TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertibles?

tpenziner

On the new Shelby's, are thr convertibles power or manual? Easy to open & close?

full power--very quick, you can do it at a traffic light.The top seems to be wearing very well--only way to go,plus you can hear the SC whine and the exhuast much better--and my standard radio is plenty loud enough

full power--very quick, you can do it at a traffic light.The top seems to be wearing very well--only way to go,plus you can hear the SC whine and the exhuast much better--and my standard radio is plenty loud enough

Are they quite inside the car when you're driving or noisy?

Are they quite inside the car when you're driving or noisy?

I have 3 ragtops, and this one is quiteer than the others---the 2010 ride was lighter with the vert,but the 2011 ride is supposed to be same as coupe, if you like that feel.Id rather a softer ride myself,especially for long rides--i hate getting my fillings replaced afetr a car ride

Is it noise that still allows you to hold a reasonable conversation or listen to the radio?

How does the boot go on/how long does it take?

Do the rear seats take a beating with dirt when the top is down?

Anything special for taking care of the vert top?

I'm seriously thinking of switching from a Grabber Blue with White strips coupe in '11 to a vert now. Just wish the top could be had in a different color than black. The black doesn't seem to go well with the grabber blue.

Is it noise that still allows you to hold a reasonable conversation or listen to the radio?

How does the boot go on/how long does it take?

Do the rear seats take a beating with dirt when the top is down?

Anything special for taking care of the vert top?

I'm seriously thinking of switching from a Grabber Blue with White strips coupe in '11 to a vert now. Just wish the top could be had in a different color than black. The black doesn't seem to go well with the grabber blue.

If your running the stock exhaust and you raise the side glass, a conversation at normal volume at highway speeds is possible.

As noted above, because of the roof design when folded (Z type) there is no need to use the cover and in my personal opninion the cover does not look good.

I'm on my third year of ownership with my vert and have not had any issues with dirt in the back seat. I have about 20K miles and 99.9% of the time the top is down unless it's raining or snowing (yes you read that right). The amount of dirt you get greatly depends on what type of roads you travel or the environment in which you park your Shelby (ex) my biggest concern are pine needles/sap falling on the interior.

The best cleaner / water repellent treatment I have found and strongly recommend is Ragg Topp (I am in no way affiliated, employed or compensated by this company). I usually clean/treat the roof twice a year.

If your getting a pre '09 model please be aware of the various issues with the convertible top (do a search) '10 (I'm not sure where '09 sit with these problems) models seem to have all the bugs worked out.

If your running the stock exhaust and you raise the side glass, a conversation at normal volume at highway speeds is possible.

As noted above, because of the roof design when folded (Z type) there is no need to use the cover and in my personal opninion the cover does not look good.

I on my third year of ownership with my vert and have not had any issues with dirt in the back seat. I have about 20K miles and 99.9% of the time the top is down unless it's raining or snowing (yes you read that right). The amount of dirt you get greatly depends on what type of roads you travel or the environment in which you park your Shelby (ex) my biggest concern are pine needles/sap falling on the interior.

The best cleaner / water repellent treatment I have found and strongly recommend is Ragg Topp (I am in no way affiliated, employed or compensated by this company). I usually clean/treat the roof twice a year.

+1 on ragg top--just dont put too much on,just a light spray will do it.also forget the boot,besdies being ulgy as sin, if the top isnt really clean,boots tend to make the top rub against itself,which with dirt,tend to wear the dirt into the top,making wear marks

treat the interior with Lexol to keep the spotting down

I'm on my third year of ownership with my vert and have not had any issues with dirt in the back seat. I have about 20K miles and 99.9% of the time the top is down unless it's raining or snowing (yes you read that right). The amount of dirt you get greatly depends on what type of roads you travel or the environment in which you park your Shelby (ex) my biggest concern are pine needles/sap falling on the interior.

If your getting a pre '09 model please be aware of the various issues with the convertible top (do a search) '10 (I'm not sure where '09 sit with these problems) models seem to have all the bugs worked out.

Thank you for the information! I believe my last question is how is road noise with the top up as compared with a coupe? (ex. High, Medium or Low difference)

My 2010 is perfectly quiet. I don't even think about it it's so quiet. My friend has a 2009 coupe and we have discussed that with my 2010 vert there seems to be no difference and maybe even quieter due to the noise reduction enhancements on the 2010.

If loudness is a concern on the 2010 for you, just drive one and you will see...

Good luck on your choice!

My 2010 is perfectly quiet. I don't even think about it it's so quiet. My friend has a 2009 coupe and we have discussed that with my 2010 vert there seems to be no difference and maybe even quieter due to the noise reduction enhancements on the 2010.

If loudness is a concern on the 2010 for you, just drive one and you will see...

Good luck on your choice!

Thank you for the info, I ended up buying a 2010 Vert, but have'nt driven it yet... hopefully it will be here next week.!

Archived