't get my money back, and then my car ends up coming in anyways I'll have destroyed any good will they have towards me from now on for nothing. If the car isn't coming and I know for 100% it isn't I'll have all the ammo I need to request my money back.

After thinking on this I think my best angle at this point is to request a signed agreement that THIS specific dealership has a 2011 GT500 allocation and that I am only person receiving this allocation and that to the best of their knowledge the allocation is scheduled to be built in May. If they resist doing this for me I'll know they are lying to me and at that point will request my money back.

I'll see what I can do about getting proof of their allocation when I go in next. The have two dealerships. One in Hartville the other in Cuyahoga falls (the one I have my order through), can you see which dealership the car was delivered to last year? Both dealerships should get one allocation correct?

Okay, I guess I misunderstood which dealership you were working with - sorry. So yours got two cars last year and they haven't got any yet this year - so that looks better that they have an allocation.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I guess I misunderstood which dealership you were working with - sorry. So yours got two cars last year and they haven't got any yet this year - so that looks better that they have an allocation.

Called Ford Customer Service today and my car is now being Scheduled. Said they were planning the build and delivery dates today and should have it done by Monday.

Still no DORA but it looks like that isn't really necessary. Or maybe you only get the DORA after it is fully scheduled? Anyways everything the Dealer has told me appears to be checking out....car should be built in May. Glad I didn't try to pull at this point.

Called Ford Customer Service today and my car is now being Scheduled. Said they were planning the build and delivery dates today and should have it done by Monday.

Still no DORA but it looks like that isn't really necessary. Or maybe you only get the DORA after it is fully scheduled? Anyways everything the Dealer has told me appears to be checking out....car should be built in May. Glad I didn't try to pull at this point.,like now

if they are scheduling the car,that means its been "bucked".which basically means they are sceduling all the parts--when that happens , you should see the sticker--you should also have a VIN like now right??

I'm supersnake94's Dad replying under his name. I am also a salesmanager at a Ford Dealership.

When a dealership orders a vehicle for a customer, a DORA is generated for that vehicle under a customer's name. So a Dora should be available. However, if the dealer does not have allocation for the vehicle, the vehicle will not be built.

Sometimes in cases like this, the dealer will order more vehicles than they have allocation for with the hope of getting extra vehicles.

If a dealer has 5 orders and only allocation for 2, the dealer can prioritize which vehicles will be built, either first come, first served, or to the highest bidder. Sometimes you can get a deal that is "too good" and be left out.

Also, if you order a vehicle, and certain options are "on material delay" the factory will skip that order and build the vehicle that they can.

I hope this answers your question

Regards, supersnake94's Dad

Archived