TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has Anyone Seen This BEAST!

CrzyHorse

I'm going with a NO.

The kit does not fit the car. Rear and front fenders do not line up with the doors or the hood. the kit looks "clunky" and does not match any "traditional" mustang body lines.Their white and blue kit does not even match paint between the body lik and the original doors or the hood. Which would probably mean a total re-paint of the car to get a good match.

The two positives I see are you would most likely be the "only" GT500 with this kit. So that would make you unique. The other point is that the fender wells are so pushed out that you should never have to worry about rock chips from the tires.

I'm sure if the kit was installed by a very good body man that it would look pretty good, if you like that kind of thing. My guess is it would degrade the value of the car. Small enhancements (hoods, spoilers, lick-n-stick faux brake scoops) are easily reversed and should not affect the value.

Wait a minute, you're trying to be a funny guy!? I get it! :hysterical:

From my perspective? It's a stinker. Makes the car look cheap and sleezy, not to mention that it's takes away from what a true GT500 looks like.

But everyone has different tastes and styles, so if it works for you then that's all that matters. On the other hand, if your were 100% sure about it, I suppose that you wouldn't have started this forum in the first place.

From my perspective? It's a stinker. Makes the car look cheap and sleezy, not to mention that it's takes away from what a true GT500 looks like.

But everyone has different tastes and styles, so if it works for you then that's all that matters. On the other hand, if your were 100% sure about it, I suppose that you wouldn't have started this forum in the first place.

Definitely not something that is 100 percent for me...thats why I appreciate everyones input...

Don't do it!

I agree with others, looks like a ricer. But from your enthusiasm you must like that look. So go ahead, it’s your free will choice. Be prepared to keep the car a long while, because I doubt there are many others who would share your same passion.

I'd say no too. Looks like a cheap all plastic body kit. The 2nd picture you posted is an improvement, but it looks like something a teenager would buy. The first picture of the GT500 is really bad. The fenders stick out SOOO far. Looks stuck in the '80's.

Archived