TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Ford Racing Intake manifold

I ended up calling ford racing and speaking to a tech about the charge motion plates. He stated that the New manifold eliminates the plate and will fit under strut bar!!!

Whenever, I buy a ford racing part they get a call from me to make sure nothing else is needed with install.

That made me smile

Did you ask weather you had to re-tune the car as well?

Will need a re-tune been texting Brenspeed and he said yes plus since the charge plate's are deleted that a give in. I'm having them write me a new tune to replace Bama tune for my cams. I keep getting a P 300 code for random misfire and even when, I changed the WOT to 2% rich then 4% it still comes on. It also run rich at idle so see if Brenspeed can fix it plus with that ram air it's getting alot more air.

Brenspeed is stating 599.00 for intake and you can pre order. They haven't gotten one yet for testing but it should be by May 15th. But just the looks of it will make it worth buying !!!

Caio :salute:

^You ought to be able to expect 15-20 HP from a good tune alone. This intake without any supporting mods won't be good for much more than a set of Steeda IMRC delete plates.

And whenever you open your intake or exhaust up, you're going to lose some torque, so keep that in mind as well. In my opinion, without a centri blower or turbo to accompany this intake, I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of it.

^You ought to be able to expect 15-20 HP from a good tune alone. This intake without any supporting mods won't be good for much more than a set of Steeda IMRC delete plates.

And whenever you open your intake or exhaust up, you're going to lose some torque, so keep that in mind as well. In my opinion, without a centri blower or turbo to accompany this intake, I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of it.

+1 :lurk:

I agree with Kahmann also !!! My out look on this is one all my engine mods and my ram air which was discussed with Brenspeed that there was more air than normal being forced in. The manifold would help out but not much and like stated before it looks sharp better than the C&L manifold. Plus the price for steeda charge plates are up there so add a little more and bam sexy engine. :happy feet:

Archived