TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Innovators West 10% Overdrive

Just installed the Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley and the 3" upper on the Whipple and all I can say is HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car is so ridiculously powerful now. I cannot express to you how unbelievablely crazy it is now. I HIGHLY recommend installing it to anyone and everyone!

Yes it is! Now you are ready for the 2.85" or 2.75" upper. Unfortunately with the 2.75" it whines so loud at 25-30 mph everyone looks when you driveby! 26#s boost on the stock block with the 2.75 is a little crazy but hey mine still runs.

Congrats on your up grade!

Right on Justin!

I just received my IW 10% OD pulley (72mm TB, Inlet Elbow & Res eliminator too) last Friday from Justin at VMP. Preping the install now. Any tips or tricks for our MY that you can share?

Thanks,

DaFreak

Right on Justin!

I just received my IW 10% OD pulley (72mm TB, Inlet Elbow & Res eliminator too) last Friday from Justin at VMP. Preping the install now. Any tips or tricks for our MY that you can share?

Thanks,

DaFreak

You need a 3 jaw puller to get the stock pulley off...then just make sure that you have an M12x1.5x100mm bolt in order to get the IW started on the crankshaft snout. A traditional harmonic baller installer that you can borrow from AutoZone, Advanced, or any other place is NOT GOING TO WORK. You MUST have the 100mm bolt in order to get it started. Make sure that Justin includes it for you or you will NOT be able to install the IW. Other than that, it's not complicated at all...just a serious pain in the ass. Let me know how it goes.

If you think it was powerful last week, just wait til you ride in it now...your not gonna believe it...

We still on for the hangout in Kemah Sat. night? I just clay barred, polished/waxed last week. Looks sharp!!! Will be dropping it next week. There is a big Mustang show in Katy May 15th put on by Mustang Club of Houston. You should try to make that also.

We still on for the hangout in Kemah Sat. night? I just clay barred, polished/waxed last week. Looks sharp!!! Will be dropping it next week. There is a big Mustang show in Katy May 15th put on by Mustang Club of Houston. You should try to make that also.

Hell yes! We are still on for this Saturday night! Are we going to the Home Depot in Kemah? Also, I just got clearance from the old lady (I mean beautiful queen) to go to the show in Katy on May 15th! I'm excited! So what time does the show this Saturday start? I don't get off til 6 pm in the Woodlands, so I can't be there til about 8 pm. Is that gonna be OK? Let me know.

Just installed the Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley and the 3" upper on the Whipple and all I can say is HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car is so ridiculously powerful now. I cannot express to you how unbelievablely crazy it is now. I HIGHLY recommend installing it to anyone and everyone!

Which gauge pod are you using - any pics?

Which gauge pod are you using - any pics?

I'm using the Aeroforce Interceptor. It is a digital gauge that you can customize. You can choose different color bezels, faces, and display color. Also, you can have the outer lens customized with "SVT" on it. Also, this gauge reads about 50 different parameters and you can display any of them that you want to. It also simply plugs into your OBD-II port for data AND for power. It's super simple to install. I got the vent gauge pod (I believe it's made by Roush). I got all this from Lethal. I highly recommend this set up. Here's a couple of pics...

post-25606-127144876622_thumb.jpg

post-25606-127144876622_thumb.jpg

Hell yes! We are still on for this Saturday night! Are we going to the Home Depot in Kemah? Also, I just got clearance from the old lady (I mean beautiful queen) to go to the show in Katy on May 15th! I'm excited! So what time does the show this Saturday start? I don't get off til 6 pm in the Woodlands, so I can't be there til about 8 pm. Is that gonna be OK? Let me know.

Awesome that you can make the show on 15th!!! You should do well.....This Sat in Kemah at Home Depot. I think they start arriving 6-7. Not sure how late they stay, I would guess 9-ish??? Be a long drive to stay an hour then go back to Woodlands. Let me know!!! Any place in between you know of where there is a gathering? We could meet, so we are both driving a bit. I'd be game for that.

Awesome that you can make the show on 15th!!! You should do well.....This Sat in Kemah at Home Depot. I think they start arriving 6-7. Not sure how late they stay, I would guess 9-ish??? Be a long drive to stay an hour then go back to Woodlands. Let me know!!! Any place in between you know of where there is a gathering? We could meet, so we are both driving a bit. I'd be game for that.

I will be there in Kemah at about 7:30 pm. I'm ready! I just shined her up real nice and she's ready to go...I sure as hell hope it doesn't rain! Call me tomorrow afternoon.

Very nice!

Did you loose the function of air from that vent? And how difficult was it run the cable?

The air still flows around the gauge, so you do NOT lose the vent function, it works just fine. Also, it is EXTREMELY BASIC AND SUPER EASY to run the cable. It will take you all of 5 minutes.

The air still flows around the gauge, so you do NOT lose the vent function, it works just fine. Also, it is EXTREMELY BASIC AND SUPER EASY to run the cable. It will take you all of 5 minutes.

How do you route a cable through an enclosed air vent inside a dash in 5 minutes? What am I missing?

How do you route a cable through an enclosed air vent inside a dash in 5 minutes? What am I missing?

When you pop the dash plate off (the trim around the gauge pod and driver's air vent), you will see that the cable does not actually go down through the air vent, it goes NEXT to it and then down toward the OBD-II port. It's super simple.

When you pop the dash plate off (the trim around the gauge pod and driver's air vent), you will see that the cable does not actually go down through the air vent, it goes NEXT to it and then down toward the OBD-II port. It's super simple.

Any issues with the dash plate - since it's real aluminum I was wondering if it could bend or go back in place with a slight rise?

Any issues with the dash plate - since it's real aluminum I was wondering if it could bend or go back in place with a slight rise?

No, there are NO issues with the thing coming off or going back on. It just pops off...and snaps right back on. It's mostly plastic, it just has an aluminum outer skin. It will not get bent or warped...you are OVERWORRYING about it...confused.gif

Archived