TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REDLINE STRUT HELP !

Ok can someone post a picture of the hood bracket for the Redline/tuning bracket install on the hood. Looking at the pictures on their web site show the bracket on the flat part of the hood. The instructions show it on the side of the hood. I am totally confused here as the side of the hood is not flat and bracket will interfer with fender.

Thanks for your help

I seem to remember that "Fordie" had installed the Redlines awhile back and started a good thread with lots of pictures about it. Unfortunately, I cannot find it. You might PM him and ask him. Wish I could be of more help...

Thanks I did a search but most of the ones that came up were to old and the pictures were no longer there. Went online to Redline and looked at the Supersnake instructions. Much better pictures. Only problem is they do not work with the trufiber hood. Hood will not fully close, struts hitting at front of shock tower. Sent pictures to Redline to see if they have any ideas.

Thanks I did a search but most of the ones that came up were to old and the pictures were no longer there. Went online to Redline and looked at the Supersnake instructions. Much better pictures. Only problem is they do not work with the trufiber hood. Hood will not fully close, struts hitting at front of shock tower. Sent pictures to Redline to see if they have any ideas.

Dang! Sorry to hear of your problems with the Redlines...hope you get it sorted out before Fab Fords...Look forward to seeing you there!

Dang! Sorry to hear of your problems with the Redlines...hope you get it sorted out before Fab Fords...Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks. I am helping sweetp put them on his Shelby. I sure hope Redline can help out. I will be there for sure and looking forward to seeing everyone.

I put redlines on my car about a year ago, I can take some pictures Sat if that will help.

Here is a link to my GT500 on ebay......there are multiple pictures of the hood struts and brackets in the listing. I am a Redline dealer if anyone wants a set of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280488860676&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex

Thanks. I am helping sweetp put them on his Shelby. I sure hope Redline can help out. I will be there for sure and looking forward to seeing everyone.

cool... I thought it was you having the problem on your car and got a bit concerned :hysterical: glad to hear it's not yours....great you helping another owner out with a problem...and Alex is the guy to go to for the information you need...see ya at Fab Fords :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the problem worked out?? If not let me know and I will call Andreas from Redline or give you his cell #. I missed you at Knotts. Saw your beautiful GT500r, but not you. We will meet one of these days...

Alex

Did you get the problem worked out?? If not let me know and I will call Andreas from Redline or give you his cell #. I missed you at Knotts. Saw your beautiful GT500r, but not you. We will meet one of these days...

Alex

Yes we did get it worked out. Seams the customer was told to use the Super Snake kit for the Tru-fiber hood which was wrong! Got the regular GT500 kit and had no problem. Sure do like the online instructions better than what came with the kit.

Sorry I missed you also. There was just not enough time to talk to everyone sunday.

Are you going to Victorville?

Yes we did get it worked out. Seams the customer was told to use the Super Snake kit for the Tru-fiber hood which was wrong! Got the regular GT500 kit and had no problem. Sure do like the online instructions better than what came with the kit.

Sorry I missed you also. There was just not enough time to talk to everyone sunday.

Cool...sounds as if you have worked it out. Just thought I'd send some pics anyway

th_07ShelbyHoodStruts007.jpg

th_07ShelbyHoodStruts005.jpg

th_07ShelbyHoodStruts004.jpg

th_07ShelbyHoodStruts002.jpg

th_07ShelbyHoodStruts001.jpg

Yes, I will be at the Victorville show. Trying to get a cruise together going the back way thru Yucca Valley. Very Scenic. I will have my new Shelby by then.

Alex

Yes, I will be at the Victorville show. Trying to get a cruise together going the back way thru Yucca Valley. Very Scenic. I will have my new Shelby by then.

Alex

Hope to see you there along with the rest of my TS friends. Going to see if I might join in with the OC group to cruise up with them.

Yes, I will be at the Victorville show.

When is the Victorville show?

Phill

Archived