TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gear whine

jaaman

Has anyone experienced this, I installed Metco upper and lower control arms, Metco upper control arm bracket, ford racing lowering springs and a Steeda adjustable panhard bar.The installation was professionally done.The wheel hop is 100% gone and the car looks so much better, however I am hearing gear whine at about 2000 RPM in 3rd gear and up and a hissing noise at lower speeds that sounds like something is dragging on a brake rotor. The car is going back to the shop on Saturday. Any suggestions on what we should be looking for or is this to be expected.

Has anyone experienced this, I installed Metco upper and lower control arms, Metco upper control arm bracket, ford racing lowering springs and a Steeda adjustable panhard bar.The installation was professionally done.The wheel hop is 100% gone and the car looks so much better, however I am hearing gear whine at about 2000 RPM in 3rd gear and up and a hissing noise at lower speeds that sounds like something is dragging on a brake rotor. The car is going back to the shop on Saturday. Any suggestions on what we should be looking for or is this to be expected.

My bet is nothing is wrong and that's the increase in NVH that you get when installing those aftermarket parts. Bottom line is the new bushings will transmit the noise from the rear end the old smushy ones didn't.

Is this noise coming from the rear? Did they change the pinion angle?

No,according to Metco and the installer, it was not nessacary, how ever we will be checking the angle. Yes the noise is coming from the rear.

Thanks

J

Edited by jaaman