TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shadrach Qtr. Window Scoops Group Buy

marsh2o

I have been looking to add some quarter window scoops to my GT500 -- something that closely matches the ones that originally came on the 67-68 Shelbys. After searching for a couple of years now, the closest thing I have found are the scoops found on the Shadrach Mustang (see images below).

Several weeks ago I contacted Pure Power Motorsports (PPM) about the availability of these parts. I got a response from Dick Koch who said that, although the scoops were currently out of stock, PPM would be willing to special order another batch from their supplier if they had commitments (to be paid in advance) for at least 5 pair. This post (which is repeated in the GT500 forum) is to see if there is sufficient interest to pursue such a group buy.

Further details can be found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55580-shadrach-qtr-window-scoops-group-buy/#entry946312

post-4140-127116313146_thumb.jpg

post-4140-127116314478_thumb.jpg

post-4140-127116315877_thumb.jpg

post-4140-127116313146_thumb.jpg

post-4140-127116314478_thumb.jpg

post-4140-127116315877_thumb.jpg

Those do look sweet! Have you seen these in person yet? I'd be interested if the functionality is similar to the '67/'68 scoop.

No I haven't, but I'm pretty sure there is no interior vent mechanism like on the '67 and '68. From the descriptions I've heard it is more like the interior of the Agent47's NACA scoops -- with the option to mount air ducts to the rear brakes or differential cooler. If I can find someone with interior photos, I'll be sure to have them post it here.

No I haven't, but I'm pretty sure there is no interior vent mechanism like on the '67 and '68. From the descriptions I've heard it is more like the interior of the Agent47's NACA scoops -- with the option to mount air ducts to the rear brakes or differential cooler. If I can find someone with interior photos, I'll be sure to have them post it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would love a set but with their price and then the cost of install. - just can't seem to justify the total dollar amount. Love them anyway!

Archived