TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody check into trading a '10 for '11?

cbr1000

Has anybody checked into trading their '10 for an '11?

I was curious to get a rough estimate on how much additional this would cost.... I know it's a wide range, but if somebody else has looked into this I wanted to know what you were quoted. Thanks.

Is a 120 lb savings on an already overweight car really worth taking a resale hit on the 2010? You'd probably come out ahead by just buying an aluminum block with steel sleeves (like it should of had to begin with).

But to answer your question...NO!

A family member of mine is doing it. Got 43500 out of his 2010 that has less than 2k on the odometer. New car he is getting for 47500 so about a 4k hit for him. I would say he is doing much better than most would. Dealer has already sold his 2010 and the 2011 is set to be built on APR 26.

A family member of mine is doing it. Got 43500 out of his 2010 that has less than 2k on the odometer. New car he is getting for 47500 so about a 4k hit for him. I would say he is doing much better than most would. Dealer has already sold his 2010 and the 2011 is set to be built on APR 26.

They will make ZERO profit on the trade, wonder why they did it so high?

They will make ZERO profit on the trade, wonder why they did it so high?

Dealer had a customer that was looking for that exact car. It was loaded and came with all the original documentation and pics of it comming of the truck and what not. Seems like most 10's on ebay with under 2k miles are going for mid 40's? I think them made $1500 on the deal, so 45k for a fully loaded 2010 doesnt seem too bad.

MattR ~ I'd be curious to hear from your family member once he gets it's 2011 and has some seat time his review of it compared to the 2010 he had. Hopefully it's a coupe for coupe or vert to vert so the comparision is even. Along with the weight loss for 2011 other changes like larger exhaust, quieter interior and I believed revised shocks might be noticable. Do you know what color combo he/she went with?

MattR ~ I'd be curious to hear from your family member once he gets it's 2011 and has some seat time his review of it compared to the 2010 he had. Hopefully it's a coupe for coupe or vert to vert so the comparision is even. Along with the weight loss for 2011 other changes like larger exhaust, quieter interior and I believed revised shocks might be noticable. Do you know what color combo he/she went with?

It is the same exact car, dark blue/white accents Nav and car cover. I thought for sure he was going to get the SVT package but when he saw the strips he removed that option. He should have it by mid may I would think.

The SVT package has my interest... besides just the weight savings, different tires, wheels, rides slightly lower with different springs... I'm sure there's a couple other minor differences.. some sort of under chasis aerodynamic BS.. tunable gurney flap? BS..

Anyway, I would like my car a little lower. I like the new wheels. I like the new tires on the svt package. I'd like the lower ratio rear end gear. I got the shaker 1000 in my '10 which sounds great, but I don't listen to the stereo that much when I'm in this car compared to other vehicles I drive. Instead of paying for new tires, wheels, lower the car seems like it's not much of a leap to trade car? I don't know.. just kickin' it around. I love my car so it would be hard to part with it, but if I'm getting another for not much more...

Has anybody checked into trading their '10 for an '11?

I was curious to get a rough estimate on how much additional this would cost.... I know it's a wide range, but if somebody else has looked into this I wanted to know what you were quoted. Thanks.

I've found most dealers on an average you'll get around 40-42 for your 2010 with less than 4k miles on it.

I've found most dealers on an average you'll get around 40-42 for your 2010 with less than 4k miles on it.

I went ahead and sent an email to my dealer today for details regarding cost difference.

I'm fearful of an internet bashing if I say how many miles I have on my car..... (quite voice) 700 miles.

Archived