TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20X9 Shelby Razor Wheels (Silver)

Hey guys, I'm getting the 20X9 silver Shelby razor wheels for my SGT. The offset is 24mm and I wanted to know what size tires to run. People say that with a 285 in the rear the tire will pinch. Should I run 275's in the rear and 255's in the front? I want the wheels and tire in the rear to stick out just a tiny bit past the fender. Just looking for some opinions. :talkhand:

Also what brand should I go with?

BF Goodrich

Nitto

Toyo

Goodyear

Hankook

Pirelli

Edited by sgt1020

Hey guys, I'm getting the 20X9 silver Shelby razor wheels for my SGT. The offset is 24mm and I wanted to know what size tires to run. People say that with a 285 in the rear the tire will pinch. Should I run 275's in the rear and 255's in the front? I want the wheels and tire in the rear to stick out just a tiny bit past the fender. Just looking for some opinions. :talkhand:

Also what brand should I go with?

BF Goodrich

Nitto

Toyo

Goodyear

Hankook

Pirelli

I have 285's on 18 inch Razors and they pinch a bit but I have raced the car at the drag strip and on a small road course with no issues. One thing you will have to look at is your panhard bars. These cars are lowered and with stock wheels/tires you can not really see how much the rear end is off center. However once you put some larger tires on you will notice. If memory serves the car settles more to the drivers side (maybe the opposite it has been awhile) so you may have some rub issues with the 24mm offset wheels. I ran the 24's for about 6 months then ebayed them and got the 40mm to tuck it in a little better. Good luck I went with the Nitto 555's through tires-easy.com They hook up really well and have a nice ride. Only thing I have to compare them to is the stock Pirellis.

I know exactly what you are talking about! The wheels on my passenger side are farther inside the fender than the driver side. The driver side wheel sticks a littler farther out, almost flush with the fender. What would I have to do with the new wheels to get them exactly the same on both sides? I want them flush with the fender or maybe half an inch out.

Edited by sgt1020

I know exactly what you are talking about! The wheels on my passenger side are farther inside the fender than the driver side. The driver side wheel sticks a littler farther out, almost flush with the fender. What would I have to do with the new wheels to get them exactly the same on both sides? I want them flush with the fender or maybe half an inch out.

I have the NITTO 555 Extremes

As for the offset:

Adjustable panhard bar and matching (non-adjustable) panhard brace. Lot's to choose from. Shelby branded, Steeda, and others. I have the Steeda setup which works just fine for street and light track, only issue is that it's a little difficult to tighten the jam nut once the bar is in place.

It's definitely a DIY mod and certainly required when you have larger wheel/tire combos, (if you think it looks off now, wait till the big tires are on there!) and only takes about an hour. Once it's in place, tape a plumb-bob (piece of string with a nut tied to it will work just fine) to each rear quarter-panel centered on the hub of the wheel. Measure from a fixed point on the rim or hub to the string and adjust the bar to equalize.

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT